Trying to change email

Options
I have submitted the required forms to update/change my email address, (and login ID I guess since they are currently the same). I have since talked to a support person on the phone and was told it would take 24-48 hours to take affect.

Well, it's been a week now, and my new email/login still does not work. I still can only login with the old email! What a hassle!

Why does my login ID have to be my email address in the first place?
Any suggestions?

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    I'm not sure what the "required forms" are that you are referring to.  But if you want to change the email used for your QuickenID you can do that yourself by logging into your online Quicken.com account.  Click on Sign In & Security and you can then select to change your email address, phone number, PW and the method for how to receive security codes.
    As far as why Quicken requires an email address for the QuickenID:  Your guess is as good as mine but it is a very common requirement of businesses to require users to enter their email address for their UserID.  That is surprising to you?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Probably so that you can't give them a bogus address.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    splasher said:

Probably so that you can't give them a bogus address.

I can think of two more reasons.
    1. Ensures that there aren't any duplicate usernames.
    2. Ensures that they have your email address so that they can send you notices
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Ken267
    Ken267 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I did try to do the change through 'sign in and security" as you suggested. And to change the email, I had to send a photo of my driver's license to prove who I am to get authorization. That's the process I went through, and it still isn't changed!
  • Boatnmaniac
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Ken267 said:
    I did try to do the change through 'sign in and security" as you suggested. And to change the email, I had to send a photo of my driver's license to prove who I am to get authorization. That's the process I went through, and it still isn't changed!
    I just went in and changed my email address without issue.  It simply asked me what my new email address is and what my current PW is.  The Quicken dialog said it would send me a security code so I could verify that it is really me who requested the email change and asked me how I wanted to receive that code (email, text or phone call).  I selected text and got the code a few seconds later, entered the code and that was it.  My email address was changed on the spot.
    You were not given the same option for receiving the security code?  If not, do you have your phone number listed in your Quicken profile?  If you don't have it listed in your Quicken profile then that might be why you were requested to send a photo of your driver's license.

• Ken267
    Ken267 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I just tried again. SMS message was selected, and all I get is "PLEASE TRY AGAIN" if you have problem contact us.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If you haven't done so already, I'd say it's time to call Quicken Support on the phone and request help.  Let them do a screen share session with you to review the situation on your computer, to determine the nature of the problem and to figure out how to fix it.

Quicken Support:

• Boatnmaniac
    Options
    Ken267 said:
    I just tried again. SMS message was selected, and all I get is "PLEASE TRY AGAIN" if you have problem contact us.
    Perhaps there is something in your profile that is causing the problem.  You might want to check to confirm that your phone number is entered correctly (i.e., no numbers inverted).  Also, did you try changing the method for obtaining the security code to Phone Call and Email?  (If you select Email the code should be sent to your old email address, not your new one.)
    If none of these security code options works, then the only thing I think you can do is to do as @UKR suggested...contact Quicken Support.  I know you did that previously and which didn't result in getting the email address updated but if there is an issue with how your Quicken.com profile then they would need to fix it since this forum is mostly users like you and me and we cannot do that.

• Ken267
    Ken267 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Problem solved!
    Spent many minutes on the phone with support and had to, again, submit a change request with ID.
    I've been a Quicken user for over 20 years and have had many different emails over that time. It seems to have been some issue with one of my old email addresses that prevented my change requests from going through.
    All's fine now. Thank you support!