An internal error occurred while initiating One Step Update

I just got a new computer and installed Quicken. I restored my file and it opens but when I try and update it gives me the above error. I have signed out and signed in a number of times, reset my password, closed and opened the program and tried all things again but nothing works. Any help is appreciated.

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Moderator mod
    Hello @KT_WA

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

It looks like even though you have signed out and back in each time the file may not be connecting the server still. As such we would recommend contacting Quicken Support directly for the best assistance. They'll be able to double check if that is the case and also perform additional troubleshooting steps with you. I will leave our hours down below so you can find a time that works best for you.

Click here to review Quicken Support's hours of operation.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 24
    Are you able to successfully set up a new data file (File > New Quicken File (name it "Test" or whatever other unique name you want) > log in with your current Quicken ID and PW > No need to set up any accounts)?
    If not, then I am wondering if perhaps the Quicken installation did not complete properly and you might want to consider uninstalling the program and then reinstalling it.
    A couple of things that could help to ensure the reinstallation goes well:
    • Download a fresh copy of Quicken (https://www.quicken.com/support/how-do-i-download-quicken-quickencom-after-i-buy-it).  It does sometimes happen when downloading a file that the download was corrupted so getting a fresh downloaded copy will usually resolve that issue.
    • Temporarily turn off your anti-virus program just before starting the installation.  Once installed, turn it back on.  It is known that anti-virus programs can sometimes interfere with installation of programs (and not just with Quicken).
    If you are able to successfully set up a new data file, then it could be that your Cloud Account is out of sync with the Quicken installation and data file or it is corrupted.  To fix this: 
    • In your main data file:  Edit > Preferences > Mobile & Web > Sync = On > Reset your cloud data > yes > Reset > Continue.  When the Reset process is completed, turn off Sync if you do not use or plan to use Mobile and/or Web.  Then check to see if the data file is now functioning properly.  If it does not...
    • In your new data file:   Edit > Preferences > Mobile & Web > Sync = On > OK > Edit > Preferences > Cloud ID & Cloud Accounts > Cloud accounts associated with this ID > click on the Cloud Account that is associated with your main Quicken data file > Delete > yes > Close > Mobile & Web > Sync = Off > OK > File > open your main data file > log in with your current Quicken ID and PW.  Quicken will now recreate the deleted Cloud Account and do an initial sync with it.
    Did any of these things resolve the issue?
    (QW Premier Subscription: R34.24 on Windows 10)