hundreds/thousands of reminders for manual 'ghost bills' of $0.00, need tool to remove them

Options

No answer on my earlier posts how to delete these ghost bills. I have an issue with manual bill reminders in the "Bill and Income Reminders" which has the following: {status = done}, {Due = None}, {#Left = 0}. in the "action" column, it is indicated as (Auto). the "action" column buttons to "edit" or "skip" do not respond. I have run the "Validate File" and this does not fix the issue. All bill reminders have a $0.00 amount. I can delete the reminders one by one but I have hundreds of them (multiple accounts), so I gave up after 30 minutes doing that. Please advise on how to delete these ghost bill reminders in bulk! Bills are not on reports so I cannot see how much there are or do a 'mass delete' off the report. Looks only solution is to terminate that account, and delete the account (that is not really the solution I think). Several messages here but no answer from Quicken who caused the issue.

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @pbmsmit,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Currently, there is no way to mass delete bill reminders. They can be deleted one at a time, or one series at a time (for recurring bills). Usually, the simplest way to deal with phantom reminders is restoring a backup from before the problem started. I can see in your previous discussion on this topic (linked here for reference), you said that you did restore a backup and the problem came back. You did specifically mention that this issue would return as soon as you connected your Bank of America accounts.

Did it happen when linking to the existing accounts? Did you try adding them as new accounts to see if that made any difference? Did you validate/super validate the restored backup before reconnecting? If so, did it make any difference?

Note: You mentioned support told you to request the new function in the community and wait. That sounds like they were suggesting you submit an idea in the Product Ideas section of the forum. If you would like to do that, you can use this link to get there. You can click here if you need more details on how to create an Idea post.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• pbmsmit
    pbmsmit Member ✭✭
    Options
    Well as said it happened some months ago, and it reoccured after restoring a backup. I don't remember exactly hwne it it happened but I know it happened after 'enhancing the communication' with American Express. I'm almost sure I linked them to existing accounts.
  • Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

Are you able to restore a backup from before the issue started and try adding the accounts as new rather than linking to the existing to see if that does prevent the issue from coming back, or is that too far in the past now for it to be a viable option?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• pbmsmit
    pbmsmit Member ✭✭
    Options
    That is to far in the past (February), and to be honest I spend already so many hours on it, I don't want to spend more on it to solve your problem. just provide me the option to remove those bills.
  • Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your response,

I sent you a private message. Please check your inbox.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• thomas.wagoner
    thomas.wagoner Member ✭✭
    Options
    I had a very similar problem. I first noticed the problem after a validation. Somehow, 3,000-4,000 reminders were generated, all identical with zero amounts. I was able to do a restore to get back before they appeared, but everytime I need to validate they reappeared and everything slows down.. The daunting task of deleting them one by one was not a solution for me. So I used a macro recorder to automate the task. It took more than 12 hours. After that when I validate they don't appear. If anyone wants me to be more specific, I will be glad to go into more detail.
  • Quicken Janean
    Quicken Janean Moderator admin
    Options

Hi @thomas.wagoner , That would be helpful. Can you provide screenshots and upload logs by going to Help>Report a Problem, so I can forward this to the appropriate department to be looked into? Thanks!

Quicken Janean

• pbmsmit
    pbmsmit Member ✭✭
    Options
    @thomas.wagoner This shows, but I already knew it, that there are more users with same issue. Quicken tries to give you the impression that you are the only one and it's not worth fixing it. They made the mess, so they need to fix it. (and in a way that doesn't take 12 hours....). From Eric Dunn's (CEO) email: "We know that having to set up connectivity again can be annoying or frustrating, and we have tried hard to make the changeovers smoother as we gain experience with the new systems. We do think we have gotten better, which is important because we expect more bank migrations in the years ahead. " Hope they fix this problem first before thousand new users will have these ghost bills. Perhaps someone from Quicken can forward this to him.......
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@pbmsmit if you want the message to get to Eric, you'll need to contact him yourself. The mods don't have a conduit to the CEO.

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.