Dummy Transaction with Zero Amount [in TJMaxx]

System
System Member admin
This discussion was created from comments split from: Unable to link biller for Kohls Credit Card.

Comments

• John44
    John44 Member ✭✭✭
    Should I create a separate post for the following?
    Also for this account there is a dummy transaction downloaded with a zero amount whenever there are transactions to be downloaded. Has anyone experienced this on any accounts?
  • John44
    John44 Member ✭✭✭
    My mistake. Sorry this is happening on my TJMax account not Kohls.
    Running QMAC Version 6.8.1 (Build 608.44845.100) using Quicken connect. macOS 12.4
    I noticed it happening with June downloads. I had no downloads for April & May.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @John44,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you don't mind, could you please provide a screenshot of the issue you described above? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• John44
    John44 Member ✭✭✭
    Here is the picture showing the dummy transactions.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Thank you for following up and providing the screenshot.

To start with, I suggest creating a new (test) file and try adding the same account brand new to see if you receive the same result in the test file. If needed, please, review this support article for instructions on how to create a new file and how to switch back to your original file after.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• John44
    John44 Member ✭✭✭
    Did all of that. Same thing.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @John44

Thank you for coming back to update us and for attempting the test file. 

At this point, due to the false transaction occurring in your main file and within the test file, we recommend reaching out to the Financial Institution where your TJMaxx card is located with for further assistance. It is recommended to request to speak to a Tier 2 agent or a supervisor as they are generally more familiar with third-party applications such as Quicken. 

I do apologize that we could not be of more assistance. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• John44
    John44 Member ✭✭✭
    I just downloaded a transaction for 6/5 and there wasn't a dummy downloaded. I had sent in a problem report so maybe it has been fixed.
  • John44
    John44 Member ✭✭✭
    I just downloaded a transaction for 6/5 and there wasn't a dummy downloaded. I had sent in a problem report so maybe it has been fixed.
    Previous post typo. Should have been 7/5 not 6/5.
    However, I just did another one-step update and there were no valid transactions downloaded but a dummy transaction for 7/7 with zero amount was. So I guess it isn't fixed.
  • John44
    John44 Member ✭✭✭
    I think I figured out why the bogus transaction is happening.
    One-step update is downloading pending transactions for my TJMAX credit card account with a category of “Transfer”. The next time I run an update results in a bogus transaction of $0.00 being downloaded because the transaction is now a completed transaction.
    Something needs correcting!
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    So the problem would appear to be that the credit card company is including pending transactions in their downloads to Quicken; they shouldn't be. It might be worth a call to to TJX credit card customer service to complaint about this.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.