Pentagon PenFed Credit Union PFCU - CC-502 (QWin)

Options

Answers

• retspoon
    retspoon Member ✭✭
    Options

Since my post about this problem I have tried to download transactions manually and have found out that Quicken could not read the downloaded file and I get the message to contact my institution . It seems recently that PenFen changed the way they download transactions and totally messed things up and to be honest I think it is more PenFed fault then Quicken

• Wonderboy
    Wonderboy Member ✭✭
    Options

I’ve been able to download and access transactions (QFX format) from deposit accounts, but not from credit card (OFX - I think).

• Pelindaba
    Pelindaba Member ✭✭
    Options

I need more transparency from Quicken about the issues with the Pentagon Federal Credit union. I have not been able to download my accounts for weeks now. It would seem my only current option is to stop using Quicken! Will Quicken reimburse part of my annual fee for not being able to use their service? I am sure the issues are complicated and challenging to fix but it has been weeks!

• ernievjr40
    ernievjr40 Member ✭✭
    Options

I am having the same problem with quicken and penfed. I keep getting error code cc-502. Has been ongoing for at least 2 weeks this time. This problem has been occurring repeatedly over the last year. Quicken please let your customers know if there is anything we can do help resolve this problem once and for all. Do we all need to contact PenFed? Or do we need to provide you some kind of error report or file updates or anything? Just tell us. This issue needs to be fixed like yesterday.

• Joe Roksewicz
    Joe Roksewicz Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Same problem for me and when I try to manually download transactions from PenFed, the only formats available are CSV, QIF, OFX, and Excel…no QXF!!! You can't use QIF files for credit card accounts.

• jcpistone
    jcpistone Member ✭✭
    Options

My connection issues with PedFed started around 11/15 with the dreaded CC-502 error. I can still go to the PenFed website and manually download my credit card and banking transactions, but must do so for each account separately, which is very inconvenient. I just received a response from PenFed, who suggested I clear my cache. Obviously unaware that there are many of us having issues and this is not a one off situation. No being able to use the Quicken One-Step update (as slow as it is) for PenFed is becoming a hassle, I wish Quicken would be more proactive in resolving these concerns with the banks so its Quicken members can have full benefit of the program we pay a yearly fee for.

• Airborne06
    Airborne06 Member ✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

The connectivity issues with PFCU have been ongoing for several years now. Quicken can't resolve the issue, or at least can't identify nor explain the issue. Quicken has been "working on it" for years, and has never solved the issue. Goodbye Quicken. I hope other users have had better luck with the Quicken/PFCU interface.

• jcpistone
    jcpistone Member ✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

I just received an updated response from PenFed:

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and the misinformation to begin with.

Third-party applications can use a variety of means to access your data, one of these options is called screen-scraping. After careful consideration, PenFed has decided not to allow the collection of data through screen-scraping at this time; therefore, connecting to those type of programs, such as Quicken, Mint, and [Removed - 3rd Party Software] may be blocked. Applications that use alternative means of data collection are still allowed and should work as intended.

If you are experiencing issues with a third-party application, you may need to manually download transactions to your device, and then import the data to the desired program.

• mikek753b
    mikek753b Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'm second about PenFed to be more and more problematic over past several years …

10 years ago I had 0 issues auto downloading from PenFed, but after PenFed merged or bought another CU it went to a wrong direction, so many issues with download.

I don't like current PenFed UI that isn't consistent for between Checking and Credit Card accounts, so many clicks to get to required info, and manual download transactions.

Credit Cars download format is also a strange, I can't import this resulting file correctly. It could be on both sides issue.

I wish Quicken to work with PenFed on dedicated download API that doesn't require any screen scraping, we pay to Quicken subscription to get expected auto download after all IMHO.

If Quicken can't address this issue with PenFed then let us know, so I (we) can act.

I've been with PenFed for over 10 years, and moving from it to another CU or Bank isn't easy for me due to many my current accounts with PenFed and all kind cross linked accounts with other finance institutions, it will be some work for me.

I'd appreciate for Quicken to provide the guidance for this matter.

Best Regards
  • mikek753b
    mikek753b Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

This is what I got from PenFed rep:

Unfortunately, PenFed is not able to support automatic downloads to Quicken. While there are no technical limitations that should prevent automatic downloads, we are unable to provide technical support related to third party services. That said, you always have the option to manually download your transactions. For instructions, please see Downloading Transaction History.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience. It would be best to contact Quicken support directly to discuss the compatibility issue with PenFed.

Screen Scraping
    For your security, PenFed does not allow financial planning apps that use screen-scraping techniques to collect account information.

I apologize, PenFed is no longer compatible with Quicken

_____________________________________________________________________________What PenFed is talking about that Quicken is expected to do?

Best Regards
  • evanee2044
    evanee2044 Member ✭✭
    Options

Issue is ongoing.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @Airborne06,

I truly apologize for the issues that you have been experiencing with Pentagon Federal Credit Union.

Would you mind providing more information regarding the issues?

Thanks!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• brinsf111
    Options

You can always use QIF format which PFCU does support.

• Krakat
    Krakat Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

I download using QFX and don't have an issue with this format.

• Krakat
    Krakat Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Forgot the image to attach.

• G_Y
    G_Y Member ✭✭
    Options

I received the same scrapping message from PenFed months ago and, after several weeks, PenFed and Quicken resolved whatever issues they were having, though automatic downloads became wonky after PenFed "upgraded" their site. After the update, Penfed would show transactions as cleared on one day but they would not be downloaded, then on the next, they would. Now, nothing.

I don't think PenFed and Quicken will ever play together nicely.

• G_Y
    G_Y Member ✭✭
    Options

PenFed just reiterated to me that, by their Terms of Service, it no longer allows Quicken to scrap the date because of high rates of "fraud".

To me, since PenFed is the only financial institution that I deal with that prohibits scrapping because of fraud, the problem allowing the fraud must be on PenFed's end. Perhaps a problem with their programming?

• robrichards
    robrichards Member ✭✭
    Options

Close all Pen Fed accounts and move on, they do not nor will support Quicken

• Wonderboy
    Wonderboy Member ✭✭
    Options

This might be helpful. I have no problem downloading manually from PenFed deposit accounts (Checking, Savings, Share) in QFX format. For my VISA account, I can download transactions in OFX (NOT QFX - that isn't offered) format and then edit one line in the resulting file with a text editor (TextEdit on my Mac). I change the line that has

<FID></FID>

to <FID>10360</FID> .

Once that's done, I can tell Quicken to import the file and it will put the transactions into the account where they belong.

• Joe Roksewicz
    Joe Roksewicz Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Wonderboy…thanks for the info. I will try this tonight!!!

• Joe Roksewicz
    Joe Roksewicz Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Wonderboy…Your solution didn't work for me. I did as you suggested and when I tried to import the QFX (converted from OFX) into Quicken, I received the following error.

• Joe Roksewicz
    Joe Roksewicz Member ✭✭✭
    Options

This worked!! Replace FID in the OFX file with the following and save it as a QFX file:

<FI>
    			<ORG>PENTAGON FEDERAL CREDIT UNION</ORG>
    			<FID>10360</FID>
    		</FI>
    		<INTU.BID>10360</INTU.BID>
    		<INTU.USERID>10360</INTU.USERID>

• Wonderboy
    Wonderboy Member ✭✭
    Options

Joe R:

I took that 10360 FID value from a QFX file I downloaded for a deposit account. I am NOT an HTML whiz by any measure.

The OFX file had this FI block:

<FI>
    <ORG>PenFed</ORG>
    <FID></FID>
    </FI>

The QFX file had this:

<FI>
    <FID>10360</FID>
    </FI>

All I can say is that it worked for me to just insert the FID value. Others who are better with HTML may be more helpful. Sorry it didn't work for you.

• Wonderboy
    Wonderboy Member ✭✭
    Options

I didn't change the file type suffix from .OFX to .QFX, by the way. Left it as it was.

• mcjennings
    mcjennings Member ✭✭
    Options

I used Joe R's method (edit OFX as he shows and save as QFX file) and it worked for my Visa transactions. However, I'm not doing that every time. Have stopped using PenFed card and switched to another we have that works fine with Quicken. Will wait and see if this gets fixed and then decide whether to move back to PenFed or not. Might not since the Rewards program with PenFed is weak. One big negative is that you can't apply rewards to card balances.

• Joe Roksewicz
    Joe Roksewicz Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    This worked. Find FID in OFX file and replace as follows: 

<FI>
    			<FID>10360</FID>
    		</FI>
    		<INTU.BID>10360</INTU.BID>
    		<INTU.USERID>10360</INTU.USERID>

• mikek753b
    mikek753b Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

no, manual download for each PenFed account and extra edit for the OFX just isn't practical

the same, stopped using PenFed credit card for now

while I have download issue with another finance institution, overall Quicken auto download becomes more and more problematic as many have increased "security" that broke existing download, so till there will be dedicated secure read only API standard I don't see downloads can't be fixed by Quicken only …

Best Regards
This discussion has been closed.