Home Quicken on the Web Errors and Troubleshooting (Quicken on the Web)
Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

The Budget ** was not synced. Parameter Name must be specified for this request.

Bad error when doing Sync Now. No budget can be specified. All budgets are synced. I have validated the data. There is no available phone number to call support. Can anyone here help, please?

Comments

• Hello @James Nail

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. It sounds like you've already taken a couple of steps here to try getting it validated. Another thing I would attempt here would be to try to duplicate the budget then attempt to resync it. To do this if you go to the planning tab and in the top left select the cogwheel you'll get a dropdown with the option to duplicate the budget. Once it's duplicated it double check it's correct then select the original budget and select the cogwheel again to delete it. Once that's been done try resetting syncing with the cloud again. 

I'm not sure if this will fix it another thing would be to try resetting the cloud after duplicating the budget as well. To do this you can navigate to edit > Preferences > Mobile and web > reset your cloud data. 

Once you've given this a chance let us know if it helped. If not we'll see what we can try next.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• James NailJames Nail Member ✭✭
    Copied to new budget, deleted old, same message after Sync Now, Deleted cloud data, then Sync Now, same message after Sync Now. More History. This occurred after download and install of the latest version 30.10, which unbelievably deleted two accounts from the database. So I reverted to a backup. Then this started to happen.
  • Quicken AnjaQuicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @James Nail,

Thank you for trying the troubleshooting instructions previously provided and providing us with an update afterward, though I apologize that you have not yet received a follow-up response and continue to experience issues.

Unfortunately, since the previous steps provided have failed thus far, at this point, I would recommend that you reach out to Quicken Support instead, for more extensive troubleshooting and possible escalation if they see fit.

I apologize that our efforts from the Community were unable to resolve this for you.

Click here to review Quicken Support's hours of operation.
    -Quicken Anja
  • JohnWellsJohnWells Member ✭✭
    edited December 2020
    The solution for me became apparent when I discovered that my cloud data was updating even though the message said sync failed. All EXCEPT the budget! I made a copy of the budget I was using (2020) and named the duplicate 2021 (since we're almost there). I deleted all my other budgets (2018, 2019, 2020). Then I did a "reset cloud data." Next I ran "One Step Update" which had no errors. Next I went to Mobile & Web tab and ran the Sync Now. No error message (Cloud data was not synced. Parameter Name must be specified). I logged into my https://app.quicken.com account and all the data is there including budget. Problem resolved!
    does the blank budget still exist at anytime during this process? I did your step one and the blank budget is still there along with my current budget
    JohnWells thanks for this info! This has also worked for me. I had probably 15 budgets in the database and probably a good idea to delete them anyway. As a note I usually keep one budget with multiple years in the same budget. This is a nice feature and don't have to open a new budget to switch between years.
  • SmoothieusaSmoothieusa Member ✭✭
    JohnWells, thank you for your helpful solution. Your recommendation worked. The budget not synced parameter error message is gone. One exception to your steps - I'm no longer syncing to Quicken Cloud and no longer using Quicken Mobil app because of frustrating problems syncing desktop with Quicken Cloud has caused over the last month or so with Memorized Payee List (separate thread). Thanks again!