How to add my Vanguard 401k account?

When I select the Quicken option to add a new account for downloads, and I type "vanguard" in the search window, the link offered to associate is "investor.vanguard.com" where I don't have account there, my url must be "https://my.vanguardplan.com" and I can not find this option, any advice will be appreciated.

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried having it look for your account using investor.vanguard.com? The worst that can happen is it will say the account was not found.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • DVitale
    DVitale Member
    Hi Jim, yes I tried to login on investor.vanguard.com, but as you said, the account was not found (trying with the browser with the same result), investor.vanguard.com doesn't share the same information than my.vanguardplan.com , this is very confusing.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Have you tired logging into Vanguard's website and initiating a download from there?
    PERHAPS, your employer only authorized Vanguard to offer Web Connect, and not Direct Connect?
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • DVitale
    DVitale Member
    I was trying to find a link to download into Quicken from my.vanguardplan.com and there is not link for that function, I tried to login from investor.vanguard.com and my account doesn't exist over there, I think the answer here is very simple, Quicken doesn't support my.vanguardplan.com at all...something that is sad for this software.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 25
    DVitale said:
    I was trying to find a link to download into Quicken from my.vanguardplan.com and there is not link for that function, I tried to login from investor.vanguard.com and my account doesn't exist over there, I think the answer here is very simple, Quicken doesn't support my.vanguardplan.com at all...something that is sad for this software.
    Just to be clear.  Quicken does supports Vanguard 401K accounts.  It appears your 401k plan may have chosen not to provide the support for their clients that use Quicken.
  • DVitale
    DVitale Member
    Sherlock, I understand your point, but as consumer of Quicken software, the fact is that I can not connect my Vanguard 401k plan to download transactions, thank you for your time Guys, I appreciate your help.