How to Backup from Quicken 98 - release 7.0

Hi, i have an computer that run Quicken 98 - release 7.0 on a Window Vista 32 bit . When i tried to make a backup it ask me for inserting a "floppy disk" .
1. What is the procedure for backup the data without having a floppy disk unit ?
2. It is possible to give me a copy of the installing kit for this version in order to reinstall it to another computer ?
3. How i can move the license from this computer to another ?
Thanks !

Best Answers

Answers

• nhoria
    nhoria Member
    Is there any chance to get an answer ?
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think you'll get much help here for 22 year old software.

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-and-when-use-intermediate-version-convert-older-versions-quicken
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm amazed that you have a Quicken version from 1998
    that actually runs on any recent version of Windows...
    As far as a backup - given the results you shared, I would suggest just making a Windows copy of the files located in the Quicken data sub-dir - with Quicken closed.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• nhoria
    nhoria Member
    Thanks you for your answers, if i will "making a Windows copy of the files located in the Quicken data sub-dir - with Quicken closed" as suggested by "ps56K" how i should import the data from those files into another version like the latest version of Quicken - Deluxe ? I did`t find any other version of Quicken available for sale on this website other than the latest 4 versions (Starter/ Deluxe/ Premier/ Home&Business) .
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    nhoria said:
    Thanks you for your answers, if i will "making a Windows copy of the files located in the Quicken data sub-dir - with Quicken closed" as suggested by "ps56K" how i should import the data from those files into another version like the latest version of Quicken - Deluxe ? I did`t find any other version of Quicken available for sale on this website other than the latest 4 versions (Starter/ Deluxe/ Premier/ Home&Business) .
    If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-and-when-use-intermediate-version-convert-older-versions-quicken

This discussion has been closed.