How to Backup from Quicken 98 - release 7.0

nhorianhoria Member
Hi, i have an computer that run Quicken 98 - release 7.0 on a Window Vista 32 bit . When i tried to make a backup it ask me for inserting a "floppy disk" .
1. What is the procedure for backup the data without having a floppy disk unit ?
2. It is possible to give me a copy of the installing kit for this version in order to reinstall it to another computer ?
3. How i can move the license from this computer to another ?
Thanks !

Answers

• nhorianhoria Member
    Is there any chance to get an answer ?
  • Greg_the_GeekGreg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think you'll get much help here for 22 year old software.

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-and-when-use-intermediate-version-convert-older-versions-quicken
    Quicken 2017 H&B - Windows 10
  • ps56kps56k SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm amazed that you have a Quicken version from 1998
    that actually runs on any recent version of Windows...
    As far as a backup - given the results you shared, I would suggest just making a Windows copy of the files located in the Quicken data sub-dir - with Quicken closed.
  • NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quicken no longer supports, or offers, QW1998.  MAYBE you can find a copy on eBay, etc ... but I wouldn't bet on that.
    You probably need to upgrade to AT LEAST QW2013 ... which is the last version that didn't require an Intuit/Quicken ID.  And, like your current product, it won't be able to download from your banks/cards/brokerages/etc.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • smayer97smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both FREE versions of QWin (2004 and 2013) offered at the link provided are compatible with Windows Vista so why not just download one of those and use it?

They do not require floppy disks to perform backups.

If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

Have Questions? Check out these FAQs:
  • nhorianhoria Member
    Thanks you for your answers, if i will "making a Windows copy of the files located in the Quicken data sub-dir - with Quicken closed" as suggested by "ps56K" how i should import the data from those files into another version like the latest version of Quicken - Deluxe ? I did`t find any other version of Quicken available for sale on this website other than the latest 4 versions (Starter/ Deluxe/ Premier/ Home&Business) .
  • SherlockSherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    nhoria said:
    Thanks you for your answers, if i will "making a Windows copy of the files located in the Quicken data sub-dir - with Quicken closed" as suggested by "ps56K" how i should import the data from those files into another version like the latest version of Quicken - Deluxe ? I did`t find any other version of Quicken available for sale on this website other than the latest 4 versions (Starter/ Deluxe/ Premier/ Home&Business) .
    If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-and-when-use-intermediate-version-convert-older-versions-quicken

Quicken user since 1997
    Premier on Windows 10
  • volvogirlvolvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Did you check out that link for how to convert an old version?  Here is a screen shot of  https://www.quicken.com/support/how-and-when-use-intermediate-version-convert-older-versions-quicken