Unable to update billers

Options

Comments

• Quicken Janean
    Quicken Janean Moderator admin
    Options

Once the logs have been submitted, I will be forwarding this issue to be looked into by our development team. I can share the ticket number for reference. I will not be able to share an ETA for when this will be resolved but the issue will be reported.

Quicken Janean

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Quicken Kathryn
    Options

Hello All,

We are looking into this issue—can you also verify the exact path you are taking to refresh your bills? Are you using the circle arrow icon at the top of the Bills & Income>Bills tab, or are you going directly to the dropdown menu on the bill itself and selecting "Refresh Bill"?

We have identified an issue with the Refresh Bill option, and if you are using this process to refresh you bills, please instead try the circle arrow icon if you haven't already. Let us know the results here, so we can send that information to the product team.

Thanks—

Quicken Kathryn
    Community Administrator
  • Rich Burke
    Rich Burke Member ✭✭✭
    Options

If I click the circle arrow I do not get an error. But if I try to click the icon next to a biller i get the error.

• Quicken Kathryn
    Options

@Richard Burke Thank you for confirming—we believe that there is an error with this specific process (clicking the icon next to the biller) that we are investigating. In the meantime, using the refresh icon at the top of the Bills tab should enable you to get around the error until it's resolved.

(QWIN-22078)

Quicken Kathryn
    Community Administrator
  • Rich Burke
    Rich Burke Member ✭✭✭
    Options

@Quicken Kathryn while that process does not produce an error, the billers do not get updated. They all still say "needs attention"

Also, you see 2 paypal billers here. I have tried to remove that first one several times, it says its removed, but it isn't. This online biller feature needs a LOT of work, I hope it is getting the attention it needs.

• Quicken Kathryn
    Options

@Rich Burke Thank you for confirming that—this is a high-priority issue for us, and the produce team is working on it now—there is also a lot of work going into the Bills functionality; it is taking some time, but there is progress, and we hope to have something for folks in the near future 🙂

For this specific issue, would you be able to submit your log files through Quicken? You can just go to Help > Report a Problem and then Send to Quicken. Because you've tried both refresh paths, this could be very helpful for our developers.

Thanks—

Quicken Kathryn
    Community Administrator
  • Rich Burke
    Rich Burke Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Logs have been sent

• stanikawa
    stanikawa Member
    Options

Have the same issue of "Unable to update billers" from several months ago with Wells Fargo Bank. Connected with tier 2 support or what ever you call it. Received email stating this problem is being resolved and will be included in future update. I recently updated to version R50.5 and it did not resolve this issure.

• badagliacca
    badagliacca Member ✭✭
    Options
    As of R50.8 issue still not resolved.
  • Sam
    Sam Member ✭✭
    Options

I have done all of these suggestions twice competely and it does nothing to fix the error code or issue. I have the issue with Nordstrom bank, Cabelas (Capital One) and Amazon (Synchrony). This has been going on for almost a year and I cannot believe that Quicken hasn't had a developer fix this. I know about the Bank of America issue and they are not even listed as a bank to match. This was a BofA issue, not a Quicken issue. I have read too many times over the last year that this is being worked on.

• Robert Ralyea
    Robert Ralyea Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

quicken has many issues across the platform and they are doing a terrible job at informing customers of these issues other than the canned messages apologizing for these issues. I still can’t add accounts. As far as Bank Of America I have asked Quicken to state if BOA is a list cause with no response.

• Rich Burke
    Rich Burke Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Another release just dropped and none of these issues have been addressed yet again.

• Rich Burke
    Rich Burke Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Persistent error

• Robert Ralyea
    Options

we apologize……….

• Kathy P.
    Kathy P. Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Having same issue.

• Robert Ralyea
    Options

I bought Q Primer with a new ID started from scratch and still have this issue. I am not going to renew in August my original subscription and most likely cancel this second subscription in 30 days. I now know for sure these Quicken issues is not my data file.

• CashGrab
    CashGrab Member ✭✭
    Options

Same "Unable to update billers" issue. Quicken is becoming more trouble than it's worth.

• Rich Burke
    Rich Burke Member ✭✭✭
    Options

sadly there are no real competitors that I have found. I just wish they would focus on fixing bugs and put feature development on the backburner for a few months. Its hard to get product owners to agree to that but at some point they will lose market share. And there is an opportunity for some entrepreneur startup to build a real competitor, something to think about :)

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Please try the following advice from another user and see if, after a reboot, it makes a difference:

Actually following the Quicken's OL-297-A troubleshooting,
    open up Control Panel, Network and Internet, Internet Properties, Advanced, restore advanced settings,
    that restored some settings probably was changed inadvertently a couple of days ago.

• Dave_L
    Dave_L Member ✭✭
    Options

I have been experiencing this issue for the last two months. At first it was intermittent, but now it is consistent. I have tried all of the solutions proposed in this article (including the one posted about OL-297) - none have worked. I reported an issue and submitted my logs yesterday hoping it will help investigating. This bug is making my Quicken nearly unusable for my purposes. I hope it is fixed soon.

• Dave_L
    Dave_L Member ✭✭
    Options

Also, I found this item in "known issues" that appears to be tracking the investigation into this issue, which hasn't been updated in a month at this point, unfortunately:

• Rich Burke
    Rich Burke Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Its the standard Quicken response for bugs "We have no ETA for a resolution at this time" - which in the world of software engineering means we are not working on it at this time.

• Robert Ralyea
    Options

@Rich I am afraid Q Engineers have lost track of the issues and are probably trying very hard to get a handle on the issues. Unfortunately this long time user pays for two subscriptions and I have to cancel one for my daughter. I have been with Q since the beginning and for my subscription I will keep it hopefully some day Q will manage the issues better. Q get rid of BILLGO as a starter.

• Rich Burke
    Rich Burke Member ✭✭✭
    Options

That's what product owners and project managers are for, keeping track of work and prioritizing. I have been in the software engineering field for 30+ years and this pattern is very recognizable to me. It is unfortunate because quicken truly was once a great product, I have also been a customer since very early I don't even know how many years but I would guess 25 for sure. The fact is there is not really a competitor in the market, at least not one I have found. I hope someone in a position of leadership will recognize what's happening and change the culture or direction of the company. Stop or slow all feature development and fix what's broken, otherwise more and more people will not renew and gaining new customers will be very difficult.

• Robert Ralyea
    edited July 2023
    Options

leadership is the problem. I was talking to a BOA tech. A possibility of the bank have a check register along with future direct deposits entered so you can see your running balance. If that were the case I would drop Q in a minute.

• Randy 415
    Randy 415 Windows Beta Beta
    Options

Agree. I have just recently started using QBM and have been having tons of issues with it. Reported most of them, but at some point, you are waiting for progress on the list before you keep dumping more issues on them. Hoping for some future major changes in the QBM area. I just want to receive my bills, and then have them automatically pay, and add entries to registers all automatically, once I set them up.

• carlj07
    carlj07 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I recently began having an issue with 'Unable To Update Billers' with my AMEX account in Quicken. This issue became apparent on July 8 after I completed my weekly Quicken One Step Update. Prior to that, I had zero issues between Quicken and AMEX.

After my last Quicken One Step Update on July 8, on the Bills & Income tab, AMEX showed 'Needs Attention'. When I selected Fix It, I would get the same 'Unable To Update Billers' pop-up window which Rich Burke displayed in his posts above (thank you, Rich Burke, for your excellent posts and comments). I made several attempts to 'Fix It' each day since this issue arose, only to get the same 'Unable To Update Billers' message.

Couldn't find any solutions posted anywhere - only complaints from other Quicken users about the same issue, but affecting different accounts (not just AMEX). This led me to conclude that it was a Quicken issue and not an AMEX issue. My particular AMEX issue occurred after the most recent Quicken update to version 50.16, which I installed prior to July 8.

Out of frustration with Quicken and with nothing to lose by trying to fix the issue myself, I tried the following, which appears (for now) to have corrected my issue:

1. From the Quicken Bills & Income tab, click the gear icon at the top right of the tab
    2. From the drop-down menu, select Manage Online Billers
    3. Select the Online Biller with the issue and select Edit Password
    4. Enter your log-on for that biller - no need to change the password, just re-enter whatever you probably entered the first time when everything was working (same User ID, same password, etc.)
    5. After Quicken does its thing to log on to your account, you may get a pop-up window stating the next bill is not yet ready, with the option to Fix It. Click on Fix It and that should clear that issue (it did, surprisingly, for me).

I did the above steps with my AMEX account and that cleared my issue. I no longer show AMEX as 'Needs Attention', etc. AMEX appears normally in the Bills & Income tab as it had previous to this issue. Perhaps it was a coincidence that these steps fixed my issue - it's worth trying. If this issue resurfaces for me over the next few days, I'll post an update here.

• Rich Burke
    Rich Burke Member ✭✭✭
    Options

This does not solve my problem - I did this with all my "Fix It" accounts and while I did not get the "Unable to update billers" message I did get the "Quicken is still connecting, try back in 24 hours" or something along those lines. The feature simply does not work. How it passed QA would be an interesting conversation

• carlj07
    carlj07 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

These issues are very frustrating especially when they appear out of nowhere randomly. At least you got rid of the 'Unable To Update Billers' message, which leads me to believe this issue is related to the login credentials/processes between Quicken and the Biller.

Occasionally I'll get the 'Quicken is still connecting . . . . . . .' message for some reason or other for a particular biller. If 'Fix It' doesn't clear the issue, selecting the 'Update All' icon (directly left of the gear icon) will occasionally clear the issue (about 40% success rate when I've resorted to that). I recall reading in another post in this forum that the Biller 'Update All' process is somehow different than the individual 'Refresh Bill' option (which you can select from the dropdown menu to the right of each biller).

And yes, how do these issues get by Quicken's QA process (is there one)?

• mooredrew
    mooredrew Member
    Options

I was able to do the following work-around to re-establish connectivity with 2 of my troubled accounts (AT&T & Target Red Card).

1. Gear icon > Select "Manage Online Billers".
    2. Locate the troubled Account > Select "Edit Password"
    3. Enter the current login information required by those financial institutions (no passwords had to be changed).
    4. Troubled Online Bills refreshed successfully, as it seemed to have forced a different connection method with those troubled accounts.

This discussion has been closed.