BoA Pending Transactions

Options
CKelly
CKelly Member ✭✭

BoA account updates are once again including pending transactions in the Online Balance (but are not downloaded). This happened about a year ago, but was corrected. How do I fix this again?

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

My experience was that BoA had this problem if I ran the One Step Update in the evening. If the auto reconcile failed, I would click on Finish later and download again the next morning and everything was OK.

You might try updating in the morning to see if that resolves the issue.

QWin Premier subscription
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Note there is nothing that the user can do to fix such problems other than what @Jim_Harman suggested and try at a different time (and reporting the problem, Help → Report a problem). The data being download is incorrect and there isn't anything the user can do about that. It is something that the financial institution, and maybe but not likely Intuit (Quicken Inc's aggregator) would have to fix.

For instance, Chase had this problem for its checking accounts (but not credit card accounts), since the beginning, but only on weekends and holidays. Clearly this kind of thing has to come from the financial institution, since neither Intuit nor Quicken Inc's servers or Quicken would do anything different for weekends and holidays.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • CKelly
    CKelly Member ✭✭
    Options

I always update in the morning. Wonder if anyone else is experiencing this issue with BoA.

• miklk
    miklk SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    edited September 2023
    Options

I am NOW getting the wrong balance returned from BofA now making the online balance reconcile not work.

• Jim_Harman
    edited September 2023
    Options

@CKelly What type(s) of accounts are affected for you - Checking? Credit card? Does this happen consistently or only occasionally?

If this is an ongoing problem for you, I think you will need to contact official Quicken support to report it.

• Gary747
    Gary747 Member ✭✭
    Options

Quicken "Help" talks about an hourglass icon at the bottom of the register page that contains the "On/Off" feature of pending transactions, allowing them to be selected/deselected. I've no hourglass icon. Wish I had it! Quicken version R52.20

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

That is something different, and the Help is out of date.

They have twice tried to release a version that would allow the people that want pending transactions to see them, and the feature you mentioned would be an option to turn that off. Well, in both cases shortly after putting out those releases they had to reverse them and go back to not downloading pending transactions as a feature because of all the problems that feature caused.

So, at this point we are still in the long-standing mode that the pending transactions shouldn't be sent/downloaded. but it seems that at times that is breaking down and people are getting them, or most cases actually not getting the pending transactions, but instead they are included in the online balance when they shouldn't be.

Signature:
  • ChrisS1168
    ChrisS1168 Member ✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

Having the same issue after a Quicken update, I can't reconcile my Bank Of America account. Just as Chap198 mentioned it's using the online balance including the pending transaction when you reconcile.

@Quicken this is getting old. Not to mention the issue with Kohl that's been going on for months.

Please improve your communication on these issues, and get your act together.

[Merged Post]

• BostonJeff
    BostonJeff Member
    edited September 2023
    Options

I also have this problem with just my BofA transactions. It is including the pending transactions in the balance it's using the reconcile and since quicken obviously has not imported the pending transactions, it won't reconcile. What a pain! I basically just manually enter those pending transactions as my way of adjusting the balance but this is really inconvenient. Whose fault is this - BofA or Quicken and who will fix it?

[Merged Post]

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. So that we can investigate the issue, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached and include the following information in your Problem Report:

1.  All pending transactions and the last 3 posted transactions
    2. Screenshots of balances and transactions in Quicken and (if you're willing) a screenshot showing the pending transactions on the financial institution website.
    3. Name of the Quicken file this issue is happening in
    4. Which version of Quicken you are using as well as the account names & account types impacted.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience!

Thank you.    

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Scott7
    Scott7 Member ✭✭
    Options

Also having this issue with my BofA checking account only. Have reported via Help and uploaded all files. Yes it's annoying…

• CKelly
    CKelly Member ✭✭
    Options

I filed a problem report with Quicken Help. This is only a problem with my BofA checking account, and it is still happening after 2 weeks. Just an inconvenience, but annoying. Wish Quicken would fix it.

• Jim_Harman
    Options

I am running R52.20 and I tried to send the info about a reconcile failure via Report a Problem but twice I got the "Unable to send" message after typing in all the information. Here is what I tried to send. Very frustrating.

I have Reconcile to Online balance (auto reconcile) enabled for my Bank of America checking account. I completed a OSU at 8:41 EDT this morning and the reconcile showed a $550 discrepancy. This is due to a pending transaction that is included in the online balance but is not downloaded. I am running R52.20 and my data file is JLH R52-20.QDF. See attached screenshots.

If someone from Quicken contacts me I will send the screenshots, which include personal information.

• monrstep
    Options

I'm having the same issue with BOA, but also NFCU. Reconcile is using the "online" (aka available) balance instead of the "cleared" balance. I've reported it twice but have never gotten a response nor seen a fix. The only "fix" I can use is to actually log into BOA and look at the balance as of the last cleared transaction and do a manual (paper) reconcile.

• Jim_Harman
    Options

What I find is that if I wait 12-24 hours and do another one step update, the issue usually resolves itself. When the Reconcile dialog is displayed, do not accept a balance adjustment, click on Finish later instead.

• CKelly
    CKelly Member ✭✭
    Options

The problem was corrected when I did today's update.

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello All, 

We have been notified that a server-side fix has been released for the Bank of America online balance issue. We request that you please try again, and let us know result.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• miklk
    miklk SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

so far, looks like my balances are OK

• Jim_Harman
    Options

I downloaded transactions for a BoA credit card this morning 10/21. A transaction from yesterday was downloaded and shows as cleared on the BoA website, but the downloaded online balance does not include that transaction.

This causes the auto reconcile to fail. I clicked on Finish Later and presumably the online balance will eventually be updated.

I am running QWin Premier R52.33

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

After viewing something on the Chase site the other day, I have little confidence that these kinds of problems will ever be solved.

Note this was seen at about 9PM PDT. My statement closed on the 16th so only transactions up to the 15th were on the last statement. Past that time, we had three transactions on this credit card. When I looked one was in the pending state and the other two were nowhere to be found!

Note that I get email for every transaction so I certain, know they should be there, what's more guess what?

When I downloaded transactions into Quicken I got those two transactions as cleared transactions (but not the one in the pending state, which is the correct behavior). I figured that what was happening is that Chase's website was "incrementally" being updated, and those would show up later. Sure enough, the next day the transactions were back on the Chase website in the cleared section.

As it turns out, this all worked correctly in Quicken, so clearly where Quicken's data is coming from is even more "backend" than Chase's own website! I'm sure entirely possible for different financial institutions to tie in at different points and as such have different behaviors, but if you can catch a major financial institution like Chase with an inconsistent website, that doesn't give you a lot of confidence that all the financial institutions will provide Quicken will consistent data.

Signature:
This discussion has been closed.