Cannot add Kohls Credit Card

Options
Egor Titov
Egor Titov Member ✭✭

Cannot add Kohls credit card since 6/26/23. Kohls card is now managed by Capital One. I have shared the account through the form at Capital One but keep getting an error in Quicken. Please advise.

Best Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although we apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

This issue has been reported to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution. Though we do not currently have an ETA, you can bookmark this Community Alert to get updates when available and to know when the issue is resolved. If you do not see the bookmark icon at the upper right, please make sure you are logged into the Community.

Thank you!

(Ticket #10378221/CTP-7332)

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Egor Titov
    Egor Titov Member ✭✭
    edited September 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

See Ticket #10378221/CTP-7332

[Edited - Added link to the referenced alert]

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Egor Titov - Thank you for confirming that your connection issue with the Kohl's Visa card (and the one that is the subject of this thread) is resolved.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Egor Titov,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

In order to better assist you further; Could you please provide the exact error message and code?

It may also be helpful if you could provide a screenshot. If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja

• Egor Titov
    Egor Titov Member ✭✭
    Options

Screenshot attached. I've reported the error several times though the link in the dialog box, and then click the continue button with no response after.

• Egor Titov
    Egor Titov Member ✭✭
    Options

Anja,

Can I expect a reply/solution to my question?

• Boatnmaniac
    edited July 2023
    Options

Have you been able to connect your Kohl's card with Cap One before?

With QWin, Kohl's credit card has it's own download set up link that downloads from the Kohl's credit card site, not from Cap One. That is the setup link that I use for my Kohl's card.

Does QMac have a Kohl's credit card setup option, as well? If so, have you tried setting up downloads via that?

• Egor Titov
    Egor Titov Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi Boatnmanic,

MY kohl's card was replaced by a new card issued by and managed by capital one at https://kohls.capitalone.com/ The old card was deactivated. Screenshot below.

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

Ah, you are talking about the Kohl's co-branded VISA card, not about the Kohl's store credit card. They are issued by and managed by different financial institutions. I was referring to the store card which is not issued or managed by Cap One. Sorry, I can't be of assistance on this one.

• Egor Titov
    Egor Titov Member ✭✭
    Options

Any information regarding this would be greatly appreciated.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

The error message from your screenshot usually comes up when there are closed/inactive accounts that are still trying to connect to the financial institution.

To resolve the error, first, backup your Quicken file. Then, you will need to deactivate all accounts connected to Capital One. Please make sure to go to Accounts>Hide and Show Accounts to verify you have all Capital One accounts, including any hidden accounts deactivated (if a financial institution name is showing in the Financial Institution column, that means Quicken thinks the account is connected).

Once all Capital One accounts are deactivated, reconnect your accounts by going to Accounts>Add Account and following the prompts.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

• clspang
    clspang Member
    Options

I am a Quicken/Mac user, and I have also been unable to download/update transactions for Kohl's Credit Card, since approximately July 26. The detail shows WCC code CC-505, and Error code FI_WEBSITE_UNAVAILABLE (FDP-105). I can log into Kohl's Credit just fine directly via web browser.

• System
    System Member admin
    edited July 2023
    Options
    This discussion was created from comments split from: Kohl's Credit Card, Update Failure CC-505.
  • Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @clspang,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Per this article on the FDP-105 error, if the issue persists for longer than 48 hours, please reach out to Quicken Support for further assistance. The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that I could not be of more assistance!

Quicken Kristina

• lkrupp
    lkrupp Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Options

https://cs.kohls.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/804/~/my-kohls-card-and-quicken

I found this on Kohl’s customer support website. They advise that Kohl’s will not download information to Quicken ‘at this time'.

I have sent an inquiry to Kohl’s customer service asking for an answer. Is quicken aware of this and is there a ticket open with Kohl's

[Merged Post]

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

I've been getting an error message the last 2 days stating that Kohl's server is down.

• sea_compgeek
    sea_compgeek Member ✭✭
    Options

This issue continues and has been happening for more then 1 week. I have completely removed Online Services and tried to setup again and receive the same error. I have no issues logging into the card site (https://credit.kohls.com/)

Since this has been reported to Quicken and the error receiving in the app is "Sorry, We encountered an error, (it's not your fault.) who is working to fix this new issue with the Kohl's card. Since multiple have reported this issue (it worked, then stopped working) do we all need to contact Quicken Support to have this esclated?

• sea_compgeek
    sea_compgeek Member ✭✭
    Options

I can't edit a previous comment to add this, so sorry for the second post.

This article seems to indicate the issue has been esclated.

• Boatnmaniac
    edited July 2023
    Options

As noted by @sea_compgeek, an Alert has been posted about this issue. It mentions the CC-502 and FDP-102 error codes but it should probably be updated to include the related and more recent CC-505 error code.

IMO, this is likely an issue caused by Kohl's newly updated website not interfacing properly with the aggregator's (Intuit's) setup for the Kohl's CC. Once Kohl's and Intuit get it fixed/updated this issue should go away.

The more people who report this issue via Help > Report a problem or to Quicken Support via phone or chat the more it might help to elevate the priority.

• Joseph Simanek
    Joseph Simanek Member ✭✭
    Options

Having same issues. Can't connect Quicken to Kohl's credit card. Please fix this ASAP.

• Curtis88
    Curtis88 Member ✭✭
    Options

I've been having the same issues connecting Quicken to Kohls (store card) since 7/26/2023 as well. Please fix.

• Joseph Simanek
    Joseph Simanek Member ✭✭
    Options

I am having all of the same issues noted here. I disconnected online services and tried to add the services back and noticed a possible issue that may be causing this problem. When I try to add online services for the Kohl's Credit Card, it shows the internet link as "www.kohls.com". When I access my credit card through the Kohl's site, it uses the internet link "credit.kohls.com" and not www.kohls.com.

I think Quicken needs to confirm that their add feature for the Kohl's credit card is using the correct link to access Kohl's credit card transactions. It would be nice to get a response from Quicken on this issue.

• Quicken Kristina
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although we apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

This issue has been reported to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution. Though we do not currently have an ETA, you can bookmark this Community Alert to get updates when available and to know when the issue is resolved. If you do not see the bookmark icon at the upper right, please make sure you are logged into the Community.

Thank you!

(Ticket #10378221/CTP-7332)

Quicken Kristina

• Eli Sherer
    Eli Sherer Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Same same, and I am using Quicken Premier for Windows (though I have seen the same on Quicken for Mac).

The message about not connecting "at this time" still sits on the Kohl's site: https://cs.kohls.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/804/~/my-kohls-card-and-quicken

• lemme14
    lemme14 Member ✭✭
    Options

Same issue here for the last week…

• ed angel
    ed angel Member ✭✭
    Options

This has been inop for about a week. Today, I finally reached Customer Support at Kohl's Credit. They insisted that Kohl's servers do not interface with ANY 3rd party software … and never have. They were NOT interested in hearing that their servers have done do successfully with Quicken for, literally, years. Go Figure.

• Curtis88
    Curtis88 Member ✭✭
    Options

Error windows are different than before, but still not working.

• Egor Titov
    Egor Titov Member ✭✭
    edited September 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

See Ticket #10378221/CTP-7332

[Edited - Added link to the referenced alert]

• FMQMAC
    FMQMAC Member
    Options

I have been successfully connecting to Kohls for many years as well.

• hermannj
    hermannj Member ✭✭
    Options

Is there any movement on this? I'm still getting the error.

• Curtis88
    Curtis88 Member ✭✭
    Options

I'm still getting the error as well. Hopefully someone at Quicken is viewing the server error log of all of our failed attempts.

• pantz9
    pantz9 Member ✭✭
    Options

I am also unable to update or recreate a Kohl's Credit Card account. "Quicken is having trouble connecting to Kohls Credit Card." This has been going on for a few weeks.

• ed angel
    ed angel Member ✭✭
    Options

This has certainly been going on for way too long. My impression is that the problem is with Quicken, but I'm not 100% sure of that. Regardless of who needs to fix it, I find it inexcusable that this continues. Things like this get fixed … they shouldn't just go on forever.

This discussion has been closed.