Error - You may not transfer money into a read only account

For the past few month, I've been getting the error "You may not transfer money into a read-only account" when I sync my account to the cloud or when using the one-step update to update my accounts. I am able to manually go to my bank's website and download the updates into my accounts.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @B-ded,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, I suggest you try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in to refresh the registration token for your Online Connected Services. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.
    1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password
    Once that is done, see if the issue still continues to persist.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• B-ded
    B-ded Member
    I tried this and it didn't work. I have even tried adding in a new account and I get the same error.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What version of Quicken ? 
    Is your subscription current? 
    … Help —> About Quicken

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• B-ded
    B-ded Member
    My subscription is current and using version r46.12
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    B-ded said:
    My subscription is current and using version r46.12
    Thanks for responding.
    More questions:
    What is the feature level (Starter Edition, Deluxe, etc.) and have you recently downgraded your subscription from a higher feature level?
    What account type are you trying to work with (Checking, Savings, etc.)?

• B-ded
    B-ded Member
    I'm using "Home, Business and Retail Property". I have not downgraded or changed my subscription. I get this error when I update the saving and checking accounts for my bank. It also has this error for the credit cards. I and able to update the investing accounts.
  • B-ded
    B-ded Member
    Also when I get the error the only way to get the error to go away is to do an end task.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

If you haven't done so already, I'd say it's time to call Quicken Support on the phone and request help.  Let them do a screen share session with you to review the situation on your computer, to determine the nature of the problem and to figure out how to fix it.

Quicken Support:

• rbdennis138
    rbdennis138 Member ✭✭
    It's possible that the message is not an error but accurately reporting an issue. In my case, I was getting this message when I had my "Home Inventory" account selected. When I unselected this account, my issue went away.
This discussion has been closed.