Pentagon PenFed Credit Union PFCU - CC-502 (QWin)

Options

Answers

• Smart_VAH
    Smart_VAH Member ✭✭
    Options

@Krakat You are correct. I have a few more financial dealings/accounts that could screw me badly if I don't track them directly, more often. I don't expect these accounts/transactions to be downloaded in a Quicken-compatible format, just like Credit Cards can only do QIF (yuck!; this was way back in early 2000's). I have opened an email channel with PFCU to voice high concerns and disappointment. Fingers crossed for resolution.

• Smart_VAH
    Smart_VAH Member ✭✭
    Options

I am not sure if there are any Mac users that access PFCU login via Safari. It was a revelation to me that this browser is somehow NOT fully compatible with transaction download formats. For example, the Credit Card transactions will NOT download in ANY file formats! It however can work for Checking/Savings entries (QFX files). That is certainly a PFCU screwup - their recent changes to the portal must have been half-baked.

• brian_ecom
    brian_ecom Member ✭✭
    Options

@Quicken Jasmine last update was almost a month ago. I think your customers deserve more updates than monthly.

• brian_ecom
    brian_ecom Member ✭✭
    Options

Ticket #10554198 @Quicken Anja, it's almost a month since your last update, customers deserve better than this.

• Wonderboy
    Wonderboy Member ✭✭
    Options

Do “we” know what methods other than screen scraping - if any - Quicken uses with other financial institutions?

• stan05482
    stan05482 Member ✭✭
    Options

@Smart_VAH - what email address are you corresponding with? Perhaps if we flood the inbox it will get more attention. The last time this happened PenFed Customer Service told me to write a letter to the Board, which I did.

• Krakat
    Krakat Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Wonderboy I not sure, but I think direct connection is different? When mine accomplishes one step update the direct connections are done first and then the web connections are accomplished as a group. It would be interesting to understand how the process work.

• Krakat
    Krakat Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

This is the email address I used with board PFCU pfcubdchairmanemails@penfed.org

• mikek753b
    mikek753b Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

What PenFed or Quicken need to do to enable more reliable and secure Direct Connect? Instead of WebConnect or web page scraping?

Is it licensed Direct Connect protocol and by whom?

Long time ago PenFed replied to me they don't want to pay for Direct Connect, so they dropped Direct Connect, this is what I remember, is it correct and true statement?

Does Quicken charges PenFed or other Banks and CU for Direct Connect? if it isn't Quicken then who charges for Direct Connect?

I just try to understand where all those are going?

PenFed doesn't want to pay to PenFed?

Quicken doesn't want to provide Direct Connect for free?

Quicken doesn't want to pay to PenFed or to someone else?

As we pay to Quicken for this promised online auto download service, I expect to get it's working.

Moving from PenFed completely isn't an option for me, PenFed Credit cards have the best cashback, 5% for gas as example, Certificates rates are at the top 10 most of the time, lover car and etc credit rates.

can we get definitive answer for this situation from Quicken? @Quicken Jasmine , @Quicken Anja please clarify for this matter, or let us know who to ask for the clarification? please.

BTW - my top auto update don't work , those are PenFed and Treasury Direct.

Best Regards
  • CapeFlyer
    CapeFlyer Member ✭✭
    Options

Not only can't I download my PenFed transactions into Quicken, I am also unable to update my four account balances - savings, cd and 2 credit cards - into my Fidelity investments Full View module!!

• Krakat
    Krakat Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@CapeFlyer Probably the same reason you can't update your Fidelity as why we can't update Quicken.

• vickiec51
    vickiec51 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options

I haven't started using Quicken. I don't even know how. However, I am having issues even signing into PenFed. I click on the sign in button and nothing happens. The tab at the top keeps swirling and swirling. Only once did it time out. But anything to do with PenFed doesn't download into my computer. I cannot open up to get on to the PenFed website. Because I can't sign in. Something is wrong with Pened and I need to get to the bottom of it.

[Edited for Readability]

• Krakat
    Krakat Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@vickiec51 I only have issues with Quicken. I can go to PenFed website with no issues. Quicken is giving me CC-502 error. If you can go on you web browser and login you have an issue between you and PenFed. Call PenFed. As with Quicken currently we all are probably having issues. Here is link on manually downloading transactions from PenFed. https://home.penfed.org/help/s/article/Downloading-Transaction-History?language=en_US#:~:text=Log%20in%20to%20PenFed%20Online,All%20%2D%20downloads%20all%20available%20transactions.

• Xbrit1
    Xbrit1 Member
    Options

PenFed are over for me I CANNOT in this day and age be hand typing my transactions into the Quicken register.

Even if Pen Fed will no longer allow "screen scraping"?? they could at least provide a functioning DL for my transactions.

Completley useless - I am going to use another credit card and toss PenFed to the curb.

• GregInMI
    GregInMI Member ✭✭
    Options

I just talked to PenFed service agent and confirmed they have dropped all support for Quicken.

I informed them of my intent to close all my PenFed accounts and promptly initiated a transfer to make my point.

Anyone have a bank to recommend with good savings rates and cashback card benefits?

PenFed is a hard combination to beat, but I am not going to be manually handling all my PenFed financial transactions.

• ernievjr40
    ernievjr40 Member ✭✭
    Options

Message for Quicken Anja: You keep repeating that this is an ongoing issue and are working on it. You have been saying that for the last 2 or 3 months. How long is too long? We pay to be able to use Quicken and it turns out we really can't. Until this problem is fixed you should give all your customers that use PenFed as one of their financial institutions a six month extension to their subscription. Period.

• RoadBlock
    RoadBlock Member ✭✭
    Options

I like your suggestion to give us extra credit when known issues cannot be resolved in a timely manner.

• RoadBlock
    RoadBlock Member ✭✭
    Options

wells Fargo has a card that gives a 2% rebate anywhere, but I cannot find a card that matches the PenFed 5% rebate at the gas pump.

• Smart_VAH
    Smart_VAH Member ✭✭
    Options

In the past few days I established a support ticket/case with PFCU to have them commit in writing if there's any solution to downloading problems via Quicken. I got the 'useless' templated response which we all are familiar with and contemptuous of. Then I escalated with a direct message to the Chairman, Board of Gov with specifics. Exchanged communications = (verbatim extract): PFCU sent '. . . .After careful consideration, PenFed has decided not to allow the collection of data through screen-scraping at this time; therefore, connecting to those type of programs, such as Quicken, Mint, and Ramp may be blocked. Applications that use alternative means of data collection are still allowed and should work as intended. . . ' My reply '. . . .I was expecting a customized response to the points I had included in my email chain, rather than a standard templated one. I am now including the following specific points for your focused review and response: 2) For PFCU Visa transactions, the only file format for downloading was QIF, not QFX. There are problems in working with QIF files with the latest version of Quicken. . . .' In response, '. . . .Credit card transactions unfortunately cannot be downloaded into a QFX file. The available file types are CSV, QIF, OFX, and Excel. For further guidance, please see Downloading Transaction History . . . .' Here's a question for the experts: When downloads were working did VISA transactions use QIF or QFX formats? How were they 'correctly' processed then that is not possible now?

• dkaleita
    dkaleita Member ✭✭
    Options

Sam’s Club Master Card currently works with Quicken, pays 5% on all Gasoline purchases, and pays 3% for Dining and Travel. But of course, you have to pay an annual membership fee to get that card.

• ekg
    ekg Member ✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

For the past several weeks Pen Fed has not been downloading to Quicken. It seems like this happens every year. Is anyone else having this issue … AGAIN?

[Merged Post]

• johnwhagen
    johnwhagen Member ✭✭
    Options

I can't even reset my accounts or re-establish a connection. If I have to manually download transactions, why do I need quicken?

On another note I just tried to download my transactions from PenFed (because Quicken is impotent) and PenFed never asks where to save the transactions. It just goes back to the menu.

It sure would be nice if programmers would CHECK THEIR WORK before releasing updates. SMH!!

• Krakat
    Krakat Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

@johnwhagen by chance is the downloaded transactions from PenFed automatically downloaded into your default location for your web browser? You may have already read this from PenFed https://home.penfed.org/help/s/article/Downloading-Transaction-History?language=en_US#:~:text=Log%20in%20to%20PenFed%20Online,All%20%2D%20downloads%20all%20available%20transactions.

• Bushmaster225
    Options

I been having this problem for a while now also. Tried resetting accounts and now I can't get PenFed to reactivate. Not the first time this has happen over the years.

• LR Eagle
    LR Eagle Member ✭✭
    Options

Seems that PENFED needs to take lessons from other large institutions such as USAA Bank, Regions Bank, Chase credit cards, CITI credit cards and AMEX credit card. These work fine with Quicken.

• NorCal geek
    NorCal geek Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks for the update Krakat. Penfed should have had the new feature ready before disabling their Quicken download. Its easy for me to quit Penfed and move to another bank - there are plenty of them. But unfortunately, no real good alternatives to Quicken. The silence from Quicken while they continue to collect the subscription fees is grossly irresponsible.

• Wonderboy
    Wonderboy Member ✭✭
    Options

actually, my credit card now appears on the main download page. So I tried it. It imported all the charges I asked for, but as payments, not charges. It also did not recognize them as duplicates that were already in Quicken.

• Krakat
    Krakat Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@NorCal geek I call quicken and so far I have received 1 month free. Will be calling again to see about additional subscription compensation.

This discussion has been closed.