Fifth Third update errors

Options

Answers

• mikeInCincy
    Options
    After my 50 minute troubleshooting call with Support on Feb 10, none of my downloads work now.

Support's suggestion to call 5/3 did no good either. They are not taking responsibility.

Can Anja provide an update on the Community Alert page even if nothing has changed? We last heard from her on 2/1.
  • Jae Wahl
    Jae Wahl Member
    Options
    I began experiencing the 5/3 Bank connection issue yesterday after the R47.15 upgrade was installed: OL-332-A. Confirmed my login credentials where correct. The infrequency of substantive updates from Quicken is very frustrating and disappointing.
  • schmidtz
    schmidtz Member ✭✭
    Options
    Same here. Can not connect from 5/3 still.... as of 2/12/23. (Lima, Ohio area).
  • Bob Slimmer
    Options
    Any idea when this is going to get fixed? It looks like the last updates broke a LOT of connectivity, but the one that matters to me if Fifth / Third. It been broken for a couple of weeks now, and no updates and no progress.
  • catdrich
    catdrich Member
    Options
    Same here. The last update broke my 5/3 connection.
  • kschreffler
    kschreffler Member ✭✭
    Options
    Strange, 5/3 for me was broken before I took any updates.
  • Anthony Sarni
    Options
    For what it's worth, I talked to Fifth Third support. Suggestion was to change login password so that it contained a special character. I did this & I was still having trouble. Then I clicked on each of my Fifth Third accounts in Quicken & deactivated online services. Then went back & reactivated using my checking account. Now all seems to be working OK. Hope this helps someone.
  • Hadit
    Hadit Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @Anthony Sarni said:
    > For what it's worth, I talked to Fifth Third support. Suggestion was to change login password so that it contained a special character. I did this & I was still having trouble. Then I clicked on each of my Fifth Third accounts in Quicken & deactivated online services. Then went back & reactivated using my checking account. Now all seems to be working OK. Hope this helps someone.

I'm Happy this worked for you Anthony, please keep us posted and let us know if the fix sticks. It didn't work for me, In fact once I deactivated Online Services I could not re-connect. Fortunately I did a backup before disconnecting!
  • John N S
    John N S Member ✭✭
    Options
    the problem is still here, when will it be fixed?
  • sjlorenz
    sjlorenz Member ✭✭
    Options
    Same problems here, and its been going on over a week for me. Instead of pointing fingers, Quicken needs to take charge, find a resolution, and implement a fix to their problem. This is very frustrating.
  • Yoman
    Yoman Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @Anthony Sarni said:
    > For what it's worth, I talked to Fifth Third support. Suggestion was to change login password so that it contained a special character. I did this & I was still having trouble. Then I clicked on each of my Fifth Third accounts in Quicken & deactivated online services. Then went back & reactivated using my checking account. Now all seems to be working OK. Hope this helps someone.

Thanks, Anthony.
    Sadly, this did not work for me (adding a special character). I cannot reactivate my account. So frustrating. Glad it worked for you.
  • pappas.me
    Options
    Been having this issue with Fifth Third as well. All other accounts working great.
  • Joe25
    Joe25 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    The deactivation did not work for me either and my password already has a special character(s).  Still occurring and I will be curious @AnthonySarni indicates continued success with downloads.
  • mkmcdonel
    Options
    I've not been able to connect for over a month now. Quicken to Fifth Third Bank. My password works when I log into 53 directly, but not via quicken. I tried the quicken deactivate/ reactivate steps - didn't work. I cannot even resetup my account now since the login connection isn't working.
  • senesacs
    senesacs Member
    Options
    Same issue.
  • WRF
    WRF Member ✭✭
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Unable to connect from Quicken to my Fifth Third bank accounts since Feb 3, 2023. I get error OL-332-A. It suggests my User ID or password is incorrect, but they are correct.
  • LJKRIST
    LJKRIST Member
    Options
    This is unacceptable customer support. Both Fifth Third and Quicken need to get their act together. This has been an on again and off again problem for a few years now. Works for a while, then quits. Fix it or issue your customers a refund or credit for the time it took to fix it as we are not getting the usage we paid for.
  • ddashorn
    ddashorn Member ✭✭
    Options
    Same problem here. This is about the 4th time in the last two years I have experienced it. I agree - Quicken and Fifth Third need to get their act together and fix this issue permanently. If not, I will leave both of them.
  • ddashorn
    ddashorn Member ✭✭
    Options
    P.S. I did the export from Fifth Third the last time I experienced this problem. The export worked fine, but when the download issue finally was corrected and I used Quicken to download my Fifth Third accounts, it downloaded many of the transactions again that I had exported. I had to go through them manually to delete the duplicates. It was a real pain.
  • gcfurlong
    Options
    Same issue here too. Haven't been able to update for a couple of weeks now. Password works when I log into their website.
  • bhuffer65
    Options
    Why has this gone on for so long?
  • QuickUser1998
    Options
    2/13/23 - Unable to communicate between Fifth Third Bank and any of my 4 different bank accounts with them. This has been going on for 2 to 3 weeks. I have called and spoken to Quicken...they say it is a 5/3 problem. When I call 5/3...they say call its a Quicken problem. I also use Quickbooks for other accounts. Same problem. Something has to change REAL soon.
  • GregBA
    GregBA Unconfirmed, Member
    Options
    I have not been able to sync with my Fifth Third Account since Jan 27. OL-332-A error
  • bakerlou
    bakerlou Member
    Options
    I am having the same issue. Why hasn't it been resolved. It seems no one cares as it has been well over a week.
  • Allanfug_xtra
    Options
    I frankly don't know if it is a 5th/3rd mistake, or quicken, but in any event the connection between quicken and this bank is too fragile. This makes at least the 4th time the connection between Quicken and 5th/3rd has been broken in the last year. It usually takes a week to fix, and this time more than a week. Not only does this need to get fixed now, but there needs to be a conversation between the two to find out what is breaking down and put is some checks to make sure this stops happening.
  • rrlcommish1968
    rrlcommish1968 Member ✭✭
    edited February 2023
    Options
    [Removed - Off Topic]
  • Okayish
    Okayish Member ✭✭
    Options
    Me too... But I'm not going to be able to add any more info to the multitude of complaints here though, other than. I'm NOT going to be exporting from 5/3 and importing into Quicken....
  • kschreffler
    kschreffler Member ✭✭
    edited February 2023
    Options
    @Okayish Me neither. Luckily, we rarely use our 5/3 checking and savings accounts, so we will be patient and wait for it to be fixed. Crazy that the problem has been going on so long. [Removed - Violation of Community Guidelines]
  • REvelyn01
    REvelyn01 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Any update on this issue ?  I am still having the issue ..
This discussion has been closed.