Pentagon PenFed Credit Union PFCU - CC-502 (QWin)

Options

Answers

• Krakat
    Krakat Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I have disconnected all my PenFed accounts. It does speed up daily updates. I’m using the slow work around for the credit cards and hopefully PenFed gets this QFX format corrected. Received email for Quicken on Price Increase! Called and complained on not being able to update my accounts, why should I have to pay the subscription fee. They gave me 2 more months free, so I have received 3 months extension to my current subscription. If everyone does this maybe they will put some resources to get PenFed and Quicken working together again. The first person I talked to made a comment that there were new banking guidelines they rolled out that has affected many financial institutions and things weren’t tested before implementing! So raise the prices on customers that can’t use the Update accounts within Quicken. Fix the problem - Quicken & PenFed.

• mikek753b
    mikek753b Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

The PenFed isn't just one CU with online updates issues for me, I've had update issues with another CU Patelco CU - throws CC-501 on me for past 2 weeks

As Quicken doesn't control online access as it's 3rd party Intuit service to Quicken, and Quicken isn't Intuit any more.

So we can complain to Quicken as we want, but it isn't under Quicken (company / product) control, so I don't see what else Quicken can do? just IMHO.

Best Regards
  • Krakat
    Krakat Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@mikek753b you are correct that Intuit is the backbone but there has to be a working relationship and fees that Quicken pays to Intuit. But Quicken will raise prices for a product that isn’t working. Just come out and say Quicken is no longer supporting the following institutions……

• waymck56
    waymck56 Member ✭✭
    Options

Still getting the CC-502 error downloading transactions from PenFed. This ontop of issues caused by an update to Quicken around Nov 10 where transactions were not being downloaded from any institution and entered into the register. Why is there so many issues with Quicken? When is the CC-502 issue going to be resolved with PenFed? I've been using Quicken since 1990s, support now is horrible and Quicken has the audacity to send out notifications to state subscription is increasing $1.00 per month for horrible support, ongoing issues, updates that break the product and take weeks to resolve.

• stan05482
    stan05482 Member ✭✭
    Options

I wrote a letter to the Board and am giving up on PenFed accounts. Both Wells Fargo and Synchrony Bank have 2% cash back/$0 annual fee cards - same as PenFed. And both work with Quicken.

• RoadBlock
    RoadBlock Member ✭✭
    Options

And Sam’s Club card gives 5% on gas, 1st $6k/yr

• nmayben
    nmayben Member ✭✭
    edited January 4
    Options

trying it now!

UPDATE: looks to be working, I linked it to my manual accounts

• dhenderson67
    dhenderson67 Member ✭✭
    Options
  • jmgloude
    jmgloude Member ✭✭
    Options

I also relinked my 8 accounts. Took 3 minutes to find accounts and 4 minutes to relink.

• stan05482
    stan05482 Member ✭✭
    Options

Success! Thanks for the heads up!

• dkaleita
    dkaleita Member ✭✭
    Options

looks like it is working again for me as well.

• hansenb40
    hansenb40 Unconfirmed ✭✭✭
    Options

I was able to link my accounts again.

What I find very annoying is that when the accounts are relinked any account that I used Web Connect to import transactions and reconciled and has new downloaded transactions, the opening balance is modified to include a deposit that equals the sum of the transactions that were downloaded (duplicates of transactions I have already reconciled)

Drives me nuts, but the reconcile after the download doesn't reconcile but I at least know what to look for.

Good luck!

• Wonderboy
    Wonderboy Member ✭✭
    Options

I, too, was able to reconnect my accounts and get an update. I had to use "Pentagon FCU" as the Financial Institution name, not "Pentagon Federal Credit Union."

• Krakat
    Krakat Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 4
    Options

I tried with Pentagon FCU and get Sorry, we encountered an error. It's not your fault. Tried 3 times… same. Tried Pentagon Federal Credit Union same Sorry…. not your fault. Tried also on my spouse's computer same thing.

• Smart_VAH
    Smart_VAH Member ✭✭
    Options

@derekpc Thanks for the breaking and breakthrough news! I just successfully relinked my PFCU accounts in Win 11 OS, Q-for-Win setup. Based on earlier Q-support suggestions, I DEACTIVATED EACH account entry, and then reset the online connection (to EXISTING rather than ADD new account). It might be worthwhile to clear cache, and download the latest Q-version (if necessary) before reconnecting. I was able to update all accounts, though I need to reconcile balances carefully- quite a bit of discrepancy. Hope others have similar success stories to report! Thank you Quicken for doing what it takes to resolve a significant issue. Hope this will more long lasting than before!!

• dunton
    dunton Member ✭✭
    Options

Mine stopped working on 11/11/23 it was back working this morning 1/4/24. What you have to do is go to account list & deactivate online services for ALL of your PenFed accounts 1st. Then reactivate on line services for 1 of your PenFed accounts. You just need to do 1 Quicken will then find the other accounts. The search for accounts takes time just be patient. After the down load to the right of each account you will have a drop down box allowing you to link the "NEW" account to the existing one in Quicken.

• Krakat
    Krakat Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I tried deactivating and still can't get them reconnected. Tried adding new account and also tried to connect from an actual account. I get Oops can't connect to Pentagon FCU. I Will try in the morning… Maybe everyone is so excited they have overwhelmed the system 🤣

• Marc
    Marc Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks for the update. That did the trick to reconnect.

• NorCal geek
    NorCal geek Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks. It started working for me too (I did deactivate online step and reactivated. That step took a long time - not sure why)

• Krakat
    Krakat Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Still unable to connect my accounts - deactivated tried reactivating and says connection problem not my fault… Tried activating as new account and within a current account. Maybe it's a just a time thing.

• Smart_VAH
    Smart_VAH Member ✭✭
    Options

@Krakat The difficulties cited by you in relinking the PFCU accounts in One Step update are a bit unusual. I was thinking of the following factors to consider: (1) is the 2-factor authentication active in your PFCU settings? This can also be confirmed by browser-login (preferably native Win OS one) to PFCU., (2) is it possible to empty out the Win OS Temp folder/cache, (3) any active Anti-virus/ scanning/Cookies block settings against PFCU, and, the extreme step of, (4) restore a Quicken Backup file just before the link broke down. The time to refresh/relink is 'more than a few secs/mins', I waited it out for >5 mins at my internet speeds. If you have tried any/all of these, it might be time to call up Q-support for assistance (with log files upload etc.). ATB in getting your issue(s) resolved quickly.

• Krakat
    Krakat Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Smart_VAH I haven't been able to connect with PenFed since Mid October. I have been manually downloading QFX files for the past couple of months. No 2-factor authentication changes as I can log in with my browser with no issues. Wouldn't want to restore a back up from early October since too much data for all my accounts to get correctly back into my accounts. I cleared Windows\temp folder. No blocking of Norton I even temporary disabled firewall and auto-protect. Using PenFed FCU - comes back in around 3-4 minutes comes back we encountered an error - it's not your fault. Same thing is happening on my spouse's computer. I'll give it until next week.

• jschumann888
    jschumann888 Member ✭✭
    Options

My experience:

Last Night (1/4/24) I disconnected all accounts, went to add account and selected Pentagon FCU and attempted to connect. No go. Tried a second time and it went through. Too a while. Had to select connect to existing accounts, no big deal. So then I went to reconcile and had a error on the balance excatly opposite what the balance should be. Problem was PFCU added an opening balance amount as the starting balance. Deleted that and all was well. Note, it does take a long tome to find accounts, then another long time to get the transactions.

So Today (1/5/24) I connected and I got a to of line items that were already reconciled. Deleted those in the new transactions (leaving reconciled items alone) and it balanced OK. It did take some time to download. Will see what happens tomorrow.

• mikek753b
    mikek753b Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Why Quicken changes account opening balance by force, without asking for the confirmation?

This is R transaction, it should NOT be updated.

But, Quicken just does it regardless.

Best Regards
  • NorCal geek
    NorCal geek Member ✭✭
    Options

The downloads are painfully slow - so this problem has not been really solved. Also, the second time I downloaded, it downloaded old transactions. So buggy and not workable yet.

• mark.granoff
    mark.granoff Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Glad to report that I too was able to reconnect my PenFed accounts. I use the first choice in the matches for "PenFed" in the Add Account workflow. (I had already disconnected the accounts from online downloads.) I am pleased to report that for my PenFed Visa, only new transactions were downloaded (i.e. none that were previously entered or reconciled), and after accepting those transactions, the account reconciled without issue, which honestly surprised me given others' reports of updated opening balances and such.) I guess your mileage may vary here; lots of variables not the least of which is each of our particular data files! Glad this is largely resolved (I'm not yet claiming victory; is anyone?). I'm also pleased that PenFed saw the error of their ways and put some value on retaining AND pleasing customers. It's a win folks!

• Joe Roksewicz
    Joe Roksewicz Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 1
    Options

They are saying this issue has been resolved …… but not for me!!!

• Krakat
    Krakat Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 1
    Options

@Joe Roksewicz it’s NOT fixed for my husband nor my Quicken and we have 2 computers. Just tried on both using both Pentagon and PenFed choices. I know it connected as I intentionally put wrong password in for my husband’s and came back oops password is wrong. Then put in correct password. I’m still getting CC-502 errors on both computers.

• Joe Roksewicz
    Joe Roksewicz Member ✭✭✭
    Options

@Krakat I also tried both Pentagon Federal choices and both returned CC-502 errors.

This discussion has been closed.