Quicken ID Sign-In Window Appears in Background when Entering Q Data File Password

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Divemaster
    Divemaster Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You mean in addition to the screen behind data file password, you now get another screen for Quicken ID and password?
    Do you have to respond to the Quicken ID and password to get to your own data file on your PC? 
    If you don't use a data file password, do you still get the new Quicken ID and password screen prompt? 
    It would seem things are going backwards!  Or Quicken is moving in a direction of forcing internet logon even for people like me who never use any functions requiring internet connection.  Why don't Quicken just acknowledge what is going on and direction they are moving?   I am still on R24 having restored an image way back when this all started.  My laptop has R27 on it, but my laptop rarely ever get used, sits in closets for months without ever being turned on.  Might pull it out and see what you mean, don't want to update desktop with Quicken which I use daily.
  • leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Options
    For me also.  This is getting aggravating.  Quicken is introducing more bugs when they try to "fix" things or add features and they are forcing subscribers to be testers.

Deluxe R55.26., Windows 10 Pro

• William Ahlstrom
    William Ahlstrom Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I agree with leishirsute. The only good thing is you do not have to log in to either the background log in screen or the second log in screen that appears when data file opens. You just cancel it at the upper right corner. Since you do not have to log in to these log in screens, why are they presented? I can not believe Quicken programers are this stupid!
  • Divemaster
    Divemaster Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I am not sure it is an error on their part, maybe they are heading in a direction of forcing online logons- even when you don't use any functions requiring online access.   The end goal may be to force data to be in their cloud?  I am not one that wants any of my data in the cloud, not just financial, not any data.   Well I try as much as possible, which is hard.  Maybe I will just go dark, been thinking how to do that, it can be done. 
  • Don Bartenstein
    Don Bartenstein Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I agree with leishirsute. The only good thing is you do not have to log in to either the background log in screen or the second log in screen that appears when data file opens. You just cancel it at the upper right corner. Since you do not have to log in to these log in screens, why are they presented? I can not believe Quicken programers are this stupid!
    Dunno about that.  I just opened my data file and I got the Quicken ID popup; cancelled out of it by hitting the "X".  When to run One Step Update and the Quicken ID dialog came up again and refused to close until I had entered my password; then prompted me for the password to the password vault.  Farkin' insane.
  • Divemaster
    Divemaster Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That just sounds very odd and would make me a bit nervous.
  • Don Bartenstein
    edited August 2020
    Options
    That just sounds very odd and would make me a bit nervous.
    And if I remove the password from my data file, then this all goes away and as an added bonus, One Step Update runs like lightning.

I note that the Quicken moderators are being very quiet on this...
  • setldown2
    setldown2 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Same ongoing problem here also. Now asking for quicken ID after I open data file.
  • andyross
    andyross Member ✭✭
    Options
    I do not have the forced second login. Sometimes, the prompt will show, but if you wait a few seconds, it disappears and the file opens as normal.
  • Don Bartenstein
    Options
    Just downloaded 28.24 and......

THEY FIXED IT!

Both issues....  ID Screen appearing in the background every time you opened the program AND the ID password request dialog after you entered your data file password or requested OSU.
  • William Ahlstrom
    William Ahlstrom Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Hurray! It looks like this thread can finally be closed for good. It is fixed with 28.24.
  • leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Problem resolved for me with R28.24 .

Deluxe R55.26., Windows 10 Pro

• setldown2
    setldown2 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Confirmed. R28.24 has resolved the ongoing problem.
  • andyross
    andyross Member ✭✭
    Options
    I had to do a Help/Check for Updates, but can add that it appears to have been fixed. The release notes even state that. I wonder if this is related to the message I had earlier about server updates? Probably took updating both of them to get it fixed.
  • Trini
    Trini Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanks to this community for the perseverance on this issue and for the many responses that kept me informed. Yes, I just updated and on sign on all was back to normal. One less stress factor in this covid 19 world. Best to all.
  • Divemaster
    Divemaster Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sad to say I am getting logon screen!  I don't get background screen, but I get a logon using Quicken ID and password.   I can X out and file password screen comes up.

I went and removed the file password and still all was the same, I got a popup logon to Quicken ID and password, X out and go to home screen.  I was not happy!

I almost restored my image I took before updating Quicken, I was on R24.  Then thought, maybe old Quicken folks want me to logon once just to verify I am legal???  So I dug around and finely found my Quicken ID password which I never use.   Password for this forum and Quicken ID passwords are different.

So I started Quicken again without file password option, went ahead and entered the password for Quicken ID popup and got home screen.  Closed Quicken and started again and did not get popup with Quicken ID and password prompt.

Changed Quicken to have a file password and restarted Quicken.  Did not get popup for Quicken ID and password.  Just got normal file password prompt, then on to home screen. 

Bottom line:  After I updated from R24 I still got the Quicken popup for ID and password and I could X out of it, didn't matter if I had file password option or not.  I did not get background window.  Once I actually answered their Quicken ID and password it hasn't asked since.  I can start Quicken, get file password prompt and go to home screen.  That is today, who knows about tomorrow?

I wish Quicken would explain why they wanted me to logon and if there is a time period or something else that will require me to logon periodically?  
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I wish Quicken would explain why they wanted me to logon and if there is a time period or something else that will require me to logon periodically?  
    Hi @Divemaster ,

There is always a time limit. It varies and occurs more frequently if you are switching between Quicken Data Files. But you do need to Enter your Quicken Data File, when your IS Provider changes your Internet Primary Address.

We are not talking about your Router assigning an Internet Primary Address which you can make Static, but the IP Address, your Provider changes the Address for the Modem, you use.

Quicken just wants to verify you, with the new Address.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• Divemaster
    Divemaster Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Options
    It had something to do with update, when on R24, 30 minutes prior to going to R28, it didn't ask for me to logon.   So something in R28 wanted to force a logon, now as said earlier I haven't logged into Quicken account for several months, last time would be a test I did on laptop.   Quicken should just document what the parameters are for requiring logon and if there is a limit on how many times I can ignore by X out of the popup. 
  • BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Happy to report that R28.24 finally resolved this issue.  Thank you everyone who contributed to this long thread and THANK YOU Quicken team!  Cheers.
    - QWin Deluxe user since 2010, US subscription on Win11
    - I don't use Cloud Sync, Mobile & Web, Bill Pay/Mgr

• Divemaster
    Divemaster Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Options
    So far still working, only got the logon screen once going from R24 to R28.24.  Decided to do the logon instead of the X out and it hasn't asked for a logon now for 2 days. Yea!

Still would like to see a documented policy on when logons using registered Quicken ID and Password were required. 
  • fay chin
    fay chin Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Is the pop up sign in required for only the Windows Quicken apps or is it also required for Quicken? There are security considerations.
    fkc_Lincolnwood
  • Divemaster
    Divemaster Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When you say apps and you meaning for mobile versions Android/Apple ?   I heear a lot of people use the term app in place of program now days for both  Windows, Linux as well as for a mobile device.  I old and I just call them all programs, but trying to change. 
This discussion has been closed.