Ongoing Chase Problems

Options
I have decades of happily using Quicken for my Chase checking account. This is seemingly no longer possible. Are there other banks out there that work like Chase used to?

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @Lguttmacher,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing issues with your Chase accounts. 

Could you please provide more details regarding the issues that you are experiencing? Are you receiving error codes or messages? Are you having issues with downloading transactions? Are you having trouble linking your accounts to existing accounts or with the reauthorization process? 

I look forward to your response so I may further assist you!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Lguttmacher
    Lguttmacher Member ✭✭
    Options
    I can't seem to send checks as I did in the past. The account does not reconcile as it should. Things seem to show up sporadically.
  • KOHO
    KOHO Member
    Options
    Since my Chase switch over last month my updates work fine BUT will NOT bring the bills I pay within the chase App into the Quicken update. Quicken will only recognize bills on the day they are paid or when a new deposit is made. Please advise since this has worked perfectly since 1990 but no longer does! I may not need Quicken any longer if I cannot resolve.
  • Inman Lanier
    Inman Lanier Member ✭✭
    Options
    I'm in exactly the same boat - tired of the pain to switch to Bill Manager and the EWC+ issues. Anyone found a Direct Connect bank that's not changing?
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm in exactly the same boat - tired of the pain to switch to Bill Manager and the EWC+ issues. Anyone found a Direct Connect bank that's not changing?
    The problem is in "not changing".  As of now Quicken Inc has told us that there are several financial institutions that are going to change from Direct Connect to Express Web Connect + but have refused to post any information on which financial institutions they are.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Lguttmacher
    Lguttmacher Member ✭✭
    Options
    Quicken Jasmine--you asked what my problem is. My chief is my inability to pay bills through my Chase account via Quicken. There is no longer a send button. I thought that as a premier customer that I had a limited number (I believe it was ten a month) where I could do this, but I cannot find a means for doing so. Am I missing something obvious? If not, what bank will allow me to use Quicken as I did in the past?
  • Dennis Mc
    Dennis Mc Member ✭✭
    Options
    If I sign out/in of Quicken, Chase will again DL my CC transactions, but I must do so weekly.
  • karlmcg
    karlmcg Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    I have been a Quicken user for decades. [Removed - Rant/Speculation/Disruptive]

• gnslinger
    gnslinger Member
    Options
    Quicken needs to compensate it's subscribers. If I can't download my transaction I sure don't need this software
  • JHef0331
    JHef0331 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Or fall back to the old way so we can at least function. I now have 3 accounts that haven't been updated since the first part of September. But I agree, it is useless the way it is, NOT WHAT I PAY FOR.
  • feitke
    feitke Member ✭✭
    Options
    @Quicken Anja
    Download from Chase, the largest bank in US, has not been working since September 17 with no ETA to fix it, see https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20309128#Comment_20309128.

Are there any plans to at least extend subscriptions for 2 additional months to reflect the time that the software has not been functioning as advertised?

Marketing for Quicken Premiere at https://www.quicken.com/personal-finance/quicken-premier-windows states:
    Keep your accounts up to date automatically
    Update all your accounts at once with just one click, including real-estate market values from Zillow. Quicken automatically categorizes each transaction, including built-in tax-related categories. You can always create, edit, or delete categories or even add your own categorization rules.

I believe marketing functionality and not actually providing it is known as false advertising. Is the Quicken legal department aware that download from Chase no longer works and the risk of litigation that Quicken has because of this?
  • jmattioni
    Options
    Quicken goes through the motions of downloading Chase transactions, but ultimately downloads a small sampling of the transactions or nothing at all. I've had to manually enter the transactions for at a month now.
  • Lguttmacher
    Lguttmacher Member ✭✭
    Options
    So, this is no longer tenable. I have two choices: a different bank or abandon Quicken. Does anyone have recent experiencve with a bank where Quicken works?
  • Don Records
    Options
    Like the rest of you here, I have been completely frustrated with this issue. When I called the bank, they said it was Quicken. When I called Quicken, I was not able to reach them. Almost half of my date is not updating. My deposits show in my bank but are not transferring by way of Quicken. If I manually add them to quicken, the account reconciles - however, this defeats the purpose.

Fortunately, my Quick Books files still work so my business account is OK. I may simply move my quicken to Quick Books.
  • Don Records
    Options
    Reading this got me thinking. First, all of the comments have been very helpful.

My person and business accounts are with Chase. Business is set up with Quick Books and personal with Quicken. I also have accounts with Ally. My accounts with Ally are working perfectly with Quicken and my Chase business account works well with QuickBooks.

Just looked at Ally and I think I can move my Chase personal account to Ally. Looks like I can set up accounts and pay bills the same was as I do with Chase. Can have all of my direct deposits go into my Ally checking account - plus, this account earns interest.

So, here is my plan. I will visit my chase bank today and let them know there is a real issue. Next, I will move some money into my Ally checking. When I pay bills, I will one by one start to use Ally. Since none of my payments are on auto pay, this should not be an issue. Once I see that this is working, I will then redirect mt deposits from Chase to Ally.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Reading this got me thinking. First, all of the comments have been very helpful.

My person and business accounts are with Chase. Business is set up with Quick Books and personal with Quicken. I also have accounts with Ally. My accounts with Ally are working perfectly with Quicken and my Chase business account works well with QuickBooks.

Just looked at Ally and I think I can move my Chase personal account to Ally. Looks like I can set up accounts and pay bills the same was as I do with Chase. Can have all of my direct deposits go into my Ally checking account - plus, this account earns interest.

So, here is my plan. I will visit my chase bank today and let them know there is a real issue. Next, I will move some money into my Ally checking. When I pay bills, I will one by one start to use Ally. Since none of my payments are on auto pay, this should not be an issue. Once I see that this is working, I will then redirect mt deposits from Chase to Ally.
    This doesn't seem to address the same concern as what this thread is talking about.  That is the dropping of Chase dropping Direct Connect in favor of Express Web Connect + and losing bill pay through Direct Connect/Chase's bill payment system and the syncing back of that information to Quicken.

Ally only supports Express Web Connect, and as such it can't support "bank bill pay".  One would still have to schedule the payment on the Ally website/Mobile App and the transactions would download when they clear the financial institution.

Now if you are talking about the fact that some people are not getting any transactions downloaded after the Chase conversion to Express Web Connect + that is a different issue.
    Signature:
  • Lguttmacher
    Lguttmacher Member ✭✭
    Options
    OFr me its all of the above. Transactions at the bank are not downloading to Quicken. I can't use Bill Pay. Basically the two institutions, Quicken and Chase, do not seem to be communicating at all.
  • vandave
    vandave Member
    Options
    When Quicken moved to a subscription model, I thought that would give them the revenue to improve quality of engineering and support. Now I'm paying monthly for a product that functions worse than it did before the subscription. I have 3 accounts at BECU, and Direct Connect was broken for 4 months there. Just got it fixed last week, and now Chase is broken. In both cases no information was ever provided from Quicken engineering as to the details of the issue and a timeline to resolve.
  • Don Records
    Options
    Chris_QPW - this is exactly what I am talking about. The transactions are not moving into Quicken. Example, the other day, I had a direct deposit; it shows in my online Chase. That deposit is not transferred to my Quicken account.

I believe I can pay my bills directly from Ally. Then when I download my Ally account to Quicken, I have to believe that any checks paid would show. This should be no different than when I transfer funds from my Ally checking to my Ally savings.
  • zimal2
    zimal2 Member
    Options
    I am unable to download transactions from Chase or Wells Fargo with Home and Business. Last download was 10/19/22. Just need to get and accept the transactions for tax purposes, and nothing happens when I click on "Downloaded transactions"to initiate the process. Chase accounts are Express Web Connect; WF are Direct Connect and all worked fine before the Chase "Fix." Now both are broken. Hope to get it fixed, finish out the year and figure out how to migrate all transactions and history to someplace else.
  • JHef0331
    JHef0331 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Just received "problem resolved" message. I ran an update and many Chase, AmEx, and Bank of America transactions were downloaded back to August. Haven't reconciled them yet, but at least I have transactions downloading.
  • Romeovoiyd
    Options
    Quicken has so many issues. The current one, being unable to d'load transactions from Chase, is just the most current (and serious) issue. Not sure why I pay an annual fee to be able to d'load transactions when I can't do it. Like someone else mentioned here, Quicken should be compensating users for the duration that Quicken takes to correct this issue. At this point, when my subscription is set to renew in January 2023, I may just have to forego renewal.
    PS. I miss Microsoft Money!
  • Don Records
    Options
    Looks like it is getting a little better. On my accounts - checking and savings, all of the transactions are coming across and I can now reconcile them. On one of my credit cards, it used to be that the charges were coming across however, the payments were not. On that card, this appears to be fixed and all is working. On the other card, still says the last download was back on 11/8. Balance shows 0 and it actually is 0 - however, this is because I have made all of the payments. The transactions (charges and payments) are not recorded.
  • Lguttmacher
    Lguttmacher Member ✭✭
    Options
    Anyone else OK? I'm still unable to download my checking account.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Anyone else OK? I'm still unable to download my checking account.

Mine is working fine. 1 Checking account, 2 credit cards, 3investment account for me (one joint), and 2 with a different login for my wife.

Here is a thread on my experiences with this:
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20312605/#Comment_20312605
    Signature:
  • jonathan.morgan
    Options
    The balance on my chase checking account still includes pending transactions, I have to go in and manually enter them to get it all to reconcile when I have pending transactions.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The balance on my chase checking account still includes pending transactions, I have to go in and manually enter them to get it all to reconcile when I have pending transactions.
    The pending transactions being in the online balance for checking accounts seems now only be on the weekends and holidays.
    Signature:
  • Don Records
    Options
    For the last few weeks, all has been working OK. Even, my credit card balances are coming across
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    For the last few weeks, all has been working OK. Even, my credit card balances are coming across
    For whatever reason, it only seems to be the checking account that has the pending transactions in the online balance on the weekends and holidays problem.
    Signature:
  • Lguttmacher
    Lguttmacher Member ✭✭
    Options
    All I use it for is my checking account and I am still at ground zero with no transactions being downloaded.
This discussion has been closed.