Where is Lifetime Planner tool in version R38.29?

2»

Comments

• TLquickenSub
    TLquickenSub Member ✭✭
    I just noticed this problem today. I have Windows Subscription running Windows 10. I reinstalled Quicken. Change Assumptions worked for a bit until I rebooted my computer. Same problem. Is there a fix for this issue yet?
  • TLquickenSub
    TLquickenSub Member ✭✭
    > @TLquickenSub said:
    > I just noticed this problem today. I have Windows Subscription running Windows 10. I reinstalled Quicken. Change Assumptions worked for a bit until I rebooted my computer. Same problem. Is there a fix for this issue yet?
    @Chris_QPW Thanks for all your responses on this thread. Did you ever find a fix for the problem reoccuring after rebooting computer? I haven't gone through the process of going back versions. Since I am on Windows Subscriptions that seems tricky. Thanks!
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    @TLquickenSub
    I haven't been able to pin down exactly what is causing this and as such find a fix.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • TLquickenSub
    TLquickenSub Member ✭✭
    SHORT-TERM WORKAROUND: I realized that you can access the individual components of "Plan Assumptions" by clicking on the individual blue highlighted links in the "Plan Assumptions" card below the table.
  • Same bug is in R38.30. Screen reads "navigation to webpage canceled"
    This week I moved quicken from windows 10 computer to new windows 11 computer which required latest Edge browser upgrade. Quicken program works in general. However after conversion many parts of Quicken program, including pop up windows in planning and other sections of Quicken, no longer work.

Error screen messages is the same as on this problem.

Uninstalling and reinstalling Quicken does not fix.

Changing browser from Edge to Google Chrome does not fix.

Partial fix added quicken.com as exception to security on Edge can now access with pop up.

TLquickensub short term work around works only for some not all individual components of "plan assumptions".
  • Please fix the lifetime planner bug in R38-30
  • Still26
    Still26 Member ✭✭
    Just got off the phone with support on this issue. Apparently is a known issue and not fixed yet. Tech indicated that some people have had temporary success with reinstallation but the problem eventually reoccurs. I was given no ETA on resolution.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    There is more information on this thread (note even though Lifetime Planner isn't mentioned, it is the same problem):
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20247189#Comment_20247189
    Signature:
  • SLewis-Atl
    SLewis-Atl Member ✭✭
    I've been using Quicken Premium for Windows (download version) for over a decade and rely on the Lifetime Planning tool and the Change Assumptions functions. I spoke w/ Support and they acknowledged that this is a known error. They had me revert back to a previous release but it didnt'f fix the issue. Similar to all the other users expressing concern this functionality is not working with v 38.xx+, I am very disappointed that Quicken has not made fixing this a Priority 1 escalation. Anxiously awaiting a Patch.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I've been using Quicken Premium for Windows (download version) for over a decade and rely on the Lifetime Planning tool and the Change Assumptions functions. I spoke w/ Support and they acknowledged that this is a known error. They had me revert back to a previous release but it didnt'f fix the issue. Similar to all the other users expressing concern this functionality is not working with v 38.xx+, I am very disappointed that Quicken has not made fixing this a Priority 1 escalation. Anxiously awaiting a Patch.
    Besides reverting to R38.30 you also need to delete this folder (with Quicken not running):
    C:\ProgramData\Quicken\Cache
    Signature:
  • John623
    John623 Member ✭✭
    Is there a fix to this besides reverting to R38? I would lose way too much data to go back to that release.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    John623 said:
    Is there a fix to this besides reverting to R38? I would lose way too much data to go back to that release.
    Reverting to an older version of Quicken doesn't change your data file.
    But as it turns out, now that some time has passed you can install the latest patch R39.23 and get the same fix.
    Quicken for Windows: Manual Mondo Patch Update

But be sure to also remove the C:\ProgramData\Quicken\Cache folder before starting Quicken.
    Signature:
  • manic996
    manic996 Member
    Support just told me that this is legacy functionality that they are no longer troubleshooting. It was a very frustrating conversation.
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    manic996 said:
    Support just told me that this is legacy functionality that they are no longer troubleshooting. It was a very frustrating conversation.
    What did support class as legacy functionality? The Lifetime Planner? That would not be accurate. 

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited March 2022
    Hello @manic996,

I apologize for the misinformation you received as Lifetime Planner is in fact still supported.

I have sent you a direct message, please navigate to the inbox in the top right-hand corner of the Community page and check your inbox.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• pjjameso
    pjjameso Member ✭✭
    Same issue for me running R39.23 Build 27.1.39.23. Wish Quicken had an ETA for the fix
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    pjjameso said:
    Same issue for me running R39.23 Build 27.1.39.23. Wish Quicken had an ETA for the fix
    What issue are you having? Are you unable to find the Lifetime Planner in your Quicken?

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    In my QWin HBR R39.23, the Lifetime Planner is under PLANNING, Go To Planning, and then it's the 3rd menu selection.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

This discussion has been closed.