Manual Reconcil

Options
cyndimann
cyndimann Member ✭✭

I like to do a manual reconcile. With these ne updates, my screen has changed. I get a lot of columns I don't need. Is there a way to edit the reconcile screen , using only the columns I want?

I use Windows 11

Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @cyndimann,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. Could you be more specific what is happening and which columns you're trying to get rid of? Screenshots may help make the issue more clear (please make sure to blur or obscure any personal information). If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• cyndimann
    cyndimann Member ✭✭
    Options

The only columns I want are date, payee, amount check number. I don't know what happened that I get all these columns..I tried to delete/remove, etc. Nothing worked. any assistance would be wonderful

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    edited August 2023
    Options

Thank you for your response,

Unlike the register, the columns in the reconcile screen are set based on whether or not the account is connected for online downloads from the financial institution, and cannot be changed by the user. When an account is set up to be able to download transactions directly from the financial institution into your Quicken, then the Posting Date columns appear in the reconcile screen (see sample image below).

When an account is set up as a manual account (no downloads, everything is typed in manually), then there is no Posting Date column in the reconcile screen (see sample image below).

In short, if those extra columns were never there before, then what most likely happened is you connected your accounts to download directly from your financial institution into Quicken. To get rid of those extra columns, you would need to deactivate the account(s).

To do that, first backup your Quicken file, then deactivate the account(s). This will remove those Posting Date columns from the reconcile screen. Please note that once the account(s) is disconnected, you will need to do everything in the account(s) manually.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

• cyndimann
    cyndimann Member ✭✭
    Options

There has to be an easier way. That's ridiculous to have to deactivate then reactivate them.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

The columns in the reconcile window cannot be customized. I would not recommend deactivating and reconnecting every time you reconcile just to get rid of an unwanted column.

If you do everything manually, including putting your transactions in manually, then deactivating your account(s) and leaving your account(s) deactivated is a viable solution.

Otherwise, we do have a Product Ideas section of the Community where you can post requests for new features and updates/changes to existing features. Ideas that get enough votes may be implemented in a future release. You can reference this FAQ for instructions on creating an Idea Post.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Surely there is already an idea post to make the columns in the reconcile window selectable?

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Are you using View / Use large fonts? Or a 4k hi-res monitor?
    The image you provided looks very crowded, compared to the images provided by @Quicken Kristina … as if you were on a very small monitor with low resolution.

This discussion has been closed.