When I sync my desktop with the mobile, it replaces my desktop budget with the previous year's budg.

Options
dnewington
dnewington Member ✭✭

When I sync my desktop with the mobile, it replaces my desktop budget with the previous year's budget. Also, the mobile calendar year is set December through November, even though the desktop is a calendar year.

It started this a few months ago. I've tried all the resets, validation, logging out, changing the name etc.

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @dnewington,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. To clarify what troubleshooting has already been done, when you say "all the resets", do you mean you went to Edit>Preferences>Mobile & Web and reset the cloud?

Was there any other reset you did? If so, please provide more detail.

When you say you tried logging out, do you mean you logged out of the mobile app, the Quicken desktop program, or both? Which name did you change? The name of your cloud account, your budget, your Quicken file, something else?

Have you done a manual reset on your cloud data (deleting the cloud account and recreating it)?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• dnewington
    dnewington Member ✭✭
    Options

Yes, I reset the cloud data through the Mobile & Web option. I changed the name of my quicken file and verified the cloud was using the same name. I have also created a new budget with a new name, but same result. I have logged out of both the desktop and mobile app. I have done each of these steps several times.

The budgets numbers on the web look correct except it runs the fiscal year Dec-Nov, instead of the calendar year. Only the budgets on the desktop are wrong, after syncing.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Assuming that you are using Quicken for Windows Subscription version on your desktop/laptop:
    In Edit / Preferences / Calendar & Currency there's a setting about Calendar Year or Fiscal Year.
    What setting is in effect currently?
    What happens when you reset this to Calendar Year?

I'm not sure what goes on under the covers when changing this setting.
    You may have to try and create a new named budget table, set up and populate your budgeted amounts and see if that properly loads a calendar year budget. You may also have to reset sync, wipe your mobile app data and resync a full file. … I'm firing shots into the dark here, because I normally stay away from syncing. I don't have a need for it.

• dnewington
    dnewington Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks. I have tried with it set as a calendar year, and as a fiscal year January-December. It does not affect the web year.

I have also tried creating a new budget with no apparent change.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If you haven't done so already, I'd say it's time to call Quicken Support on the phone during posted hours of operation and request help. Let them do a screen share session with you to review the situation on your computer, to determine the nature of the problem and to figure out how to fix it. If it's a bug in Q Mobile, Support will have to escalate this to the programmers. That's the only way to get the ball rolling.

Quicken Support:

This discussion has been closed.