CC-501 trying to setup Treasury Direct (edit)

Options

CC-501 when trying to setup Treasury Direct account for online services.

Tagged:

Best Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @mdross171,

This error is usually caused on the bank’s end and means that the Quicken server is being blocked from connecting to the account. Typically these errors self-resolve within 24 hours. If you haven't already, we recommend reviewing this support article for more information.

As stated in the article, if the error persists for more than 24 hours, then you will need to contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance. Our support agents will need to collect and review your log files, and will likely need to file an escalation if they see fit.

Please, click here to review Quicken Support's hours of operation.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

@mdross171 I called support this morning and spent total of 45 minutes (most of it on hold). They are aware of the issue. Support call taker said this issue has already been escalated and to try it again in 24 hours and call back if it still doesn't work. I asked and was given the escalated Ticket number for this issue. When you call support give them this ticket number.

Ticket Number : 1057213

Additional note: I looked here and in the Alert Section and didn't see this issue identified.

Windows 11 (2 separate computers)..... Quicken Premier.. HAVE USED QUICKEN CONTINUOUSLY SINCE 1985.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @mdross171,

This error is usually caused on the bank’s end and means that the Quicken server is being blocked from connecting to the account. Typically these errors self-resolve within 24 hours. If you haven't already, we recommend reviewing this support article for more information.

As stated in the article, if the error persists for more than 24 hours, then you will need to contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance. Our support agents will need to collect and review your log files, and will likely need to file an escalation if they see fit.

Please, click here to review Quicken Support's hours of operation.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• mdross171
    mdross171 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

It has persisted for more than 24 hours. I have tried at various times over the course of a couple of weeks. I'll contact Quicken Support. Thanks!

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

where are you trying to setup a Quicken Add Account for TD - I don't think there actually is any such animal -
    What exact Quicken Add name are you using ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• miklk
    miklk SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

Treasury Direct is there as TreasuryDirect.

Not sure when it was added but looks like it is definatley there but seems like they are not surprisingly blocking Quicken. cc-501 (It is definately Treasury Direct as they sent the OTP as expected.)

• retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

This is the only thing close to Treasury Direct I see….. firstcommercialbk.com is a bank and not the Treasury Direct for US Bonds etc.

Windows 11 (2 separate computers)..... Quicken Premier.. HAVE USED QUICKEN CONTINUOUSLY SINCE 1985.

• Jeffrey Masors
    Options

There is an entry for TreasuryDirect. And I get the same result (cc-501) as mdross171 when trying to set up online access (including the OTP).

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

interesting …. will have to try with Quicken -

WOW - just tried with the Quicken Add Account -
    enter Acct number & PW - got to the OTP - sent the email - reply with OTP sent - and then "looking for accounts" …… CC-501

The normal TD signon process is
    …. TD website —> enter Acct number —> OTP sent to email —> reply with OTP sent —> enter PW —> done

60642 60642 60642 TreasuryDirect
    https://www.treasurydirect.gov/
    https://www.treasurydirect.gov/fw/BPDLogin?application=rs ACTIVE
    BANKING,ACCOUNTINFO&EXP-WEB-CONNECT

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

Yep, I checked again this morning and it shows this now…. CC-501 (could not connect to Quicken server)…… Maybe Q is setting this up and how great that would be….

• mdross171
    mdross171 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I'll contact Quicken Support and once issue has been resolved I'll post solution to this thread. Thanks all!

• miklk
    Options

It would be nice to be able to connect to Treasury Direct.

However, I have doubts that they will ever allow Quicken to connect.

• retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I setup a Test account with only account being TreasuryDirect. When doing an OSU Quicken connects to TreasuryDirect and excepts the TD account number and password and sends a one time code via e-mail to the proper e-mail address shown in TD. The code should be sent and verified BEFORE the password is asked for by Quicken thus process fails with error message. TD's 2 factor authentication sequence is different than all of my FI's 2 factor sequences.

Seems to me that Quicken just need to tweak a bit….. Sure hope they get it worked out….

• retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

I downloaded a "free to try financial software" for my iPad and just added 1 account to it. TreasuryDirect was added without issue so TreasuryDirect can work. When adding the account it asked for account number, then password. Then a code was sent to the e-mail on file at TreasuryDirect. Entered the code and account was linked and downloaded.

The software didn't have many of my FI's as FI"s to choose from when adding accounts but it served my purpose to see if TreasuryDirect can be linked and work. Deleted the software.

Hope Quicken can get it to work…..

• mdross171
    mdross171 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks @retird! I'll call Support this week.

• retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

@mdross171 I called support this morning and spent total of 45 minutes (most of it on hold). They are aware of the issue. Support call taker said this issue has already been escalated and to try it again in 24 hours and call back if it still doesn't work. I asked and was given the escalated Ticket number for this issue. When you call support give them this ticket number.

Ticket Number : 1057213

Additional note: I looked here and in the Alert Section and didn't see this issue identified.

• mdross171
    mdross171 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

@retird went above and beyond. Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy schedule for someone other than yourself. Much appreciated.

• retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

@mdross171 Still not able to set up TD account…

OK I waited 2 days and tried again to create another test file with only TreasuryDirect. The same thing happened again and not able to create test file with only 1 account…. got this error message again…… Anybody that has a TreasuryDirect account can try but you will end up with the same results. Come on Quicken and fix this…. error message says TreasuryDirect cannot fix the problem and not to contact them….

• retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

@mdross171

Tried to connect again…. same error message….

Called Q Support again on Oct. 20 and gave them the ticket number they gave me on Oct. 16. They had no record that I called them on Oct., 16 and that ticket number did not exist.

3 more hours with Q Support…….Created test file twice and still error message. Sent logs and Escalation team looked at them and asked me a lot of questions and had me try a bunch of stuff while they shared my screen so they could see everything I tried for them. The results was the same error message. They said that yes there was an issue and gave me ticket number in an e-mail along with the date and time they were going to call me back ………. "Ticket ID":"10541495"

Escalation Dept. scheduled to call me next Monday.

• retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@mdross171 I just edited my last post for you……

• retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

@mdross171 and others here ( and @Quicken Anja )

After hours with Q Support yesterday I really suspect the issue is that Quicken's Log-in sequence with TreasuryDirect is the issue as @Ps56k2 mentioned earlier here.

Quicken's sequence to connect to TreasuryDirect is :

1. Enter TreasuryDirect Account Number
    2. Enter TreasuryDirect Password
    3. Enter TreasuryDirect OTP one time code that you received by e-mail from TreasuryDirect.
    4. YOU GET AN ERROR MESSAGE AFTER OTP CODE IS ACCEPTED AND QUICKEN SEARCHES FOR THE ACCOUNT.

TreasuryDirect's sequence is :

1. Enter TreasuryDirect Account Number
    2. Enter TreasuryDirect OTP one time code that TreasuryDirect sent you in an e-mail.
    3. Enter TreasuryDirect Password
    4. YOU ARE LOGGED IN TO YOUR TREASURYDIRECT ACCOUNT.

Here is a TreasuryDirect video about Logging In that verifies their sequence. Video cuts out a bit going to the actual Log In Video so be patient….

https://www.treasurydirect.gov/indiv/tools-videos/log-in/

*PDF file that could be given to Escalation Department

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

That might be true, but then why is there an entry in for it at all?

I suspect something that has been in Quicken Mac for quite some time is now being tried in Quicken Windows.

I refer to this past post:

And I will add this, I think one of many stumbling block of ever getting access the federal government was the licensing agreement and fees that Intuit wants for Direct Connect. Express Web Connect + definitely has a different licensing agreement and from what I understand no fees. And so, it is entirely possible that the situation has changed.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • miklk
    Options

Chris,

I will believe it when I see it BUT you do have a point that Mac and some other software has connected successfully. However, the cc-501 usually indicates they are intentionally blocking the connection. The aggregator returns INVALID_CREDENTIALS. Maybe they can make it work? We'll see.

PS: If this starts working, maybe they can look into the Thrift Savings Plan since probably the same restrictions.

• retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

Another 45 minutes today with tier 2 support…. Test file and logs made and sent again….. on hold several times….. bottom line I was told is that TreasuryDirect uses Express Web Connect and would need to change all servers to Express Web Connect +

I asked if they were going to take down TreasuryDirect from being a choice to choose to add to Quicken file and they said no…. said it was up to TD as to what they want to do but Quicken won't contact them.

End of story for me….

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@retird That is a very interesting statement. Unfortunately, there is no way to tell if the connection type is Express Web Connect + from the fidir.txt file, both show up as EXP-WEB-CONNECT.

But it does put in question if this does in fact work on Quicken Mac or I just picked up the wrong information somewhere.

@jacobs do you know if Treasury Direct works on Quicken Mac?

(Note that on Quicken Mac there isn't a way to separate the two connection types, on Quicken Mac they are both lumped under "Quicken Connect")

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

@Chris_QPW I don't have Treasury Direct investments, so I don't know how/whether it works. It is listed as a participating financial institution:

@Chris_QPW said: Note that on Quicken Mac there isn't a way to separate the two connection types, on Quicken Mac they are both lumped under "Quicken Connect"

While that's true, there is a hidden trick I learned if one wants to show whether a Quicken Connect connection in Quicken Mac is the EWC or EWC+ flavor. In any account, click on the account's Settings. You get a window which looks like this:

As you can see, the Connection type displays only "Quicken Connect". But if you click on "Quicken Connect" (which doesn't appear to be clickable), it shows additional information about the connection type (or the "connection ion channel, as Quicken technically refers to it):

"FDT_DEFAULT" here indicates that this is standard "EWC". It would show "FDP_WSI_OAUTH" if it was "EWC+". Apparently this is intended for Quicken Support reps doing troubleshooting; it wasn't a problem in the past because EWC was only for banking accounts, not investment accounts; now that that's changed, they need to make this less technical and easier for users to see and understand. My understanding is that investment accounts on EWC currently support only Simple Investing (balances but no transaction details) due to limits in the data financial institutions previously exposed for screen scraping. Since EWC is a new connection type for investment accounts, Quicken is the process of expanding the EWC connection to include enough detail for complete investment tracking. I don't have any idea of the timeframe for that happening.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

Well - just tried it via the Fidelity Full View (linking to outside accounts)

1 - on our Fidelity online website account - Add - Treasury Direct
    2 - enter Username & password
    3 - go thru hurdles of OTP - email - enter - etc ….
    4 - its there !

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Philip Marvil
    Philip Marvil Member ✭✭
    Options

The TreasuryDirect entry for New Account ("+") needs to be removed by Quicken if Quicken is not going to support, or if they cannot work with TreasuryDirect to allow this connection to be made. This is not a one-off local bank that we are interested in having connected.

This discussion has been closed.