R52.xx - Enter Valid Date after download transactions [Edit33]

Options
rbridges01
rbridges01 Member ✭✭✭
edited January 27 in Investing (Windows)

Getting "enter Valid Date" dialog box after auto update on investment accounts. Clicking ok bypasses, the message. Happening after latest update.

Best Answers

• Quicken Janean
    Quicken Janean Moderator admin
    edited October 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi All, I am sorry for the delayed response, but in case you did not see my post earlier, there is a plan for a fix to be released in a R53 patch. I don't have a date for when that will be available so please check here for that update. Thank you for your continued patience. I am also creating an alert, so keep an eye out for that.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although we apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

A fix for this issue is planned and should be included in a future release (R53). Though we do not currently have an ETA, you can bookmark this Community Alert to get updates when available and to know when the issue is resolved. If you do not see the bookmark icon at the upper right, please make sure you are logged into the Community.

Thank you!

(Ticket# 10502884/CTP-7680)

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

This is a known issue. A Moderator has said that a fix is planned for R53.XX patch and that means it will be sometime this month….just don't know which patch and when yet.: Re: R52.xx - Enter Valid Date after download transactions [Edit33].

Answers

• bmbass
    bmbass Member ✭✭
    Options

I have also seen this when just accepting downloaded DIV transactions. It has happened across multiple investment accounts and happens anytime the downloaded DIV is accepted.

• jersey42
    jersey42 Member ✭✭
    Options

Same thing happens for me after R52.19. In my case:

1. I download investment transactions
    2. Press "Accept All"
    3. All transactions are accepted, then I get the "Enter a valid date" error box.
    4. I press "OK" and everything is fine.

• Rodo
    Rodo Member ✭✭
    Options

Exact same story here. It doesn't seem to affect or hurt anything other than just the inconvenience of clicking OK on the little window box.

• sjlorenz
    sjlorenz Member ✭✭
    Options

I am also now getting the same message after the recent update.

• Michael Sloss
    Michael Sloss Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Same here.

• cdennett
    cdennett Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Got it when updating investment accounts and credit card accounts.

• irvserve
    irvserve Member ✭✭
    Options

looks like a common issue after the latest program update. Does Q support monitor this thread? Does somone have to contact them?

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

[edit] @Quicken Anja has already weighed in on this issue.

Forum Moderators sometimes review issues discussed here and refer them to Development, but if you want Quicken to work on a problem, I recommend you contact Support via phone.  Be sure the support agent understands the problem and gives you a ticket number for future reference.

You should also use the Help > Report a Problem menu in Quicken to submit the issue online. In your submission, be as clear and thorough as possible. Reference the ticket number and provide a link to this discussion. Provide step by step instructions to reproduce the problem. You will not get a response to an electronic submission, but they say they review and prioritize the submissions. 

Updates on problems that Quicken has acknowledged are posted at the link below

Quicken never says when a problem is expected to be resolved.

https://community.quicken.com/categories/alerts

QWin Premier subscription
  • irvserve
    irvserve Member ✭✭
    Options

there's a new update to the program today that looks like it fixes the issue. R52.20

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@irvserve have you observed that R52.20 fixes this problem?

All the Release notes say is it fixes "issues causing application errors/crashes"

QWin Premier subscription
  • miklk
    miklk SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

This Enter Bug not fixed yet in R52.20 HotFix

• ericloew1
    Options

Same problem here. On the latest quicken subscription release.

• Joseph John
    Options

Quicken should provide a way to revert back to an older release. Seems like every time they fix something they break something else. Poor quality control and software testing. Never seen so many releases and bug fixes in a product that one would think should be stable by now.

• Digitalparadigm
    Options

Having the same issue. Very annoying. Have the most recent update R52.20 and no change.

• Michael Rodgers
    Options

Having the same issue after Quicken updated to R52.20. Every account that has downloaded transactions ends with 'Enter a Valid Date' once you accept them. Tried to Validate the file and it came back with no errors. Need a patch for this.

• Cyclist
    Cyclist Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Ditto

• Ted Gallagher
    Options

Similar for me: This seems to have started after updating to R52.19 which I think was yesterday. It does not occur with all my investment accounts; Schwab seems to work fine, but Vanguard throws the date error. Today's update to R52.20 did not solve.

I also have accounts at Fidelity but there have been no downloaded transactions since this started so I don't know if they are affected.

• Bananabowl
    Bananabowl Member ✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

After installing the latest update to R52.20, I have a new error message that occurs after finishing accepting downloaded transactions from my brokerage. After all of the transactions are completed, when you select the "Done" button to make the list of accepted transactions go away, a warning message pops up stating "Enter a valid date".

[Merged Post]

• Bione
    Bione Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

Today I downloaded R52.20. When accepting Fidelity dividend transactions in two accounts I would get "Enter a Valid Date" popup message. Have never seen before.

[Merged Post]

• M  C
    M C Member ✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

I am having the same error after the R52.20 install for Fidelity and Schwab accounts.

[Merged Post]

• imdcareys
    imdcareys Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

@ Joseph John Can you see this request? It would help to know, since it appears there have been zero views since it was posted.

Win 11 - Quicken Premier - v54.16

• Charlie@
    Charlie@ Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

After recent update last week, when I accept a downloaded transaction in an investment account I get a little popup that says "enter a valid date". Anyone know why this is happening? On QD Windows.

[Merged Post]

• MartyKing
    MartyKing Member ✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

Me too! Getting an alert "Enter a valid date when opening an investment account after the last software update

[Merged Post]

• felding
    felding Member ✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

me three

[Merged Post]

• Backpacker
    Backpacker Member ✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

Same here when accepting Vanguard brokerage transactions.

[Merged Post]

• irvserve
    irvserve Member ✭✭
    Options

Whoops. although i thought the .20 released fixed it, today i was still receiving the same error. both for Fidelity and UBS files.

It appears we'll have to wait for another release to fix it.

By the Way, the help desk first had me run the "super" validate routine, which took quite a while. It did no good.

This discussion has been closed.