How to add my Vanguard 401k account?

When I select the Quicken option to add a new account for downloads, and I type "vanguard" in the search window, the link offered to associate is "investor.vanguard.com" where I don't have account there, my url must be "https://my.vanguardplan.com" and I can not find this option, any advice will be appreciated.

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried having it look for your account using investor.vanguard.com? The worst that can happen is it will say the account was not found.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • DVitale
    DVitale Member ✭✭
    Hi Jim, yes I tried to login on investor.vanguard.com, but as you said, the account was not found (trying with the browser with the same result), investor.vanguard.com doesn't share the same information than my.vanguardplan.com , this is very confusing.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you tired logging into Vanguard's website and initiating a download from there?
    PERHAPS, your employer only authorized Vanguard to offer Web Connect, and not Direct Connect?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• DVitale
    DVitale Member ✭✭
    I was trying to find a link to download into Quicken from my.vanguardplan.com and there is not link for that function, I tried to login from investor.vanguard.com and my account doesn't exist over there, I think the answer here is very simple, Quicken doesn't support my.vanguardplan.com at all...something that is sad for this software.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    DVitale said:
    I was trying to find a link to download into Quicken from my.vanguardplan.com and there is not link for that function, I tried to login from investor.vanguard.com and my account doesn't exist over there, I think the answer here is very simple, Quicken doesn't support my.vanguardplan.com at all...something that is sad for this software.
    Just to be clear.  Quicken does import Vanguard 401K accounts.  It appears your 401k plan may have chosen not to provide the support for their clients that use Quicken.
  • DVitale
    DVitale Member ✭✭
    Sherlock, I understand your point, but as consumer of Quicken software, the fact is that I can not connect my Vanguard 401k plan to download transactions, thank you for your time Guys, I appreciate your help.
  • Ben Botta
    Ben Botta Member
    I'm there with you, DVitale. I recently bought Quicken and at first I was able to attach my Vanguard 401(k) without any problem. At the first update, Quicken lost track of the invested value and only reported the cash in the account. I had to delete/re-add (successfully) just for the same thing to happen again. The second time I deleted, I couldn't re-add the account. A bit aggravating for a new user.
  • SoftVillain
    SoftVillain Member ✭✭
    > @"Ben Botta" said:
    > I'm there with you, DVitale. I recently bought Quicken and at first I was able to attach my Vanguard 401(k) without any problem. At the first update, Quicken lost track of the invested value and only reported the cash in the account. I had to delete/re-add (successfully) just for the same thing to happen again. The second time I deleted, I couldn't re-add the account. A bit aggravating for a new user.

I tried to login from investor.vanguard.com and my account doesn't exist over there, I think the answer here is very simple, Quicken doesn't support my.vanguardplan.com at all...something that is sad for this software.
  • atlbobby
    atlbobby Unconfirmed ✭✭
    I am having the same issue. my.vanguardplan.com is not an option to select when setting up an account. Very frustrating.
  • tsileo01
    tsileo01 Member
    Me too. Quicken - please add support for my.vanguardplan.com! Or do we need to talk to Vanguard about this??
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    tsileo01 said:
    Me too. Quicken - please add support for my.vanguardplan.com! Or do we need to talk to Vanguard about this??
    Most likely it is more like you have to push your employer to ask Vanguard for support of Quicken.
    In other words there are definitely people that are downloading their 401K from Vanguard so it is clear that it can be done, the question becomes then why isn't your 401K supported.  You can call Vanguard, but I would bet they would just refer you back to your employer.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • DVitale
    DVitale Member ✭✭
    Beside Vanguard that is not supported, you could add Transamerican, there is not download options for this company neither...
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    DVitale said:
    Beside Vanguard that is not supported, you could add Transamerican, there is not download options for this company neither...
    Again, Quicken does import 401K accounts provided by Vanguard.

Quicken does import 401k accounts provided by Transamerica Retirement Services and Transamerica Retirement Solutions.
  • Matt G.
    Matt G. Member
    If your employer told you to log in with my.vanguardplan.com, then you need to choose Vanguard Ascensus Retirement in Quicken as the Financial Institution. That worked for me. Only able to get Simple data, but better than manually entering it.
  • Allison
    Allison Member ✭✭
    edited April 2022
    I can confirm a similar issue. My employer recently switched from a different manager to my.vanguardplan.com. These accounts do not exist at investor.vanguard.com. This does not seem to be an issue of Quicken simply not supporting Vanguard as a whole (as others with investor type accounts have states above they are able to sync) or an employer not giving access. It seems that this specific type of Vanguard plan is not currently supported by Quicken. When I try to select it for connection the my.vanguardplan.com is not associated with any of the Vanguard account choices. Is there a way to request this type of account communicate with Quicken?
This discussion has been closed.