Error - You may not transfer money into a read only account
edited March 6 in Download, Add/Update Accounts (Windows)
For the past few month, I've been getting the error "You may not transfer money into a read-only account" when I sync my account to the cloud or when using the one-step update to update my accounts. I am able to manually go to my bank's website and download the updates into my accounts.
Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.
If you haven't already, I suggest you try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in to refresh the registration token for your Online Connected Services. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.
- Navigate to Edit
- Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
- Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
- Follow the prompts to Sign Out
- Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password
I hope this helps!-Quicken Anja0
I tried this and it didn't work. I have even tried adding in a new account and I get the same error.0
What version of Quicken ?Is your subscription current?… Help —> About QuickenQWin Deluxe Subscription - Win100
My subscription is current and using version r46.120
B-ded said:My subscription is current and using version r46.12
What is the feature level (Starter Edition, Deluxe, etc.) and have you recently downgraded your subscription from a higher feature level?
What account type are you trying to work with (Checking, Savings, etc.)?
I'm using "Home, Business and Retail Property". I have not downgraded or changed my subscription. I get this error when I update the saving and checking accounts for my bank. It also has this error for the credit cards. I and able to update the investing accounts.0
Also when I get the error the only way to get the error to go away is to do an end task.0
If you haven't done so already, I'd say it's time to call Quicken Support on the phone and request help. Let them do a screen share session with you to review the situation on your computer, to determine the nature of the problem and to figure out how to fix it.
- To contact Quicken Support,
please use this link only:
https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support and select Chat or Phone support.
- Support is only available during posted hours of operation
- The phone number can be found at the support website.
- To start Chat or see the
support phone number, your browser must allow popup windows from https://www.quicken.com
- If you are eligible for Premium Support (purchased separately or included as part of your subscription to Quicken Premier or HB&R) call the number that can be found at the top of your My Account page at https://www.quicken.com/my-account (US) or https://www.quicken.com/canada/my-account (Canada) when you log in with your Quicken ID. Place the call using the phone whose number is recorded in your account profile.
- Other links or phone numbers found elsewhere on the Internet, even in some posts or emails received from other Community members, may not be from Quicken or may not be up-to-date. Use those at your own risk.
- Unlike other so-called "Quicken support providers", the real Quicken Support is free for all currently supported versions.
- To contact Quicken Support, please use this link only:
It's possible that the message is not an error but accurately reporting an issue. In my case, I was getting this message when I had my "Home Inventory" account selected. When I unselected this account, my issue went away.0
This discussion has been closed.