Hide/Archive Matured Fixed Income Securities (CDs, Treasuries, Bonds, etc)

MontanaKarl
MontanaKarl Member, Windows Beta, Mac Beta Beta
When entering a Buy or a Sell transaction, Quicken presents a Securities List drop-down that includes every fixed income security every owned which is insane... since matured fixed income securities can neither be bought or sold.  Once matured, they basically do not exist any longer!!  (Other than to show up in reports and historical transactions in the register.)

I have over 100 matured CD's, Treasuries and Bonds that I have to scroll through every time I enter any transaction that involves the Securities drop-down list.  An example is shown below - truncated to just a few matured Treasuries for illustration.  You'll notice that all maturity dates are shown ..and are years ago.

If I open the Securities list to edit any one of these matured fixed income investments ... there is no checkmark or method to mark them as "inactive" or otherwise hide them once they have matured.  (Further, the maturity date is shown there and known to Quicken, so hiding them as inactive / unavailable should simply be automatic.)

Please add your vote and comments :-)

Quicken Windows and Mac subscription • Quicken user since 1990
iMac Pro, macOS Ventura 13.2 • Windows 10 via Parallels Desktop 17
1 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    It's not much of a fix, but as something of a work-around: if you want to take a few minutes to edit the name of each of these securities to have a "z" prefix, then you won't need to see them/scroll through them in the security drop-down menu because they'll be at the bottom of the list. I do this with all my formerly-held securities, until such time as the developers create a way to hide such securities from the list. 

I'll also note that there is a longstanding Idea thread for allowing securities no longer owned to be hidden. And miraculously, this is one of the handful of Ideas marked as "Planned"! That's the good news. The bad news: it was marked as Planned back in August 2020, and it still hasn't been released after nearly 30 months… so who knows when it will actually see the light of day. ;)
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • MontanaKarl
    MontanaKarl Member, Windows Beta, Mac Beta Beta
    edited January 20
    Thanks for finding that thread, @jacobs
    I did search before posting, but didn't find it.  I just hope that 2.5 years later, we'll see this implemented sooner than later...

I do think that there is a subtle difference between that wish and this one in that the fixed income issue raised above isn't just one of 'securities no longer owned' - but things that are still 'ownable'... e.g., I don't own GOOG but I could go buy some.  WIth the fixed income securities... it is impossible to own these things.  They literally no longer exist.
    Quicken Windows and Mac subscription • Quicken user since 1990
    iMac Pro, macOS Ventura 13.2 • Windows 10 via Parallels Desktop 17