Anyone having trouble logging in to RBC Wealth Management USA?

Options
joyce w
joyce w Member ✭✭

I have this issue every few weeks. I am able to log in on the website but Quicken is having connection issues. Error code 16503.

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @joyce w,

After further review of the internal error that you are experiencing, I can see that you are receiving an FDP-103 with your RBC Wealth Management USA account(s). This error is displayed when there are outdated login credentials stored in Quicken for Mac and/or the Keychain app. You may follow this link to access a FAQ that provides more information as well as some troubleshooting steps. It is recommended to save a backup before proceeding (just in case).

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• joyce w
    joyce w Member ✭✭
    Options

My error code is 16503. Just the same, I tried the steps in the provided link. It did not fix the problem. I contacted support and shared my screen. They said that there was nothing that they could do and I should take it up with RBC. After deleting the connection, it seems that the log in works to add the account, because there is a connection with RBC and it shows all my accounts. I link with the existing accounts and then it's the second connection where Quicken goes back to RBC to download the information that fails.

• joyce w
    joyce w Member ✭✭
    Options

Called RBC. They said that they are aware of the problem and are working on it.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @joyce w,

Thank you for coming back to update us.

Please do not hesitate to reach out with any further questions or concerns.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Robert Searl
    Robert Searl Member ✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

Can't direct connect for a week now…log in credentials and account association is fine (even re-did all of that) are fine, but the ability to download transactions is not possible. Apparently RBC and Quicken are playing kickball.

• Robert Searl
    Robert Searl Member ✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

Same here…and I am Quicken MAC…over a week! Unfortunately, I tried Quicken Connect, and after it (successfully) connected and I had to reassociate all my accounts. That worked, but then it made new accounts and lost all of my previously downloaded transactions as it had transformed the accountant to simple balance only (Quicken Connect)! Do not do that! [Edited - Readability] I had to restore from backup to again get my previous transactions. That put me back to where I was anyway. Still no transactions available since Oct 20!

[Merged Post]

• STFquick
    STFquick Member
    edited October 2023
    Options

RBC Still not working. Same thing happened as did to Robert Searl. Definitely on Quicken. Problem occurs every October when quicken does a major release. Need to step up your QA quicken. You should never roll out a new release until you test it with every institution

[Merged Post]

• STFquick
    STFquick Member
    edited October 2023
    Options

According to RBC, it is a quicken issue which quicken is working on. Well aware it is a back end server issue but this did not occur until immediately after the quicken classic update. Whether it was a major or minor release it doesn't matter. THe bud was triggered by the release. Further with testing tools and automation, it is more than feasible to qa all registered institutions. There are many platforms that do so.

[Merged Post]

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

The bug was triggered by the release.

@STFquick Actually it wasn't. The problem affected both Quicken Mac and Quicken Windows users at the same time, and there weren't simultaneous updates to both programs. In fact, the latest Mac update occurred in early October, well before this problem surfaced. It's a back-end server problem, and the fix will take place there, not with an update to the desktop program.

As for whether Quicken could test not only connecting to but downloading transactions from more than 14,000 financial institutions before every program update, we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Further with testing tools and automation, it is more than feasible to qa all registered institutions. There are many platforms that do so.

This statement is incorrect and shows that this person doesn't understand where Quicken and Quicken Inc fall into this process.

Quicken Inc pays Intuit for "connection services". Whereas in extreme cases Quicken Inc will get involved and try to push the parties that are responsible to fix the problem, they are in fact the "customer" not the "provider". You are the customer of a customer of a service. They do not maintain direct relationships with all of these financial institutions. That is Intuit's job. Quicken Inc is way too small of a company to maintain such relationships.

And the fact that one can automate such testing is missing one very important fact. To do such a test, they would need an account (or multiple accounts if the financial institution supports different account types) on every single supported financial institution's site. Just maintaining those accounts would be a huge job, one that I don't think even Intuit would take on.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • jacobs
    Options

And the fact that one can automate such testing is missing one very important fact. To do such a test, they would need an account (or multiple accounts if the financial institution supports different account types) on every single supported financial institution's site. Just maintaining those accounts would be a huge job, one that I don't think even Intuit would take on.

Having an account at each institution could allow testing to see if Quicken (Intuit) can log in, to reveal if there's a basic connection/authentication problem — and I agree that Intuit probably isn't geared up for that. But it's important to note that that's not enough to detect many connectivity problems. They would need to see if transactions download correctly. Which means there would need to be new dummy transactions added monthly in testing accounts at the 14,000+ financial institutions. Which would require cooperation and standardized procedures for every financial institution, so Intuit could test the accounts monthly. Not. Gonna. Happen!

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@jacobs said:

Which would require cooperation and standardized procedures for every financial institution

And there is the ironic twist, if they had that kind of cooperation then the easiest fix for most of the connection problems would be to have one standard for all financial institutions, which they don't have currently.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Mdluk1
    Mdluk1 Member
    Options

I don’t know who is at fault but I do know it is still not working. Quicken is the product and should be leading the fix!

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, if you haven't done so already, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached and (if you are willing) a sanitized copy of your data file in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience!

Thank you.    

(CTP-8057)

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• jacobs
    Options

@Mdluk1 said: I don’t know who is at fault but I do know it is still not working. Quicken is the product and should be leading the fix!

(a) You don't know what efforts or pressure Quicken may be engaged in behind the scenes.

(b) If the issue is completely out of Quicken's control, they can't "lead the fix." They can follow-up, they can pester, they can bug and complain and beg… but it's still out of their hands.

While this financial institution is, rightly, your sole concern, it's likely that at any given time, Intuit has a queue of a few hundred connectivity issues. You may feel this should be their top priority, but a Fidelity customer who can't get transactions feels that should be their top priority, and a customer of West Podunk Credit Union feels their issue should be at the top of the list… I'm sure they do some prioritization based on the customer base of the financial institution, but beyond that, it often depends on how many other issues may be in the queue from earlier, how complex the fix is, whether the fix requires any changes/cooperation from the financial institution, and whether the financial institution is actively engaged or treating it as a low priority. Quicken customers never get any insight into all of this behind the curtain; while it may seem nothing is being done, it's likely that something is being done — but we don't know what.

This discussion has been closed.