Quicken for Mac v6.3 Released

Options

Comments

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    For what it is worth.
    1. When Quicken Windows introduced the investment Dashboard one of the first complaints about it was that only shows the current day, so it is the same as Quicken Mac.  People (or at least I did) expected for it to have a date selector like the portfolio view does, but has yet to get that.  So I think everyone is agreement that this is big limitation of the Dashboard.  Personally I just use the Portfolio view.
    2. On the updating of prices (at least for Quicken Windows).  It gets them from three sources.  Third party service, downloaded from financial institution, and manual input.  From what I know the prices from the third party service override the ones coming from the financial institution download information (for public traded securities).  In general that allows the portfolio/dashboard to update after the close even though a lot of the financial institutions don't send them till much later in the downloaded investment information.  But there are a few financial institutions that cause problems like Fidelity.  Fidelity updates their prices at about 3am the next day.  You would think that if one was to update the prices for say 8/2/2021 early in the morning of 8/3/2021 they would use 8/2/2021 as the date of the price, but Fidelity uses the date of when it updated the price, as in 8/3/2021.  This causes all kinds of strange things that have to be worked around.  Like people seeing a price show up on a Saturday or on a holiday that follows a business day.  The main reason I mention this is because if you do allow setting a previous date using the download date/price combination might cause problems where you are in fact going to get the price of the day before (provided it isn't Monday).  Not long ago the Windows developers optimized downloading of transactions/information and accidentally switched that order (financial data overwrote third party service) and there were all kinds of complaints from people that had financial institutions that did it like Fidelity.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • glennmacc
    glennmacc Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    jacobs said:

3) There's a discrepancy, though, which I think you need to resolve. The Portfolio view, grouped by Asset Class, appears to be using the asset classes the user specifies for each security. (So for my Portfolio, "Asset Mixture" is my biggest asset class, about 38% of my total investments.) The Dashboard is using the far-more sophisticated method discussed above. (On my Dashboard, "Asset Mix" is less than 0.5% of my investments.)  As a result, there are two places Quicken is showing Asset Allocation, and they completely and very significantly disagree with each other. That's obviously confusing and not optimal. I think the solution should be switching the Portfolio view to the advanced asset allocation calculations used for the Dashboard. 
    This is correct and should be revised.  Related, but different, I think I've also found another bug/change of behavior.  In the Portfolio view, you have the choice of "All Investing Accounts", "All Retirement Accounts", and "All Brokerage Accounts".  Choosing one filtered your portfolio to include only those accounts so you could compare performance between taxable and tax-deferred accounts.  Now though, you get "all accounts" no matter which you choose.  At least I do.  Anyone else?  And this is the behavior no matter what group (by account, by security, etc.) or other filter (value or performance, etc.) you try.

Glenn

• Shing
    Shing Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    glennmacc said:
    jacobs said:

3) There's a discrepancy, though, which I think you need to resolve. The Portfolio view, grouped by Asset Class, appears to be using the asset classes the user specifies for each security. (So for my Portfolio, "Asset Mixture" is my biggest asset class, about 38% of my total investments.) The Dashboard is using the far-more sophisticated method discussed above. (On my Dashboard, "Asset Mix" is less than 0.5% of my investments.)  As a result, there are two places Quicken is showing Asset Allocation, and they completely and very significantly disagree with each other. That's obviously confusing and not optimal. I think the solution should be switching the Portfolio view to the advanced asset allocation calculations used for the Dashboard. 
    This is correct and should be revised.  Related, but different, I think I've also found another bug/change of behavior.  In the Portfolio view, you have the choice of "All Investing Accounts", "All Retirement Accounts", and "All Brokerage Accounts".  Choosing one filtered your portfolio to include only those accounts so you could compare performance between taxable and tax-deferred accounts.  Now though, you get "all accounts" no matter which you choose.  At least I do.  Anyone else?  And this is the behavior no matter what group (by account, by security, etc.) or other filter (value or performance, etc.) you try.

Glenn

@glennmacc This is a known bug and hopefully they will fix it in 6.3.1. 
  • Bill
    Bill Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Since updating to Quicken Deluxe 6.3.0 the vast majority of posted transactions are gray whereas previous versions displayed these transactions in green, red or other colors.
  • twoaussie
    twoaussie Member ✭✭
    Options
    I seem to have identified a bug in the new Mac 6.3 release.

I too agree that this release is great in many ways in respect of investments handling.

However, I have investments in multiple currencies, and when I open the register on the portfolio screen at the Retirement level or the Brokerage level, I lose the ability to see many of my accounts. Even when I toggle between currencies - all that is shown in my local investments in my home currency (Australian $'s) with a $US sign next to the Australian dollar balances on the retirement screen and with GBP sign on the investing screen again only being able to see my Australian dollar investments.

At the account level, everything is fine, and the balances in the register itself are correct and correctly translated to my home currency. The dashboard does not show currency signs by is showing the native currency amount correctly, it is a bug in portfolio view at the summary level it seems.

Over to Quicken to fix please
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    Bill said:
    Since updating to Quicken Deluxe 6.3.0 the vast majority of posted transactions are gray whereas previous versions displayed these transactions in green, red or other colors.
    @Bill Where exactly are you referring to? In a register, transactions are always black, except scheduled transactions which are gray. The Amount is green for a positive number and black for a negative number; the Balance is red for a negative number, black for a positive number.  What are you seeing that's gray incorrectly?
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Bill
    Bill Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Sorry I left out the most important detail: the problem with grayed out posts is in the calendar. Prior to 6.3 these postings were all in color.
  • scott abbey
    scott abbey Member ✭✭
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Let me add my views on this issue. I use the asset class allocation data from the portfolio view to track, over time, the change in allocations for my entire portfolio. After reading the above responses, I see that I can find the same data in the new dashboard, however it is significantly less convenient there. To see either the percentage or dollar value of (say) Large Cap Stock one must mouse over the pie chart. I have to then switch to my tracking sheet to record the information, which causes the pop-up dollar/% info to disappear. Whereas in the (former) Portfolio view, I can see all of the dollar allocations neatly on a table and transcribe them easily.

I appreciate that the new Dashboard is more accurate than the old report, which worked only when I e.g. classified Schwab S&P 500 FD as "large cap", when in fact it's not quite entirely large cap. But the workflow implications are pretty serious to me and others.

All I need is for the pie chart to be either enhanced or replaced with the dollar values to be happy, especially as the data is now presumably more accurate. Even better would be the ability to drill down into the pie charge to see the holdings in each catagory, and to change the date the report is showing. Both are possible in the Portfolio view. For instance, I show an allocation of "unclassified" in the Dashboard, but have no way to see what that asset is.
  • india just
    india just Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    This is a moderately useful breakdown by sector, shows overlaps and concentrations:
    Long time user, mac only, brand new to beta testing.  NOOB.  Allin on beta.
  • india just
    india just Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    This is a circle chart showing gainers by portfolio:  I like the idea of overlaying multiple circles like this, gainers/country/size/sector  across entire account in quicken.
    Long time user, mac only, brand new to beta testing.  NOOB.  Allin on beta.
  • Quicken Marcus
    Quicken Marcus Employee ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jlgg said:
    Two problems I've found in Investing in 6.3 1) Collapsing the graph in brokerage and account windows doesn't stick. Graph reappears whenever new account is selected 2) Account selection drop down tab now has no effect. Unable to select different combinations of accounts Thanks for your attention
    Yup, we just fixed this with the 6.3.1 released today.  Select Check for Updates under the Quicken menu to get it immediately.
  • ddeacon
    ddeacon Member ✭✭
    Options
    @Quicken Marcus

For those that ran into the problem I reported where portfolio view would not allow you to switch between views of different currencies, that has been fixed with an update today that I had to manually check for.

The dashboard is still broken though. @Quicken Sarah if you can look at that. Basically do this:
    1) In Portfolio View select "All Canadian Accounts"
    2) Go to Dashboard view and you see the total in the top right is in Canadian currency and is accurate. The list of securities in the holding list and other dashboard panels is the list of Canadian ones...all good so far.
    3) In Portfolio view switch to"All US Dollar Accounts"
    4) Switch back to Dashboard view. The value in top right is correct with total value of all USD accounts but the dashboard screens all still show my Canadian Accounts in each of the dashboard panels instead of USD holdings etc.
  • Quicken Marcus
    Options
    jacobs said:
    Quicken Marcus said:
    We do believe that being able to search and clean up your data is a critical use case within Quicken. As you know, the way to do this today is to go to the All Transactions view, search for what you're looking for using the search box. Then select the transactions you want to update and click on the Edit button in the toolbar to multi-edit the transaction.

I don't think this is necessarily a replacement for Find and Replace but wanted to make sure people knew this was an option because I know from talking to a number of customers that this wasn't obvious to them.
    @Quicken Marcus  The problem with this is that it doesn't work on split transactions. So for many purposes, this simply doesn't work -- and there is no alternative but manually updating each transaction one at a time. Is making this work on split lines of transactions on the development radar?
    Yup, I agree. We briefly looked at adding Splits to the multi-edit screen but it became clear it wasn't going to be as simple as just adding the Splits UI to that screen. I think one of the goals for someone wanting to do this is to change a category in one of the split lines vs changing the entire split structure on every selected transaction which is what the multi-edit screen would imply. In any case, I decided to have a designer think through all of the goals that people want to do when they say they want Find and replace and for us to then design a feature to help people achieve those goals whether it's find and replace or a new multi-edit screen. Anyway, we're still working on this. and there's nothing to report at this time.
  • Quicken Marcus
    edited August 2021
    Options
    jacobs said:
    Quicken Marcus said:

Basically, we are actually saving the mixed-asset class down to its individual components which is coming from our quote provider.  For example, I was just looking at Vanguard S&P500 Growth ETF (VOOG) and the asset mix is actually 91% Large Cap, 8% Small-Cap and 1% International.  How do I know that? Well, I had to use Quicken Windows to find that out because Quicken Mac doesn't display it. Quicken Mac should. However, Quicken Mac is storing and using those percentages when it displays the asset mix charts on the dashboard even if we never show you the asset class percentages for a mixed-asset class.
    @Quicken Marcus This is what I had guessed was happening by looking at the Asset Allocation dashboard, so thank you for confirming this is how it is working behind the scenes. Three quick points:

1) As you say, there needs to be a UI added so users can see how Quicken is breaking down the asset classes of each security.

2) These asset classes for a mixed-asset class security need to be user-editable, because some users have securities which are not publicly traded for which Quicken can't download the breakdown of assets.

Quicken Windows does both #1 and #2 on the Edit Security screen. It seems you've already done the hard work by importing this data, storing it in the database, and using it for calculations; hopefully adding the UI to see/edit this data will prove to be a pretty easy enhancement.

Yes, I agree on all points. We're going to remain inconsistent in the dashboard and portfolio view for the 6.3 release because changing the portfolio view would be too destabilizing at this stage but we'll make them consistent as soon as we can and will continue to refine the dashboard and security window over the next few releases.
  • Quicken Marcus
    Options
    Chris_QPW said:
    For what it is worth.
    1. When Quicken Windows introduced the investment Dashboard one of the first complaints about it was that only shows the current day, so it is the same as Quicken Mac.  People (or at least I did) expected for it to have a date selector like the portfolio view does, but has yet to get that.  So I think everyone is agreement that this is big limitation of the Dashboard.  Personally I just use the Portfolio view.
    2. On the updating of prices (at least for Quicken Windows).  It gets them from three sources.  Third party service, downloaded from financial institution, and manual input.  From what I know the prices from the third party service override the ones coming from the financial institution download information (for public traded securities).  In general that allows the portfolio/dashboard to update after the close even though a lot of the financial institutions don't send them till much later in the downloaded investment information.  But there are a few financial institutions that cause problems like Fidelity.  Fidelity updates their prices at about 3am the next day.  You would think that if one was to update the prices for say 8/2/2021 early in the morning of 8/3/2021 they would use 8/2/2021 as the date of the price, but Fidelity uses the date of when it updated the price, as in 8/3/2021.  This causes all kinds of strange things that have to be worked around.  Like people seeing a price show up on a Saturday or on a holiday that follows a business day.  The main reason I mention this is because if you do allow setting a previous date using the download date/price combination might cause problems where you are in fact going to get the price of the day before (provided it isn't Monday).  Not long ago the Windows developers optimized downloading of transactions/information and accidentally switched that order (financial data overwrote third party service) and there were all kinds of complaints from people that had financial institutions that did it like Fidelity.
    Chris_QPW, thanks for bringing this up. On Quicken Mac, we had a similar bug that just occurred on Schwab accounts, and only if you made a purchase or sold your shares on Friday. It took a while to track down because it felt intermittent since the purchase had to occur on Friday and you had to look at your portfolio over the weekend or maybe it was on Monday.  Anyway, it's really hard to synthesize data from all of these different brokerages who all, in theory, are supposed to send their data according to a spec but in the end, never follow the spec to spec so we're always trying to fix and reinterpret the data we're getting to make it right. This does mean we're always a little gun shy from making any changes because we've been burned in the past where making a change could work perfectly fine for 3/4 of the brokerages but break things for the other 1/4 and we wouldn't know because maybe we don't test with that 1/4.  Anyway, thanks for the heads up. We interpret the data in a similar way to Quicken Windows so will run into many of the same issues. 
  • Quicken Marcus
    Options
    glennmacc said:
    jacobs said:

Glenn
    I think we've fixed this in v6.3.1. Please upgrade and let us know if this didn't get fixed. We had to make changes to the way accounts were handled because simple investing accounts can't be included because we don't have transaction data to support cost basis and gain calculations. This change of trying to segment out simple investing accounts broke how all accounts are included or not included in the portfolio view. This also affected multi-currency accounts. Hopefully, this is fixed now in 6.3.1.
  • Quicken Marcus
    Options
    twoaussie said:
    I seem to have identified a bug in the new Mac 6.3 release.

I too agree that this release is great in many ways in respect of investments handling.

However, I have investments in multiple currencies, and when I open the register on the portfolio screen at the Retirement level or the Brokerage level, I lose the ability to see many of my accounts. Even when I toggle between currencies - all that is shown in my local investments in my home currency (Australian $'s) with a $US sign next to the Australian dollar balances on the retirement screen and with GBP sign on the investing screen again only being able to see my Australian dollar investments.

At the account level, everything is fine, and the balances in the register itself are correct and correctly translated to my home currency. The dashboard does not show currency signs by is showing the native currency amount correctly, it is a bug in portfolio view at the summary level it seems.

Over to Quicken to fix please
    Please upgrade to 6.3.1. I think this should now be fixed. Unfortunately, as I mentioned in the previous comment, we broke this when trying to filter out Simple Tracked accounts and didn't catch it before we shipped.  It was a lot more complicated than we expected so it took a little bit longer to fix than I had hoped but I think it should be working well now.  Let me know in these comments if it's not.
  • Quicken Marcus
    Options
    ddeacon said:
    @Quicken Marcus

For those that ran into the problem I reported where portfolio view would not allow you to switch between views of different currencies, that has been fixed with an update today that I had to manually check for.

The dashboard is still broken though. @Quicken Sarah if you can look at that. Basically do this:
    1) In Portfolio View select "All Canadian Accounts"
    2) Go to Dashboard view and you see the total in the top right is in Canadian currency and is accurate. The list of securities in the holding list and other dashboard panels is the list of Canadian ones...all good so far.
    3) In Portfolio view switch to"All US Dollar Accounts"
    4) Switch back to Dashboard view. The value in top right is correct with total value of all USD accounts but the dashboard screens all still show my Canadian Accounts in each of the dashboard panels instead of USD holdings etc.
    Thanks for reporting this. I have been able to reproduce the issue and will file a bug.
  • glennmacc
    glennmacc Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    glennmacc said:
    jacobs said:

Glenn
    I think we've fixed this in v6.3.1. Please upgrade and let us know if this didn't get fixed. We had to make changes to the way accounts were handled because simple investing accounts can't be included because we don't have transaction data to support cost basis and gain calculations. This change of trying to segment out simple investing accounts broke how all accounts are included or not included in the portfolio view. This also affected multi-currency accounts. Hopefully, this is fixed now in 6.3.1.
    Seems to be fixed in 6.3.1.  Thanks for addressing this quickly.  BTW, now that the portfolio view insists on using "asset mixture" rather than our edited asset class, it would be nice if the dashboard could be broken down similarly by brokerage, retirement, and all.  Or again, if the portfolio view accurately represented the "X-ray" of the portfolio when dealing with asset mixtures, that would be even better.
  • Snoopy FC
    Snoopy FC Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The issue discussed in this post still remains in version 6.3.1: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7866385/make-hidden-investment-account-data-visible-in-investment-history-q-mac-edited#latest. Can we get this fixed?
    QMac Subscription - iMac - Quicken Mac user since 1995
  • Shing
    Shing Mac Beta Beta
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Snoopy FC said:
    I would argue that the current behavior is not consistent with how reporting treats hidden accounts. In my mind, the portfolio graph is a report. Therefore, it should behave like a numerical-based report, i.e. include hidden accounts assuming the user selects those accounts to view. That might be easier said than done as it would require the drop-down menu immediately below the graph to include all hidden accounts. From a coding standpoint this could be a challenge. Hopefully someone from Quicken can provide insight. @Quicken Sarah @Quicken Marcus @Quicken Chris
  • jacobs
    Options
    I’d say that you just cannot have the program offer to show investments “as of” a day in the past but then ignore accounts which are now closed but had holdings on the “as of” date. It doesn’t make sense, it’s not expected, and it presents wrong information. 

And the portfolio graphs are flat-out wrong if they omit historical transactions from accounts set for “hide in lists.”

I’d also argue that “hide in lists” was not created for, and does not suggest, that the account is hidden completely. “Hide in lists” should hide the account from drop-down lists; it should not hide historical results.

Currently, anyone who views any portfolio graph and has hidden any former accounts — which is likely a majority of investors — is looking at a wrong historical graph.

I hope this can be fixed. I’m hopeful it is not too complex, as all we’re really saying is to include all accounts in the historical graph, and all accounts in the text display of holdings on the “as of” date. Quicken should not exclude accounts which are closed or hidden in lists in the Portfolio view. 
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As I Quicken Windows user it sounds like the flaw is in the Portfolio graph.
    As it shouldn't be making assumptions of what accounts to show or not show based on the "hidden account flag".  The hidden in lists flag is for the dialogs selecting accounts, securities, ...  not part of "filtering of the database query".

The Quicken Windows Portfolio view works just like the reports.
    The logic is quite simple.  The user has the ability to decide what accounts to include or not include, and that includes "hidden accounts" and even "separate accounts".  Yes there are "default groups" in some places, but they can almost always be overridden.

There seems to be this idea that this is might be a complex thing, just because it isn't a report.  I can't see how that can possibly be true.  The gathering of data is (should be) separate from the displaying of such data.  The process should be you have a way for the user to select the data they want (dialogs for selecting time frame, accounts, securities, ....).  Then you take that information and make a database query to get the data.  And then you display that data.  The first two steps should basically be the same whether it is a report or a view or graph that is going to be used for the output.

If I select to only show 1 account in my report/view, that is all all should get no matter what time frame I select.  On the other hand if I want to include a hidden or separate account then I should be allowed to do that, the report/view/graph shouldn't restrict me from including any account I want.

One my argue over the "default" for a new report, view, but they shouldn't ever be restricted to only that because there no way that this is one size fits all.

In Quicken Windows there are very few places that you can't customize the reports/views for accounts/categories/securities/...  And in the places you can't there are almost universal opinion that it is wrong.
    Signature:
  • jacobs
    Options
    Chris, the portfolio screen in Quicken Mac consists of two parts: a graph, which shows the currently selected account(s) over any of 9 time rangers, from a week to a year to all-time. I believe all of us discussing this issue here agree that the graph should not filter out accounts tagged "hide in lists" and should instead show the history fr all accounts for the selected time period.

This bottom section of the screens more important. It isn't a report; it's interactive and looks more like a register: list of investments which can be set to show portfolio value, performance or gain, and grouped by account, by security, by asset class, and a few other criteria.  At this time, it's the only way to generate any reporting on investments in Quicken Mac. This data is driven by an "as of" date in the upper right of the screen; it defaults logically to today, but can be set for any prior date. The problem here is that Quicken is again filtering out accounts set to "hide in lists." This means that viewing account holdings as of a date in the past is wrong if you had investments at that time in an account now zeroed out and tagged as "hide in lists." (The only way to get correct past data is to know which accounts might have had a non-zero value at the time and unhide them from lists, or unhide every account from lists -- and then manually re-tag them as hidden from list after looking up whatever data you were looking for.) This is what, in my opinion, needs to be fixed. The developers need to make "hide in lists" actually only hide in lists, not hide the data in those accounts; if there is a need some users might have for wanting to truly hide an account completely, even historically, that should be a different tag/setting/option than "hide in lists."

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @jacobs thanks for explaining what Quicken Mac has.  I totally agree that it shouldn't remove hidden accounts without anyway to show them, and that is in lines with what I was trying to say.

The Quicken Window Portfolio view doesn't have a graph on it (there are graphs in other views/reports).  It is in table form and it is one of the MAJOR investment "viewing/tracking" parts of Quicken.  For investing it is my (and most people's) go to place to check out.

Here is how Quicken Windows does it:

If I select Customize this is what I get:
    First tab for what field/columns of data I want.

Accounts tab is the important one for this discussion.

Note that the "Show (hidden accounts)" is actually wrong in my opinion since it really means "separate", but it doesn't really matter the point here is that the user can decide what accounts to show in this view no matter if they are hidden or separate or not.  The user should have total freedom to decide this.

Certainly if I'm going to be restricted of what accounts I can select to some kind of "rule" based on the hidden flags, I would certainly want it to include all the accounts.  But this is just plain wrong, the user shouldn't be restricted in this way.

In Quicken Windows the "filtering" of the accounts is decided up front by the user (there is a default, but the user can override it).  It isn't decided by the "hidden" or "separate" flag and then some fixed opinion of the developers of what should be shown here.

I will also point out something, you see this "Show"?
    Quicken Windows actually has 28 of these "views" that the user can customize any way they like.
    So restricting the user to some kind of built-in assumption that "hidden accounts shouldn't show up" or even the opposite would severely restrict the usefulness of this view.

Here is an example, of another one I have customized.

Here I'm looking to see how well balanced these securities are.  I'm not interested in what accounts they are in since is a "total portfolio balancing" (most of these are actually held in different accounts).  So for this I went ahead and just selected all accounts and then only the securities I'm interested in (I have other securities, but they aren't part of this balancing).

I take it that Quicken Mac only has one such view, well in my opinion that is even more reason to leave it up to the user by doing that is actually stated.  The option is "Hide accounts in lists" it isn't "Hide account data in views".

Note that "My Portfolio View" above only selects my current investment accounts.  If I was to select all of my investment accounts it would show me a lot of empty accounts which would just cause things to scroll and such.  And my intent for that view is to show my current status.  I seldom go back very far and even then it is usually just for checking a reconcile or such and still I'm only interested in my current accounts.

The point is even though I'm using this view like "hide closed accounts" I certainly wouldn't want for it to be restricted in a way that I couldn't show closed accounts if I needed to.  And that would be especially true for Quicken Mac where you have no other reports to show this kind of thing on.
    Signature:
  • glennmacc
    glennmacc Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    jacobs said:
    I’d say that you just cannot have the program offer to show investments “as of” a day in the past but then ignore accounts which are now closed but had holdings on the “as of” date. It doesn’t make sense, it’s not expected, and it presents wrong information. 

And the portfolio graphs are flat-out wrong if they omit historical transactions from accounts set for “hide in lists.”

I’d also argue that “hide in lists” was not created for, and does not suggest, that the account is hidden completely. “Hide in lists” should hide the account from drop-down lists; it should not hide historical results.

Currently, anyone who views any portfolio graph and has hidden any former accounts — which is likely a majority of investors — is looking at a wrong historical graph.

I hope this can be fixed. I’m hopeful it is not too complex, as all we’re really saying is to include all accounts in the historical graph, and all accounts in the text display of holdings on the “as of” date. Quicken should not exclude accounts which are closed or hidden in lists in the Portfolio view. 
    I agree 100%.  Which is why I never hide nor close old Investment/Asset accounts, I just title them "XXX Account (closed in 2015)" for example and continue to include it as an active account, albeit with a zero balance today (yes the left panel has a long list of accounts, many with $0 balances).  I do this exactly for the reasons above, so reports, graphs, performance numbers all accurately reflect the true picture of my financial history (at least as much as the current options allow).

Glenn

• lhossus
    lhossus SuperUser, Mac Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I am still running Quicken for Mac v6.2.2 - and waiting for the update notification that there is a newer version available. This would seem to indicate that v6.3 is still in limited release.

And Yes, I know that I could force the update. But somebody has got to test the default behavior. ;)
    Quicken Mac Subscription • macOS Monterey 12.6 on MacBook Pro 13" M1
  • jacobs
    Options
    lhossus said:
    I am still running Quicken for Mac v6.2.2 - and waiting for the update notification that there is a newer version available. This would seem to indicate that v6.3 is still in limited release.
    That's interesting. I had been under the impression Quicken 6.3.1 was in wide release, not paused. It's rare (unprecedented?) for there to be a multi-week pause in a Quick Mac release. And I haven't seen any other posts by people about not seeing 6.3.1. 
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    I also have not gotten the update notice on my production copy.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s