Quicken not fixing long running issues

Options
denmarfl
denmarfl Member ✭✭✭✭
Before is a copied/pasted response to a Quicken software issue reported in 2020....Quicken Screen goes entirly Black during One Step Update.

really, I understand Low priority but 1 1/2 years or maybe lomger....this is not Low prioity, this is FORGOTTEN.  There are other issues like this Black Screen when running OSU...that Quicken has simply ignored yet they introduce new Features that have made the software SLOWER and less reliable.  My Quicken Software at times just flashes, its slow.  Quicken...stop adding wasted new features and work on getting the software to run without all the Glitches.   

Quicken_Tyka 
Alumni ✭✭✭✭
February 2021 Answer ✓
Hello all,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

This behavior has been reported and is currently being worked on. If you have not done so already, please open Quicken and navigate to Help > Report to report this issue.

Please include "QWIN-14876" in the subject as well as a sanitized data file if you are comfortable doing so.

Thank you,
-Quicken Tyka

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @denmarfl,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

To start with, I suggest that you please try validating and/or super validating your data file. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate
    1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:
    1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2022
    Options
    denmarfl said:
    really, I understand Low priority but 1 1/2 years or maybe lomger....this is not Low prioity, this is FORGOTTEN.  There are other issues like this Black Screen when running OSU...that Quicken has simply ignored yet they introduce new Features that have made the software SLOWER and less reliable.  My Quicken Software at times just flashes, its slow.  Quicken...stop adding wasted new features and work on getting the software to run without all the Glitches.   
    I think you have the wrong impression of what is going on here.

There are several long-term bugs that people think must be a low priority or forgotten because they haven't been fixed.  Sometimes that is true if they really are minor, but for ones like "black screen during One Step Update", "opening balance changed", "budget removed", ...

The real story is more likely "Handed to the developer.  Developer tries to reproduce and can't.  Stop.  Go on to next problem."

And I will note that I think I might have seen the "black screen during One Step Update" years ago but haven't seen since then.  And I haven't seen the other bugs I mentioned at all.  This can be attributed to the data file, how one uses Quicken, their machine setup, ...
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Also, "not fixed" doesn't mean "not being worked on".  It could well mean that the cause hasn't yet been identified, so they haven't identified WHAT to fix.
    Q's code is old and convoluted ... I've worked on code like that and in one instance it took me 3 years to figure out where the problem originated ... and I'm a member of Mensa.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• denmarfl
    denmarfl Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Last week BofA EWC+ connection...failed.  As a result of that and speaking with a Quicken support agent by Phone 11/16/22, in order to attempt to connect with BofA the Quicken Agent walked me thru the exact same steps you have outlined.  Not only did those steps not sucessfully fix the BofA EWC+ connection....which was Finally fixed 11/18/22...the BLACK screen when connecting still continues, it happened today as I perform a OSU and annoy me greatly.   It about having reported this issue 4 or 5 times using the Report a Problem from within Quicken, its about the response I copied/pasted above where this issue was acknowledged as Known and REPORTED..and now at least 1 1/2 years Later....Quicken has not FIXED this issue.  And, over this same 1 1/2 years...Quicken as added new Features, to my liking most if not all I do not use, and yet this Connection/Black Screen flashing...has yet to be resolved.  There are other issues ...operational issues that need to be addressed...now stop / prevent the use of Quicken so Quicken has chosen to ignore these annoying issues.  Quicken is losing Long time loyal customers....my request to Quicekn is STOP...STOP...coming up with New adds On (which have only tended to SLOW down Quicken) and get back to the Basics...and FIX LONG overdue operational Issues.  These issues are the running issues that will lead me to not Renew Quicken...because Quicken is not listening/hearing what Long term loyal customers have bee reporting.....  Thank you for your reply  
This discussion has been closed.