Fifth Third update errors

Options

Answers

• Quicken Janean
    Quicken Janean Moderator admin
    Options
    Hi There, If you have not already, please try again and let me know if you are still experiencing issue with your accounts. This should be resolved. Thank you. 

-Quicken Janean

Quicken Janean

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• geo791
    geo791 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is something I discovered that has caused a glitch with my downloads after I deactivate all my accounts and reactivate them in an attempt to fix the direct connect. I have four accounts, two credit card, one checking, and one savings. When I reactivate and link the accounts I have to check the savings account online settings because it will show "bill pay" as activated. I have to deactivate "bill pay" in that account or I will get a connection error. The only account activated for "bill pay" is the checking account. I have actually found it easier to make payments and transfer directly from the Fifth Third web site.
  • F2jln9
    F2jln9 Member ✭✭
    Options
    As of today 5/3 Bank is again connecting to Quicken. Thank you for your help.
  • twarner1
    twarner1 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I have four Fifth Third accounts (one checking, two savings, and one credit card).  My one step update summary states "3 accounts updated".  When I click on the "3 accounts updated" it shows all my accounts except the checking account.  The checking account is missing.  I went to account details of the checking account and reset the online services of that account.  It asked me what account it wanted it associated with and I chose my Firth Third checking account listed in Quicken.  Another one step update resulted in the same - no checking account listed in the update summary.  None of my saving accounts had any new transactions but still showed up in the summary.  Why not the checking?
  • riessa
    riessa Member ✭✭
    Options
    This has been going on for almost a month now with Fifth Third- and it tends to happen after an update. If there is a team working on this, I should be able to assume it has been fixed, especially as it is the same problem each time. Please correct it ASAP.
  • Kimmers
    Kimmers Member ✭✭
    Options
    as I answered on 2 other threads, Direct connect seems OK now. (I did remove and re-set up my Direct Connect info fresh.)
  • rrlcommish1968
    Options
    Argh! Still doesn't work for me! What all did you guys do to get it to work?
  • rrlcommish1968
    Options
    > @Quicken Janean said:
    > Hi There, If you have not already, please try again and let me know if you are still experiencing issue with your accounts. This should be resolved. Thank you. 
    >
    > -Quicken Janean

STILL does not work!!!
  • Keith Cohick
    Keith Cohick Member ✭✭
    Options
    well my sync just worked after I deactivated and reactivated. Shall see what is does in the morning
  • Bonzo
    Bonzo Member ✭✭
    Options
    It's working again for me. Just make sure to go into the settings for Fifth Third Saving's and make sure that Bank Bill Pay is turned off. OFF for the savings account, NOT the checking account. Or you will still get an error.
  • jaycee786
    jaycee786 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Tuesday, February 14, 2023, still unable to update the download statement from 5/3 Bank into Quicken directly. Also unable to use bill payments to vendors as it does not connect to 5/3 Bank. I have been entering manually at the 5/3 Bank website under Bill Pay so I don't get behind in payments. It is so frustrating that Quicken or 5/3 Bank can not find a solution so we can connect to the bank and pay our bills as we are charged for this service.
  • PirinhaMan
    Options
    Working again for me too. Man, that was PAINFUL!! Sometimes you don't realize how much you depend on all this stuff to work correctly, and when it doesn't, it's almost like losing your wallet or phone. Hopefully it will be a L-O-N-G while before it breaks again.
  • twarner1
    twarner1 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    twarner1 said:
    I have four Fifth Third accounts (one checking, two savings, and one credit card).  My one step update summary states "3 accounts updated".  When I click on the "3 accounts updated" it shows all my accounts except the checking account.  The checking account is missing.  I went to account details of the checking account and reset the online services of that account.  It asked me what account it wanted it associated with and I chose my Firth Third checking account listed in Quicken.  Another one step update resulted in the same - no checking account listed in the update summary.  None of my saving accounts had any new transactions but still showed up in the summary.  Why not the checking?
    I deactivated and re-activated my 5/3 checking and all seems well now.
  • mfarler05
    Options
    Still not updating. No longer gives me an error but it's not downloading any transactions. Ridiculous.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mfarler05 said:
    Still not updating. No longer gives me an error but it's not downloading any transactions. Ridiculous.
    Hello @mfarler05,    

We are sorry that this issue seems to be persisting. Thank you for continuing to talk with us about this here on the Quicken Community.

Unfortunately, given the ongoing nature of this issue, I recommend reaching out to Quicken Support. You can do this with the information provided in this link. They will need to work with you in order to troubleshoot and diagnose this issue in greater detail with the tools and resources available to them, uniquely. I do wish that we could provide more advice from the Quicken Community, but Support's help will be necessary in this situation.

I hope that is helpful, and feel free to reach out with any additional questions or concerns.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • rodneybr
    rodneybr Member ✭✭
    Options
    Warning!!!f This is still Not Functioning correctly! When performing an onestep update with Fifth Third bank Quicken reports that it was successful when indeed nothing was communicated. And yet another issue is that if an attempt is made to update Just Fifth Third a Fill Password prompt is displayed on the update screen. This has been going on for two weeks now! Any Resolution insight? Also, Quickens UI should not miss lead the user by not stating there was an Error with Fifth Third! There could be Legal ramifications for such actions if known!
  • Joe25
    Joe25 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    There is a continuing issue with credit cards.  In particular, a password is requested as noted by previous posters.  In addition, downloads were received when I deactivated and reactivated this account however online reconciliation is still non-functional.  When attempting to download again, it requests the password which will not autofill from vault.  I deactivated all Fifth Third accounts, reactivated and it once again allowed all to link.  Something is still not quite right.
  • grifman
    grifman Unconfirmed, Member ✭✭
    Options
    Checked my connection with 5/3 this morning. Worked for me. Thanks for fixing. Now please just don't break it again.
  • jmurrdog
    jmurrdog Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @Quicken Janean said:
    > Hi There, If you have not already, please try again and let me know if you are still experiencing issue with your accounts. This should be resolved. Thank you. 
    >
    > -Quicken Janean

Yes! Thank you! All my Fifth Third accounts are now working using the "Direct Connect" connection method.
  • jeffreybeach8204
    Options
    Works for me again thank god.
  • nileswaring
    nileswaring Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @Quicken Anja said:
    > Hello All,
    >
    > Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and report your issue here, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.
    >
    > This is a known issue that has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA on resolution at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.
    >
    > We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

This morning 2/16/23 my 5th Third worked. Thank You
  • Jack Bonn
    Jack Bonn Member ✭✭
    Options
    Mine still fails (It's not your fault) at 5:30 AM CT 02/16/2023.
  • cewhitejr
    cewhitejr Member ✭✭
    Options
    This morning the error resolved for me and I was able to connect successfully.
  • Steven S Murphy PE
    Options
    5/3 error resolved for me :) I was able to connect and download transactions successfully without any errors.
  • Joe Banton
    Joe Banton Member ✭✭
    Options
    FYI, Down for maintenance at1800
  • LALawarre
    Options
    After waiting overnight, it did connect yesterday. But it consistently removes some transfers I do between accounts. I have to go looking for past transfers that don't show up.
  • quixter
    quixter Member ✭✭
    Options
    OK so am I the only one that can't update my 5/3 checking account at all now? It doesnt show in my account list for one step update. If I try to update from the account itself the update button is greyed out.
  • Joe25
    Joe25 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Try attempting to deactivate all 53rd accounts.  Then set up only for all your accounts and link accordingly.  Make sure checking is the only with Bill Pay activated. My savings account had it activated by default and I had to deactivate that option.  Then everything worked to download. My only issue now is online reconciliation does not work for the cc.  That is maddening but not associated with this problem I believe.
  • quixter
    quixter Member ✭✭
    Options
    OK deactivated and activated the account. It shows now and connects. What fun
  • russellcdodd
    russellcdodd Member ✭✭
    Options
    I got my Quicken Subscription bill and paid it immediately for FULL services. This Fifth Third issue is over 6 weeks old and I'm not seeing any promissing updates. Fix or refund!
This discussion has been closed.