Fidelity NetBenefits (QWIN)

Options

Answers

• Scott
    Scott Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Yep, still getting OL-220-A on Fidelity NetBenefits. Also updated to Ver R48.15, Build 27.1.48.15 today. Issue persists after this update.

• JoeB22
    JoeB22 Member
    Options

I too am a victum of this error too. I've been unable to connect to my Fidelity account since late February.

• Scott
    Scott Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2023
    Options

Seems I have to correct more problems with this software since they went to an annual plan. After this recent membership purchase I don't see myself doing this again. Too much time correcting problems. Paying to beta test software? I don't think so. We're supposed to get paid to do that. LOL.

• VogueJJ
    VogueJJ Member
    Options

Same problems with connecting to NetBenefits (since 3/3/23). I agree with Scott. Overall product seems to be losing reliability. Connectivity issues, telling me my subscription expired when I just renewed, getting hung up and needing to use Task Manager.

• LQLA
    LQLA Member ✭✭
    Options
    @Scott @VogueJJ

There are alternatives. I'd be more willing to spend time and effort to "translate", "convert" or otherwise import than to suffer with ill performing, bad behaving software [Q - I'm looking at you.]
  • Marshall
    Marshall Member ✭✭
    Options
    I would like to request an extension to my subscription. Just updated (it did not tell me there was an update until I specifically checked for updates in the app). I have been using Quicken Premier for a long time. I too am finding the quality has decreased.
  • Scooter831
    Scooter831 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Please advise what the alternatives are to quicken? Are there any out there that allow you to monitor your assetts and liabilities in similar fashion? Would love to get rid of quicken due to their failure to acknowledge and address this on-going issue
  • Q_user
    Q_user Member ✭✭
    edited March 2023
    Options
    I am seeing the same error as well. It's helpful to know that I am not the only one experiencing this error. It's also helpful to hear the the problem was induced in the Fidelity side of things. Hard to blame Quicken for that. It's good that Fidelity is working to fix it.
  • LQLA
    LQLA Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @Scooter831 said:
    > Please advise what the alternatives are to quicken? Are there any out there that allow you to monitor your assetts and liabilities in similar fashion? Would love to get rid of quicken due to their failure to acknowledge and address this on-going issue

I'd be willing to discuss, but not on this forum. My email is visible in my profile. Or if you have a different environment to further discuss.
  • Pokemon
    Pokemon Member ✭✭
    Options

Fidelity Net Benefits OL-220-A going on for almost 2 weeks and counting…What's the problem, Quicken? Why isn't this resolved yet?

• Pokemon
    Pokemon Member ✭✭
    Options

I've been using Quicken for over 25 years. I don't ever remember a version that was free of major bugs. More rapid decline though in the last few years. Quicken has some serious issues that would easily be fixed by checksums and standard things like that in the programming. I really don't understand why the software is so bad. At this point I'm looking for recommendations on alternate software or online options. I don't see any urgency on Quicken's part to resolve problems. Don't they understand I have bills to pay? Fortunately I did my taxes before the Fidelity Net Benefits OL-220-A thing hit.

• LQLA
    LQLA Member ✭✭
    Options
    @Pokemon see my comment above to @Scooter831
  • technogod99
    technogod99 Member ✭✭
    Options
    It's not just a Quicken problem. Moneydance has the same problem. Moneydance was able to link my Fidelity account. When you download. It says, no new transactions.
  • LQLA
    LQLA Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @technogod99 said:
    > It's not just a Quicken problem. Moneydance has the same problem. Moneydance was able to link my Fidelity account. When you download. It says, no new transactions.

Perhaps it is an intermittent customer issue setup -- ALL of my Fidelity Investment, NetBenefits accounts download - existing transactions, new transactions, balances -- all accurate - double checked with Fidelity web login. Of course I've had MD paid version working without issue on downloads for over 5 years. But even setting up empty accounts and downloading (after selecting the correct account number in setup) pulls the information.

Can't offer much further input. Sorry.
  • LQLA
    LQLA Member ✭✭
    Options
    @technogod99 On brand new, empty setup accounts I had to link, it gives me 0 transactions (because as far as it knows the account was created today). I then reset the sync date, and when selecting download again, it offers me specific dates as far back as mid 2022 to set as the starting point. Not unusual for downloading to be restricted to 12-18 months.
  • LQLA
    LQLA Member ✭✭
    Options
    @technogod99 -- it could also be the missing <SECID> or missing <CUSIP> data in Fid NB accounts. But my brokeragelink account has no securities without CUSIPs and the OFX log from the console window does not display any <SECID> missing responses. All of my NB accounts are BrokerageLink. When I convert 401k to IRA those BrokerageLink securities have to be sold, cash moved to the parent 401k account (at NB), then rolled over to an IRA. So I haven't really been in any of my former companies 401k offerings/funds and just use the 401k as a cash flowthrough vehicle (required by Fed Regs) to rollover to an IRA. Those with more complicated holdings in their 401k may also have missing information causing downloads to be nothing or inaccurate - I've heard both.

I guess we can all hope for Tammy's response from a page or so ago - Fidelity have identified the likely problem and hope to have it rolled back by 9AM EST on 3/22. Here's hoping for success! We've all been waiting too long for this problem to be resolved.

Although I do not have this issue with MD, I do have this problem with my investment tracking software (also not Q), which is why I am so interested in finding the solution to this problem.
  • Smacktow
    Smacktow Member
    Options

Fidelity Net benefity adds a 'cash' data that effectively doubles the value of all retirement accounts. Does anyone have a work around?

• jsc34615
    jsc34615 Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @LQLA said:
    >
    > There are alternatives. I'd be more willing to spend time and effort to "translate", "convert" or otherwise import than to suffer with ill performing, bad behaving software [Q - I'm looking at you.]
    >

Can you please explain again why, as a non Quicken user, you continue to dominate a thread about an issue Quicken users are experiencing?

Personally, I find that there isn’t really an alternative to Q that can cover all that it does. It’s more than investment tracking. I have had very little issues with the app as a whole, and this issue is not really theirs. Do they have an issue with communication and getting the message out in a clear and effective way? Yes, and they could really work on their customer comms, but really, it’s a robust app that is very complex.
  • jdap
    jdap Member ✭✭
    Options
    @Quicken Anja why no update since 3/15? Even if it's just a daily, "As of <day, date>, still working..." that would reassure us that we're not abandoned and forgotten. And if @Tammy Van Buren above can get us what looks like a legit update from Fidelity I would expect Quicken should be able to provide at least *something*. :(
  • KeithAG
    KeithAG Member
    Options

Quicken users cannot effectively contact Fidelity about their patently failed "Data security with third-party websites and apps" rollout - as per: nb.fidelity.com/public/nb/default/resourceslibrary_redesign/articles/datasecurity

• Brian14
    Brian14 Member ✭✭
    Options
    @KeithAG

Correct. Fidelity's perspective "What if I still want an impacted third-party provider to have my data?
    You can manually enter data on the third-party provider's website."

What value do I get from Quicken's subscription when I'm not able download from my institutions? I can continue to use the software and manually enter my data without a subscription. Without the headache of waiting to hear from Quicken.
  • MikeZNC
    MikeZNC Member ✭✭
    Options

This is just another issue with Quicken, of many, over the past few years. It seems to be getting worse rather than better. I have used Quicken for 20+ years and the past year or so has just gotten more and more fustrating. One of my Finanicial Advisors who has been a Quicken user for more years than me told me he has now totally stopped using Quicken! I think maybe he has made the correct decision. I started using Quicken when Microsoft discontinued the old M/S Money program. I sure miss that program, It may not be as fancy as Quicken trys to be, but it always worked!

• T73
    T73 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I just cancelled my renewal.
  • DouglasB
    DouglasB Windows Beta Beta
    Options

Customer Service and Engineering are not always on the same page for a variety of reasons.

• DouglasB
    DouglasB Windows Beta Beta
    Options

Agreed.

Additionally, while I'm annoyed just like everyone else, I'm not seeing how this is an end-of-world problem. Perhaps people are day-trading their retirment accounts, but for me it's simply a few transactions every couple of weeks. So far, I'm just typing them in manually and I'm all good. One day it will be fixed and I can save those 10 minutes.

• DPP28
    DPP28 Member ✭✭
    Options
    DouglasB - suggest you review all your data carefully. One NetBenefits account I have continues to download with a ‘green’ complete dot, however upon more detailed review, it is not updating the price for one of the investments since 3/7. So although by first look, it appears that account is OK, comparison with the details on the Fidelity web site show the Quicken download is not correct (even with the green complete dot). This is of bigger concern as it leaves you questioning and double checking everything that Quicken would show as a complete and good download.
  • Mr. B.
    Mr. B. Member
    Options

I saw the respone from yestyerday stating that Fidelity hoped to have the problem resolved by 9:00 ET today. I just tried (9:30 ET), and I am still getting ther OL220-A error. Chatted with Fidelity, but the technician new nothing other than to point me to this thread. I'm not sure this is a Quicken problem. Working in IT, I understand how third party changes can break software.

I certainly hope they have it resolved soon, it's been happening for a number of weeks now.

• tbrandvold
    tbrandvold Member ✭✭
    Options
    Interesting... In my NetBenefits update today, all but one of my funds updated to yesterday's closing price. They had all been stuck on 3/7. Progress? I'm hopeful.
  • mileska817
    mileska817 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks to Tammy Van Buren for contacting CEO at Fidelity. I had called Fidelity first, and got some obnoxious and non-helpful response that it was a Quicken issue and to contact Quicken. Apparently, Fidelity wasn't acknowledging the issue (which started on March 7th) until recently.
This discussion has been closed.