Report Colors (Q Mac)

Donald E. Kaye
Donald E. Kaye Member ✭✭✭
edited October 2023 in Reports

It would be very useful to have negative numbers in Reports display in RED along with the current negative sign to more readily call attention to them.

19 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least as an option!

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• timothygood
    timothygood Member ✭✭
    edited August 2023

Quicken should allow for much more report customization. The report layout is so difficult to navigate and it feels like looking through fog. I was using 2007 for years because I didn't want to give up my red numbers. But technology pushed me forward. As others have said - RED numbers should be an option for negatives so positives can be easiliy found, and I think optional line or dash separators between both categories and sub categories would be helpful The summary of the category amounts should be optional at top or bottom of category (or both). Color options and parsing options are sorely missing, and such an easy fix.

[Merged Post]

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited August 2023

Hello

@timothygood

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and post your Idea request.

Ideas are reviewed by our Development and Product teams to see what features people would like to have available in the future. This way other users who have the same or a similar request can vote on your idea by clicking the up arrow (see below).

Please, be sure to add your own vote as well.

[Merged Post]

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Paul Galley
    Paul Galley Member ✭✭
    edited August 2023

I really would like to see display options on reports for 1) columns for debits and credits in lieu of or in addition to the Amount column, and 2) display of negative values in red font with parentheses. Visually these are much more pleasing and less stress on the eyes. Is this on Quicken's radar screen?

[Merged Post]

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited August 2023

@Paul Galley

To answer your question first: we never know what is on Quicken's development roadmap. There are literally hundreds of user requests for feature enhancements, and which ones rise to the top is known only to the developers.

In my observations over the past 6+ years since the modern Quicken Mac was released, the developers mostly  focus on substantive things which can't be done with the program over aesthetic improvements like these. So if I were to guess, changes like these would be low on their priority list. Unless… (1) a lot of users were clamoring for the change or (b) it turns out to be an easy change to make while they're working in the same section of the program's code on other things.

A site moderator has merged your post into an "Idea" post requesting report customization options; Idea posts have a yellow box for you and others to enter votes in favor of the suggestion. Ideas which garner more votes are more likely to get in front of the developers, so be sure to add your vote above!

[Merged Post]

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Dan49
    Dan49 Member ✭✭
    I miss the feature in earlier versions of quicken that used red for negative numbers reports, it is far easier to find what you are looking for.
  • MikeyV
    MikeyV Member
    edited September 2022
    Quicken for Mac is already using colored totals for negative and positive numbers like in the Register and SideBar. Today I was trying to figure out a problem I thought I had when the Total in my Report was showing a very scary number, but then I realized it was a Positive number not Negative. It would really be great if in the View Setting we have have the option to have colored (red and green) Totals.
  • Hello @MikeyV,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your request.

Your idea has been merged into this already active Idea thread regarding the same request.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited August 2023

Hello All,

The Community Support team regularly reviews long-standing posts and Ideas for relevancy and current interest. This Idea seems to have stalled and we would like to gauge the current interest in this request. 

If you would like to see this idea implemented, please add your vote and a comment explaining how this idea would be beneficial for you. More information, including steps to vote and how to submit your own Ideas for future product features/improvements, is also available here.

Thank you,

Quicken Community Support Team

[Merged Post]

-Quicken Anja

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited August 2023

[original comments not relevant after merger of Idea threads]

[Merged Post]

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • NanB
    NanB Member ✭✭

My vote - - YES - - please add colors (red for negative).

• Marty22
    Marty22 Member

Yes. Please add red color for negative numbers—like in Quicken for Windows.

• Dan49
    Dan49 Member ✭✭

I still want to see this feature added, red color for negative numbers make scanning a report far easier

• lar9
    lar9 Member ✭✭

Yes Please add Red for negative numbers everywhere a negative number exists in quicken, Reports, Registers, etc. Or add an option for how to display negative numbers vs positive (as is seen in excel). This is a basic need for ease of viewing financial records.