Copy/paste keyboard shortcuts not working?

Is anyone else not able to copy or paste into Quicken using the standard keyboard shortcuts? Crtl+C & CTRL+V do nothing for me, even though it works on literally every other program on my computer. Copying and pasting from the menus within Quicken still works.

Answers

• tivolo
    tivolo Member ✭✭
    I just tried it and it worked fine. I did a copy from Notepad and a paste into the "Payee" field of one of my account registers. I used the keyboard shortcuts for both of these actions. I also tried the reverse (copy from Quicken and paste into Notepad) and that worked as well.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 29
    If you haven't already, I suggest you verify you have Windows standard chosen for the Keyboard mappings in the Setup preferences: select Edit > Preferences...

• KnnNike
    KnnNike Member ✭✭✭
    Sherlock said:
    If you haven't already, I suggest you verify you have Windows standard chosen for the Keyboard mappings in the Setup preferences: select Edit > Preferences...

sorry, should've specified this. yes, first thing i checked - this was already enabled.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    @KnnNike what are you trying to copy and paste?

You can't copy and paste a transaction this way, you can only copy and paste fields with Ctrl+C/Ctrl+V.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • KnnNike
    KnnNike Member ✭✭✭
    Chris_QPW said:
    @KnnNike what are you trying to copy and paste?

You can't copy and paste a transaction this way, you can only copy and paste fields with Ctrl+C/Ctrl+V.
    Nope, understood. It's the fields that aren't working. I can neither copy nor paste into individual fields unless I use the copy/paste command from the top menu or the right click. 
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Well then I don't know why it isn't working for you.  It is working for me.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • KnnNike
    KnnNike Member ✭✭✭
    it's ridiculous...it's literally the only program on my computer with this issue. and i've tried uninstalling/reinstalling to no avail
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a shot in the dark ...
    Are you running Quicken for Windows natively on a US Windows 10 or 8.1 PC?
    Or are you running Quicken for Windows in a virtual machine environment like Parallels on a Mac or Unix-variant?
    In the latter case, the VM may need to be (re-)configured to correctly pass thru command keystrokes to the Windows guest system ...
  • KnnNike
    KnnNike Member ✭✭✭
    UKR said:
    Just a shot in the dark ...
    Are you running Quicken for Windows natively on a US Windows 10 or 8.1 PC?
    Or are you running Quicken for Windows in a virtual machine environment like Parallels on a Mac or Unix-variant?
    In the latter case, the VM may need to be (re-)configured to correctly pass thru command keystrokes to the Windows guest system ...
    Nope, native Windows 10