Favorite Decade...

Quicken Jasmine
Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
edited February 2023 in The Water Cooler
Good Morning All, 
It is time for another monthly Ice Breaker question!

The 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s: Which decade do you love the most and why?

Although I was born at the end of the 90s and did not get to participate in any of these decades I would go with the 70s as my favorite: voluminous hair, parachute pants, bell bottoms, tye-dye, colorful eyeshadow, Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Pink Floyd... need I say more??

What is your favorite decade out of those 4? I look forward to finding out!
Happy Thursday 
B) 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited March 2022
    I'm an early 90s baby so I'd have to stick with choosing the 90s as my favorite decade :heart:

All my favorite childhood memories took place in this era, and having my older brothers and sister be teenagers during that time made them very influential in getting me to listen to all the 90s greatest hits (which I still play today and annoy my children with :wink:)! 

Looking back I'd say the fashion is a bit questionable but I sure loved rocking it back then and remember pouting at certain outfits I was not allowed to wear that my sister would rock as they were teen-appropriate, but certainly not child-appropriate. :sweat_smile:

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    I was born - practically - right when the decade started, so I will have to concur with @Quicken Anja and say the 90s are my favorite, as well. 

I really loved the way a lot of the console games from the SNES era looked; they had managed to develop pixel graphics to what I would consider its highest point in the 16-bit era. Of course, you had the large-scale introduction of polygons and other gaming innovations, as well. Resident Evil and Silent Hill popped up back then, too; my favorite franchises ever.

A lot of my favorite bands either got together in the 90s or hit it big then: Sponge, Soundgarden, Pantera, Chevelle, the Deftones, The Uriah Omen/He Is Legend, Alice in Chains, Coheed & Cambria, etc. Practically every genre you could enjoy had a multi-platinum hit, which is something I miss, given how everything on radio seems to be designed to sound like everything else in the 2010s/2020s.

Of course, there are a lot of films and TV shows I remember pretty fondly from the 90s, as well. Mortal Kombat, Jurassic Park, and the Fifth Element. I can't really forget watching Toonami back around '96 or so, back when Tom looked like a 'Bob-omb' from Mario and they were premiering stuff like Robotech Macross for the first time to mass audiences in the States. Who can forget The Power Rangers, Twin Peaks, and Goosebumps?

Of course, I love flannel and I don't know anything about proper jean/denim maintenance, so that just fits in perfectly.

Anyway, that's enough nostalgia for now.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 80's.  That's when I moved to SF and became a Wineaux.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    90's for me, purely based on music.  I still enjoy loud Techno and Alternative and regularly attended the early years of Coachella.
    - QWin Deluxe user since 2010, US subscription on Win11
    - I don't use Cloud Sync, Mobile & Web, Bill Pay/Mgr

• BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    Now why would you mark my previous comment "Unhelpful"?  Grrrr :s

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    BK said:
    Maybe someone just clicked on the wrong spot and wanted to click Helpful, and didn’t notice the mistake.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    I'll be positive and pretend that was the case.  Thanks @Chris_QPW

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    BK said:
    I went ahead and removed the "Unhelpful" reaction from your comment! :smile:

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you @Quicken Anja o:)

This discussion has been closed.