10 attachment limitation error message during Report a Problem

Options
SilverEagle
SilverEagle Member ✭✭

When I select the "Something is broken", fill out the Report a Problem form and then choose the option to send Sanitized Data, I get an error that I went over the 10 attachment limitation AND THEN IT WIPES OUT THE ENTIRE FORM!! Why do you make reporting a problem so difficult? 😫

The form automatically selects 9 log files and the screenshot, so adding the sanitized data will always be the 11th attachment. By limiting the Report a Problem to 10 attachments is counter-productive and frustrates the user because they now have to start over.

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @SilverEagle,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I apologize that you are experiencing this issue.

Before I can further assist you, I require some more information. When did this issue begin to occur? After a recent update?

If you don’t mind, could you please provide a screenshot of the error message you described receiving? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments. Please remember to redact any personal information as needed.

I look forward to your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• SilverEagle
    SilverEagle Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi Jasmine. I don't have a reference point as to when this issue began, because this was the 1st time I tried using the Report a Problem form. Below is the screenshot. I selected the option to send the sanitized data before clicking the Send to Quicken button.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    edited September 2023
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

Could you please tell us what file size is showing for the sanitized data file? Also, I'm able to replicate the issue in my Quicken. As soon as the number of attachments exceeds 10, I get the same error. How many attachments are you trying to send?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

And you don't need to send any of the files with "OLD" in the name. UnCheck them. EG: CONLOG.TXT, yes. CONNOLD.txt, no

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• SilverEagle
    SilverEagle Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you @NotACPA, that does make sense.

@Kristina, I cannot see the size of the sanitized file, but I do see that it states Maximum file upload size: 200MB, but I have no way of knowing it actual size.

So this issue is actually 2-part. One, is the 10 attachment limit warning when the Report a Problem form automatically selects 10 attachments (including the screenshot), not giving you the ability to send the sanitized file. Two, is when you do get the warning and you click Ok, it wipes out everything in the Report a Problem form and you have to start all over. I had a very detailed explanation written in the "describe your experience" box, and because of the 10-limit warning, it wiped that out and I had to start all over. That was extremely frustrating and certainly not necessary.

Ideally, you get rid of the 10 attachment limit and you impose a size limit only, and if a warning is needed to be displayed, when the user acknowledges the warning, send them back to the Report a Problem form so they can adjust what is being sent in with the problem report. You may also want to display the actual size of the sanitized file, in case the user's total attachment size is too large.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    edited October 2023
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

I forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have it further investigated.

In the meantime, as @NotACPA said, what you may need to do in order to send a problem report is uncheck the preselected logs files with OLD in the name to get below the 10 attachment limit.

Thank you.

(CTP-7831)

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I agree that Quicken should NOT wipeout what the user has entered when prematurely terminating the Send a Problem Report process.

But, until Quicken chooses to address the situation, the issues reported inthis discussion can be overcome fairly easily.

a.) Compose the Problem Report description in something like Notepad, then Copy/Paste into the Quicken Problem Report. That also makes it easy to keep a permanent copy of the Problem Report description.
    b.) If it's desired to send more than 10 attachments, plan to send two problem reports - each having the same problem report description (which was saved in Notepad), but different attachments. [One could add a suffix to the second Problem Report "Subject", if concerned the two reports will be treated as duplicates when received by Quicken.]

If the sanitized file is too large (larger than 200MB), Quicken will notify the user when they click the "Sanitized data file" box in the "Report a problem to Quicken" dialog.

[As to determining the exact size of the sanitized file, that is simple. The sanitized file is located in the same Windows folder where the Quicken .QDF file is located. The sanitized file name construct is "Sanitized_YourQuickenFileName.zip".  When the Sanitize finishes successfully, the user sees the "Sanitize Your Data File" dialog, which contains a button to "Copy Path" and another to "Go to Folder". The size of the sanitized file could be displayed in that dialog, but if the user has gotten that far, the sanitized file is NOT too large to send, so it's size is largely academic.]

-JP

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Randy 415
    Randy 415 Windows Beta Beta
    Options

There are so many bugs in Quicken. At least make it easier to send in the reports. Here is one example where I was not able to send more than one Screenshot without encountering an error. Please allow 20-30 attachments and screenshots. And please make other improvements that make it easier to send bug info and details. The process now, is way too cumbersome, and if you make one simple mistake, you have to Start OVER. because it closes the dialogue and resets.

This discussion has been closed.