Chase - Download QFX Problems OL-221 (edit79)

Options

Comments

• davidsh331@gmail.com
    Options

Sorry, I should have also mentioned that I am receiving no error messages, in fact no messages of any kind, just no downloaded transactions after Sept 18, 2023.

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@John Patriarca

Chase evidently messed around with the routine that creates the .QFX files and is leaving out some important information that Quicken needs for the import.

Contact Chase and complain to them, they are the only ones that can fix it.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Budholm
    Budholm Member ✭✭
    Options

I don't know if this is a solution, but it appears to me that Chase is going into competition with Quicken. They opened a new "Dashboard" that looks strangely like a variation of Intuit's Mint, which would explain a lot of things. It is also foolish in my opinion. To be of any value, you would need to have all your financial accounts at Chase (i.e., loans, brokerage, checking, etc.), a pipe dream, isn't that called putting all your eggs in one basket? OR, sign up for aggregation, which is just as bad, if not worse. An ominous sign for Quicken, pretty soon, all the big brokerages/banks are going to have their own "Dashboards".

• Budholm
    Budholm Member ✭✭
    Options

Note to UKR, I tried to set up One Step and Chase nixed it, see my post above yours on 10/13. My solution is easier, just use another credit card day to day, there are plenty of them out there. Then you post to your Chase account manually, but only use it occasionally, like for a special item, if at all.

• Eric Podietz
    Eric Podietz Member ✭✭
    Options

(Ticket #10521142/CTP-7909)

I am following up on the above ticket # which is over a week old. This regards receiving error OL-221-A when opening up a QFX file downloaded from Chase. The secondary error # is OL-221-B. I have two credit card accounts with Chase and both have been receiving this error for over a week. I am running Quicken Deluxe Build 27.1.52.28 under Windows 7. I called Chase and they said the problem is with Quicken. I have accounts with other institutions and I am able to open QFX files from them with no problem! THIS IS A MAJOR PAIN IN THE ****! WHAT IS GOING ON WITH A FIX TO THIS? WHAT IS THE PROBLEM?

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Chase has feed you a line of garbage. The problem exists in the file generated by Chase, not Quicken. I run both subscription Quicken (2018+) and Quicken 2013.

With subscription Quicken, I get the OL-221-A error.

For the QW2013, I have to do .QFX to .QIF conversions (third party program) and that conversion software reports an error. Now, if it was Quicken's fault, why would the conversion program generate an error?

Call Chase again and tell them they are at fault, not Quicken and to please get it fixed.

• chudson-pbllp
    chudson-pbllp Member ✭✭
    Options

@evanferg60 or @DavePDX, do either of you have a Case/Ticket #?

Would like to start referencing a single ticket to get things escalated on the Chase side.

• chudson-pbllp
    chudson-pbllp Member ✭✭
    Options

@splasher is correct.

I posted the specific issue going on to Reddit (can't post links yet): https://old.reddit.com/r/Chase/comments/1743rph/qbo_files_no_longer_work_with_quickbooks_desktop/k5al5jc/

Basically it's two-fold: Account Number's are missing and Transaction ID's are all zero.

This holds across all formats.

• chudson-pbllp
    chudson-pbllp Member ✭✭
    Options

In case that link doesn't work (invisible to me): https://gist.github.com/chudson-pbllp/1bf6a9b5b0078c39c8919c7ea5a822f3#on-bank-account-and-routing-numbers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

@chudson-pbllp I was just going to post my results of looking at the QFX files that Chase is generating when I saw your post. I agree with your answer. They have dropped all information of ACCTID in both the overall account information section and each transaction and every FITID is a "0".

Users can check it out themselves by looking at a recent Chase generated QFX file in either Notepad or Wordpad or any text editor they might have.

Somebody working for Chase really screwed up.

• quick20
    quick20 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I am having issues connecting with Chase as well where all accounts are not connecting. Tried deactivating all Chase Accounts in Quicken and then deactivating at Chase. Started from scratch. Connection is made, but not all accounts are found or missing account error comes up in Quicken. Is there an issue with Chase?

• quick20
    quick20 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

May have found solution. After you start from scratch, by deactivating all Chase accounts in Quicken and then deactivating Intuit at the Chase website, when you re-add accounts from Chase at Quicken MAKE sure at the Chase website you uncheck any old accounts that are not funded. This seems to be working so far.

• talbotta
    talbotta Member
    Options

I also have contacted Chase several times with the info about the missing ACCTID field and the incorrect FITID values. No one I have been able to talk to yet has a clue.

• MrHMon
    MrHMon Member ✭✭
    Options

I explained the issue via a message through my online Chase account. They totally didn't get it even after three tries. They finally advised I call in (800-524-3880). I called in on Oct 12 and explained the issue in detail regarding the ACCTID and FITID to a representative who gave me a number to Intuit/Quicken. I explained how it is an issue with the file not with any other software and how they could open the file in a text editor to verify. The rep hung up on me. Called back and spoke with another rep who understood the issue and said she received one or two other calls about it. She also mentioned it likely happened on 10/4 or 10/5 from a release by the web team.

I do have a case number for my call that I will share with Intuit/Quicken if they think it would be beneficial for folks to reference when they call in.

• DavePDX
    DavePDX Member ✭✭
    Options

The case I opened with Chase on 10/7 is: 20231007COTS0015.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

I guess Chase likes me better than you guys. I can download a QFX file of the recent purchase on my Chase Freedom credit card and import it into Quicken without any problems:

It is really strange that it works for me, but not for others. It must be that this problem hasn't been pushed out to all of their servers.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Slickdome
    Slickdome Member
    Options

I am having trouble with a download from Chase for a credit card, one works okay the other gives error OL-221-A. Any thoughts?

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Slickdome,

This is a known issue that has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA on resolution. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Rick Klock
    Rick Klock Member ✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

Ever since the last update I have not been able to import the "QFX" file from my Chase CC.

All other CC's and checking account work fine.

Any help would be great

Thank You

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

any errors ? There are other postings and Alerts about issues with Chase and downloading QFX files -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Rick Klock
    Rick Klock Member ✭✭
    Options

Only error I get is:

Quicken is unable to complete your request (OL-22-A)

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

I think you meant OL-221-A, but regardless of the typo, Chase is turning out .QFX Web Connect files that are missing information and without that information, Quicken can NOT import.

I suggest you contact Chase and express you desire for them to get it fixed. They will probably try to point the finger at Quicken, but a QFX to QIF program I use to feed Quicken 2013 throws an error also, so it is just not Quicken's fault.

• SJP1
    SJP1 Member
    Options

Agree that this is a Chase issue and they have very clearly left off information from the file coding. It just will not work until they fix it. I am going to stop using my Chase card until it is fixed. Really poor customer service and incredible it has taken them weeks to resolve something a simple as a coding error. I could fix this for you in a heartbeat Chase - if you really care (which it seems you don't) - solve simple items quickly.

If this went into a dev cycle it is outrageous.

• Rick Klock
    Rick Klock Member ✭✭
    Options

yes I called Chase and they acted dumb and said to call Quicken

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

What they have done is to not include the ACCTID field information in both the general account section and each of the transactions.

I thought about trying to fix the file until I saw that it involved EVERY transaction.

Temporarily, I have decided to download the CSV file and use ImportQIF (by QuicknPerlWiz, its free) and use it to create a QIF file for import. If and when Chase gets its act together, the first download will have a bunch of duplicates of the transactions I imported using ImportQIF, but that is a one time hassle. In the meantime, my Chase account will stay up-to-date without manual entry.

Who knows, maybe I'll never go back to the QFX file download, I use ImportQIF for several other accounts, and both the QFX & CSV downloads require the same amount of work to download.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

For what is worth, it is now broken for me too.

BTW this reminds me that Chase broke the QIF download a year or so ago and never fixed it.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Rick Klock
    Rick Klock Member ✭✭
    Options

thank you for the info.
    I been just entering the transactions by hand. Hope it gets fixed soon.

Thanks again

• DEC6
    DEC6 Member ✭✭
    Options

Hello. I was having a similar issue. I did not try the delete the accounts/add the accounts. I did look at the .QFX file from Chase both before the issue and after the issue started. It seems that Chase is leaving out one piece of information, the account number (!).

What I did - go into the recycle bin on the computer, and find a file from September, when the chase .QFX file was correct. Open the file in notepad, and find the following lines:

<CCACCTFROM>
    <ACCTID>4XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    </CCACCTFROM>

Note, I put all X's in the account ID. Your account Id should probably match your cc#. Mine did.

Copy the <ACCTID> line from the old working file, and put it in the corresponding spot in the recently downloaded file, which probably isn't working. Then, save the file with notepad (leave the .QFX extension alone), and double click on the file. Quicken should update.

This is of course, kind of a pain the rear, hopefully Chase will fix this. I hope this works for your, I am sorry if it does not.

• esimian
    esimian Member ✭✭
    Options

Quicken

Quicken Kristina, the Quicken team has to resolve this with Chase, this is your product, Quicken customers should not have to be calling Chase and hope they can reach someone through customer service who can help with this, which is highly unlikely. You probably have contacts in the right IT dept. inside that massive bank. It has been two weeks. Please provide an update asap. I imagine thousands of your customers use Chase credit cards. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.