R42.21 - Amex OL-294-A error.

Micky1701
Micky1701 Member ✭✭
Quicken updated my version this morning to R42.21 and now my AMEX updates are failing. Can anyone else verify this version and issues?

Best Answers

• Bill Byrnes
    Bill Byrnes Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I just starting having the problem this morning.
  • retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Looks like they are..... 

Windows 11 (2 separate computers)..... Quicken Premier.. HAVE USED QUICKEN CONTINUOUSLY SINCE 1985.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.
  • Chinavat
    Chinavat Member
    Answer ✓
    I've been having the same issue for the past 2 days. I just saw a post that Quicken states that they have noticed an issue and are working internally to fix it.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    HI @tkbitterman

You are not alone.  Please see the Notice at this LINK for more information.  And I suggest that you bookmark it so that you are updated about Quicken Support's progress on this problem.

Let me know if you have any followups.

Frankx

Answers

• Micky1701
    Micky1701 Member ✭✭
    Received the same Bob and now my Amex updates are failing. OL-294-A error. I did go to Help, release notes for this version and there was an option to upgrade to the latest version there (although I was at the latest version?). Downloaded and installed, but still receiving AMEX errors on update accounts - maybe AMEX has an issue - will wait a bit and try again.
  • Micky1701
    Micky1701 Member ✭✭
    Hoping I am not going down a rabbit hole :)
  • Micky1701
    Micky1701 Member ✭✭
    Amex error when updating accounts OL-294-A error.
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Hi Micky1701.
    Amex issues started yesterday for me so I think a totally separate issue and did not mention it here. Started while I was on 42.19.
    I DID check for an update after the 42.21, but let me check again....
    Nope, latest version.
  • retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    It's no shown on the Mondo Update site as available either... nor what the update is all about... sad

Windows 11 (2 separate computers)..... Quicken Premier.. HAVE USED QUICKEN CONTINUOUSLY SINCE 1985.

• GreensboroAlan
    GreensboroAlan Member ✭✭
    Quicken just installed its latest Program Update (Windows 10).

I then did our normal One-Step Update and all accounts worked fine, except for Amex (OL-294-A).

Never had a problem with Amex before.

We have not changed any passwords.

Is this a new problem associated with today's Quicken Program Update?

Thanks,

Alan
  • haigd
    haigd Member
    Same here, started after update this morning
  • Don Awalt
    Don Awalt Member ✭✭✭✭
    It's had OL-294-A errors for the last 2 hours. I can log in to the web site. Maybe the connection is down between Quicken and Amex?
  • frekwentflier
    frekwentflier Member ✭✭
    I'm getting the same thing on all of my Amex accounts.
  • The OL-294-A error started yesterday.  It looks like American Express had just made some major changes to their website.  I have a strong feeling that this issue is a part of those updates.  Things may be still "in progress".  I would suggest not doing anything and just wait it out, for now.
  • The OL-294-A error started yesterday.  It looks like American Express had just made some major changes to their website.  I have a strong feeling that this issue is a part of those updates.  Things may be still "in progress".  I would suggest not doing anything and just wait it out, for now.

• The OL-294-A error started yesterday.  So it has nothing to do with the program update.  It looks like American Express had just made some major changes to their website.  I have a strong feeling that this issue is a part of those updates.  Things may be still "in progress".  I would suggest not doing anything and just wait it out, for now.
  • GreensboroAlan
    GreensboroAlan Member ✭✭
    Thanks, Damian, will do!
  • Ed V
    Ed V Member ✭✭
    Same Issue, started today for me.
  • Same issue
  • retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
      I NEVER EVER install ANY NEW UPDATE when it first hits... 

• @retird - I don't this this OL-294-A error with American Express has anything to do with the Quicken update this morning. 
  • EllisGJ
    EllisGJ Member ✭✭✭
    Also experiencing OL-294-A error with American Express this morning.
  • bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am on 42.19 and I have been getting the Amex error since last night.
  • Bill44
    Bill44 Member ✭✭✭
    Also experiencing OL-294-A error with American Express this morning. 

Member since 1984. 
    Quicken Premier.
  • retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    This Critical Update Popup says, in part, that my Bank or Brokerage Account will no longer download. My Accounts (Schwab) work perfectly so why this update is Critical is beyond me..

• John Willis
    John Willis Member
    edited August 2022
    Anyone else having issues connecting to American Express
  • Bill Byrnes
    Bill Byrnes Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Just started getting an OL-294-A error for my American Express account this morning. Is anyone else seeing this error?

Thanks,

Bill Byrnes
  • Bill Byrnes
    Bill Byrnes Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I just starting having the problem this morning.
  • Steebie
    Steebie Member
    I think it has to do with the new Quicken update where "pending" charges can be added to you downloads for all credit cards and checking
  • retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Looks like they are..... 

• Robert Justl
    Robert Justl Member ✭✭
    Yes. I verified my password, tried to reset the account in Quicken, and went to the American Express website to manually download activity. But the problem persists.
  • retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    YEP....

• I have the same issue.
  • Rollie
    Rollie Member
    I also experiencing the OL-294-A error for American Express after installing the update
This discussion has been closed.