Quicken Deluxe for Mac: HTTP-400 Error when connecting to UBS Financial Services

OldSchoolExec
OldSchoolExec Member ✭✭
I am unable to connect to any of my accounts at UBS Financial Services and receive an HTTP-400 error when trying to sync. Is anyone else having this issue?

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

This is a known issue that has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• I have been having the same issue for a couple of days now.
  • Same problem.
  • RioBlanco
    RioBlanco Member ✭✭✭
    Agree, this connection no longer functions. I noticed that Quicken is now asking for a UBS Assigned Pin, instead of a password. Nothing about this on the UBS website. Interestingly, I can sign into UBS Bank (with my user name and password) but it will only allow simple (positions) info and not Detailed (positions and transactions).
  • vjkane
    vjkane Member
    I have exactly the same problem. I can sign into my UBS account online. This problem just started recently, been using it for years w/ my UBS accounts.
  • Hello All, 

Thank you for joining this thread to share that you are also experiencing this issue with your UBS Financial Services account(s). 

If you don’t mind, could you please provide a screenshot of the error message you described receiving? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.  

I am looking forward to hearing your responses!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Here is a screen shot of the error message when attempting to sync to UBS.
  • Same issue started 3 days ago, contacted UBS, they checked my setup, no issue. My online UBS access is fine. I've also used Quicken access to UBS on both PC and MAC versions for many years. As noted above, setting up a new account with UBS Online Services requests UserID and Password, locates my accounts, but only offers Simple Tracking, which doesn't work for me. In Quicken, I also noticed in both Reset and Add New Accounts to UBS Financial Services, Quicken is asking for UserID and UBS Assigned PIN. UBS told me they don't assign PIN's for Quicken access and have no idea why this changed. This appears to be a new Quicken bug.
  • Here is a screen shot of the error message when attempting to add a new account from UBS.
  • Here's what I'm getting
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

This is a known issue that has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• This issue has been escalated to the platform team at UBS.
  • This appears to have been resolved, at least for my downloads.
  • I am now able to sync my UBS accounts. I was required to reset my UBS password via the UBS website. After that, I had to reset the quicken account connection with the new password. Upon doing so, account connection/sync was successful. It would be great to get feedback from either Quicken or UBS as to what caused this issue is the first place and what will be done in the future to prevent it from happening again.
  • RioBlanco
    RioBlanco Member ✭✭✭
    Resolved. Had to renter username and password (where it asks for UBS Pin, and connected. Thanks for the timely fix
  • bpooljr
    bpooljr Member ✭✭✭
    This issues HAS NOT BEEN RESOLVED. All my UBS accounts do not connect, and download any transactions since Monday. I have logged into my UBS accounts via the web, checked log in ID and Password. Updated the connections in Quicken and they are still failing to synchronize. Can we have a Senior Quicken engineer provide a response as it may be working fro @RioBlanco however it is not for me.
  • RioBlanco
    RioBlanco Member ✭✭✭
    I may have spoken too soon. While I am connected (according to quicken) my account did not synch a recent dividend income transaction from 9/26. I have entered it manually and will keep an eye on this but I am concerned the fix (being connected) may not be complete
  • bpooljr
    bpooljr Member ✭✭✭
    Quicken Support why are you not addresssing this issue. @Quicken Anja please update this ASAP.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    bpooljr said:
    Quicken Support why are you not addressing this issue.
    Because this site is not Quicken Support. And the Alert message says they are addressing it; it's just not resolved yet.

The moderators here typically have no more information than the generic Alert message that says they are aware of the issue and are are working on it. They don't get details from Intuit (their connectivity provider) about the nature of the issue and what Intuit, the financial institution or both are working on to get it resolved.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • RioBlanco
    RioBlanco Member ✭✭✭
    Unfortunately, I can confirm this morning that while I appear to have UBS financial connected, it is not synching transactions
  • RioBlanco
    RioBlanco Member ✭✭✭
    Well, I "Reset Connection" this am (user name and password, where it asks for Pin) after it wasn't synching, and behold it is now correctly synching. Odd?
  • RioBlanco
    RioBlanco Member ✭✭✭
    In thinking about why my connection appears to be working and others cannot get it to connect, the one thing I did a couple of days ago when trying to troubleshoot the loss of connection was go to UBS Financial website, and went to the Gear Icon (top of page) /Services and Features/ Financial software Download (OFX) and reentered my password and request for Online Services. It states it will becomes effective the next day. Don't know if this has anything to day with my apparent success, but thought I'd throw it out there.
  • bpooljr
    bpooljr Member ✭✭✭
    @RioBlanco I have tried all of what you have done above, and it is still not working. This account I use for business, so it has now been over a week and none of my daily transactions are downloading, i am doing it all manually. Quicken right now has to address this asap.
  • jacobs
    edited October 2022
    @bpooljr As I noted above, this forum is not Quicken Support, and posting here that Quicken needs to take action will not, in fact, result in action. Since you have an immediate need for help, you'd probably be best served if you called them after the weekend. By sharing your screen or looking at your log files, they can sometimes find ways to get users un-stuck. Of course, if it's an outage on the financial institution end, there's nothing Quicken can do until the financial institution completes their changes and re-enables connectivity. But Support may be able to tell you if the problem you are experiencing is a known issue they are waiting for Intuit and/or UBS to resolve.
  • bpooljr
    bpooljr Member ✭✭✭
    @jacobs I have done all of that and quicken has not fixed the issue. Please understand I have been using Quicken for Mac for over 20 years, and the issue is the speed in which they address and resolve issues. The point is clear this was working fine on Sept 22, and since that Monday it has not. Logging into UBS Online Services works fine via a browser, all my log in credentials match exactly, yet Quicken does NOT connect. This forum is to engage the community to encourage Quicken Support to RESOLVE KNOWN issues that we pay them to do.
  • jacobs
    So you have talked to Quicken Support, and you have an acknowledgement from a moderator here that this is a known issue, right? At this point, unfortunately, you can only sit and wait.

I'd completely disagree with your assertion that the purpose of this forum "is to engage the community to encourage Quicken Support to resolve known issues." First, Quicken Support actually doesn't fix issues; they report issues to the internal Quicken development teams or, in the case of connectivity issues, to Intuit's OFX team, which is Quicken's contracted connectivity provider. Second, posting here does not get Intuit to move any faster. If the issue involves the financial institution's back-end servers, then Intuit is often waiting for them to complete their maintenance or upgrade to be able to restore connectivity.

You also made a point that you can log into UBS yourself, but Quicken does not connect using the same credentials. The thing to understand is that the consumer-facing website you log into is, in many case, a different server than where Quicken connects for downloading information. It's not at all unusual for a financial institution's consumer website to be operational while their server for third-party application connectivity is offline, blocking connections, or throttling connections to reduce server load. 

Some of these connectivity disruptions are fixed within days, while others take weeks or longer. And in almost all cases, it's out of Quicken's hands, depending on Intuit and the financial institution to restore operation.

You might want to contact UBS Financial Services and try to get to a second-tier support representative who might have actual knowledge about this outage, as they might be able to give you a timeframe for when UBS expects their maintenance/changes to be complete and back online. 
  • OldSchoolExec
    OldSchoolExec Member ✭✭
    @bpooljr I agree that the lack of communications from both UBS and Quicken is extremely frustrating. I am still waiting for feedback from UBS as to what caused this issue (my accounts are now syncing properly). If you are still having issues, I would also recommend you rely on Quicken Support vs. this thread to drive a resolution.

I would also recommend you launch a new (from start) test instance (File>New) of Quicken and see if you can connect to one UBS account. If that works than you know your issue is not with UBS. If it doesn't, then you should be able to eliminate your "production" Quicken as being the culprit and provide another data point for Quicken/UBS to help you figure out the problem.

Let us know if you have any luck with the "connect to one UBS account" approach.
  • bpooljr
    bpooljr Member ✭✭✭
    @OldSchoolExec I have been a quicken user for over 20 years. I have done all the trouble shooting steps you have mentioned already. All are failing to connect to UBS Online services. This is a Quicken issue and this forum needs to inform the community that Quicken is NOT resolving the connections.

I have created new accounts, double checked my UBS online ID and paswords, I have created new ID and passwords, I have updated all my connections in Quicken, and all consistently fail to connect. This is unacceptable and has been going on for over 2 weeks, and I have Quicken and UBS tickets open on the issues.

Again this community needs to inform others and have Quicken support and management address the issues.
This discussion has been closed.