Fifth Third update errors

Answers

• jkpatten
    jkpatten Unconfirmed, Member ✭✭
    Having the same problem as others with password difficulties. It tells me I'm using the wrong password. I changed it at 5th3rd and in Quicken but it tells me the same thing. Having to go into bank website to update each Quicken transaction manually.
  • dpetroni
    dpetroni Member
    I have viewed several messages from Quicken support, called both support and the 53 bank support. As much as manual inputs could be done, the amount of time as everyone knows can be invasive to some who may have extensive accounting.
    I noticed this issue may be outstanding since 1.18.23 with no correction date noted. When will Quicken / 53 team be able to offer respite?
  • Mumba
    Mumba Member
    There are many struggling with this issue, myself included. I too am one with fairly extensive accounting and multiple 5/3rd accounts.
    Today, I decided to break down and do manual entry as I desire to get my entries properly categorized and tagged before I can't remember what I purchased;) Accounting ease and financial organization is, after all, why most of us are here!
  • TipFCC
    TipFCC Member
    Fifth Third Bank has not been connecting for more than a month. Please get it fixed for heaven's sake.
  • simmy711
    simmy711 Member ✭✭
    edited February 2023
    Got a message today that it has been acknowledged. Message popped-up after attempting another update.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7927896/ongoing-2-1-23-fifth-third-bank-ol-332-a-and-its-not-your-fault-error
  • Hadit
    Hadit Member ✭✭
    edited February 2023
    [Removed - Violation of Community Guidelines]
  • RichardRawlings
    RichardRawlings Member
    edited February 2023
    All of the above problems mentioned and troubleshooting to no avail. [Removed - Off Topic/Rant]
  • gonefishing
    gonefishing Member ✭✭
    > @"Joe Banton" said:
    > I'm getting errors when I try to update my account, No error numbers.

I too, cannot 'direct connect' to Fifth Third Bank. Problem I reported mid January, 2023 - Mac
  • gonefishing
    gonefishing Member ✭✭
    Come on guys - time enough to fix this. What help do you need?
  • Problem started 2/6/23 for 5/3 Bank. Still not working and get error OL-332-A. I use a windows desk top computer.
  • MarkTrue
    MarkTrue Member ✭✭
    Just curious, does Quickbooks have the same problem? If not look there for an answer.
    Are you listening Quicken/Fifth Third.
  • BubbaJunior
    BubbaJunior Unconfirmed, Member
    This is becoming more and more ludicrous. If you guys have to send someone to Cincinnati to straighten it out, PLEASE DO SO!
  • Quicken Janean
    Quicken Janean Moderator admin
    Hi All, We are aware of this issue and have escalated this with our teams. To make this process move as fast as possible, and if you have not already, please submit logs to HELP>Report a Problem. It seems frivolous but it does help. Thank you. 

-Quicken Janean

Quicken Janean

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• DGG
    DGG Member ✭✭
    > @MarkTrue said:
    > Just curious, does Quickbooks have the same problem? If not look there for an answer.
    > Are you listening Quicken/Fifth Third.

Just synced Quickbooks with 5th Third and everything works as it should
  • Brian133
    Brian133 Member ✭✭
    Folks, this just worked for me after not working for 12 days. Note that I had the problem originally, then even though others still had the problem, the sync worked for me for about 10 days before stopping again. I try multiple times a day and the last time, 30 minutes ago, it worked.
  • scottreder
    scottreder Member ✭✭
    Same here - it just worked for me too
  • kschreffler
    kschreffler Member ✭✭
    Worked for me too. Hopefully it stays working....
  • Joe25
    Joe25 Member ✭✭✭
    It shows green with update but still not quite fixed.  I checked on what 53.com showed as pending transactions and online balance and those that should have downloaded have not.  Additionally, if I attempt to update, it opens a window about the password and the ability to use it and update is greyed out and unavailable.  Not yet.
  • Joe25
    Joe25 Member ✭✭✭
    OK. Sorted it out.  Once again, online bill pay was turned off stopping downloads. Once turned on again, it downloaded after going through some compiling.  Now I will work on the last account.
  • geo791
    geo791 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Hurray! Direct connect is now up and running again. I was able to update all of my Fifth Third accounts this morning at 11:30 AM. I believe this connection problem was as much Fifth Third's fault as it was Quicken's. Last night I was not even able to login to my Fifth Third accounts on 53.com. There were many comments regarding not being able to login to Fifth Third, maybe due to attempts to fix the connection issues with Quicken. They really need to work together to resolve these connection issues ASAP. Thanks to the IT teams at Fifth Third and Quicken for fixing the issue, but...we really need quicker responses in hours, not weeks.
  • twarner1
    twarner1 Member ✭✭✭
    I got the green light but my one step update summary shows only 3 of 4 accounts updated.  My main checking account still has not been updated.  I had no new transactions in the three accounts that were "updated".
    I did go into my password vault and add a password that was missing for my Fifth Third "...Banking, credit card, bill payment" entry.  However, that did not make any difference.
  • conover1
    conover1 Member ✭✭
    For first time in over two weeks was able to auto download 5/3 transactions. Was surprised at the end of the process received a message from 5/3 that "some users are reporting errors and some transactions may be incorrect." Over the period when the updates thru Quicken were unavailable I brought in transactions daily through the 5/3 app. So I checked all my 5/3 accounts in Quicken and found zero errors. Hopefully this will bring the incident to a close but there's been other times recently when I thought things were fixed but were not. IMPORTANT: Make a backup of your data before attempting to set-up the auto download so if you have errors you can go back.
  • Joe25
    Joe25 Member ✭✭✭
    Things are still not quite right.  CC giving me the same issue with online reconciliation. Finally downloaded some transactions however I may have to turn off online reconciliation.  See how it goes tomorrow.  Checking was still not downloading all transactions but didn't have the gumption to deactivate reactivate with the warning message for online payments.  May have to go there.  See tomorrow
  • Joe25
    Joe25 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2023
    Ok. What the heck, I deactivated all accounts then reactivated.  Ensured only those accounts with online bill pay were active and the others were not.  Performed and update and got downloads with online reconciliation working for that account. I am not going to temp fate until tomorrow for online reconciliation for the other accounts until I see downloads.  So far, so good. Tomorrow is a new day.
  • The Fifth Third cc-332 error appears to be corrected as the Update worked successfully this morning.
  • Can you provide an update regarding Quicken downloading 5/3 Bank transactions?
  • My 5/3rd is now working, but other credit card accounts were still not working. I signed out of my data file and then signed back in. Everything is OK now.
This discussion has been closed.