Elan Financial Problems reconciling to Online Balance

Options

Is anyone else having a problem reconciling to an online balance to Elan Financial (Fidelity Rewards Credit Card) accounts? My online balance in Quicken is showing up as an integer - it always ends in 0 cents. However, on the website, it does show the cents to my current balance. It make reconciling impossible, because I'm always off by whatever my current cents are on the Elan Website.

Example: My current balance is $187.43, but in Quicken, it shows my "Online balance" as -$187.00.

This seems to be since whatever the sync problems were with Elan were "fixed," because it didn't happen before.

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @steveisntbatman,

To help you troubleshoot this issue, could you please provide more information? When did you first notice this issue? Which version of Quicken were you using when it started? Are there any pending transactions (which would reflect on Elan's website, but would not yet show up in Quicken) that would account for the difference between the Current balance on the website and the Online balance in Quicken? Also, to clarify, in your example, it looks like you are seeing a negative Online balance in Quicken. Is that correct, or is it still a positive number, but with the cents rounded off? Would you be willing to post a screenshot of what you are seeing (with personal information blurred or obscured)? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

There is a known issue with Elan and Fidedelity Rewards Card where when the account is set up (or reactivated) the online balance will drop the cents. This has been occurring since last December.

Usually, the issue will self-resolve within 12-24 hrs when running OSU, again.

Once in a while it does not self resolve. What has worked for me and others is to Deactivate/Reactivate the account online set up. The 1st time the cents will usually be dropped. But try running OSU again the next day. Most have said the issue will self resolve. You might want to try doing this if you have not already done so.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• steveisntbatman
    Options

@Boatnmaniac This is incredibly helpful. You say it's a "known issue." I don't doubt that, but I searched (here and Google) to try to find something and couldn't find anything. Any tips on where or how I should have looked would be super helpful. I'll give it 24 hours and try again. I had already deactivated/reactivated (that's how I got here in the first place.)

@Quicken Kristina This just started up yesterday after a reactivation to reconnect which was broken during the Elan Financial issue that was supposedly resolved on the 26th. I'm using Quicken Classic Premier R52.33 Build 27.1.52.33. It is 100% not a missing transaction. It is simply dropping the cents and reporting a "whole dollar" online balance which does not match the online balance shown on the Fidelity Rewards website.

• Boatnmaniac
    edited November 2023
    Options

@steveisntbatman - The key to finding discussions on various subjects try to identify a few key words that would describe it. Then enter those words in the Search field above. (If you do not see the Search field, click on Community Homepage, Discussions or Categories at the top of the screen.)

In this case you might want to enter Elan dropped cents or Elan online balance in the Search field. This will then return some of the many discussions in this forum on this issue since last December.

(FYI, this dropped cents issue is totally unrelated to the Elan download issues of Sep and earlier this month.)

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    edited October 2023
    Options

Thank you for your replies @steveisntbatman and @Boatnmaniac,

I forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached and (if you are willing) a sanitized copy of your data file in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience!

Thank you.    

(CTP-8059)

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

I've reported this issue on multiple occasions since last Dec. I believe others have as well. But the issue remains. Not everyone experiences the dropped-cents Online Balance upon account set up or reactivation but it's a fairly common issue. And the resolution is almost always the same…wait 12-24 hrs and run OSU or Update Now again which will often fix the Online Balance. And when it doesn't, then deactivate/reactivate again and if the cents are dropped from the Online Balance, again, wait another 12-24 hrs to run OSU or Update Now to see if it will resolve then.

This has only happened with Elan Financial Services and Fidelity Rewards Credit Card FIs (at least from what I've seen posted in this forum). I seem to recall (but I could be mistaken) that there was an Alert posted about this when this first started back last Dec (or was it Nov?). But the issue never was fixed. I just keep posting what the fix is.

I'm not sure what my providing the log files will tell your development team because the issue went away for me nearly a month ago and I've run OSU or Update Now at least 40-50 times since then. But if you think it will help, I'll go ahead and do that.

• mike28
    mike28 Member ✭✭
    Options

I noticed this problem this morning when I tried to reconcile. Deactivate/reactivate didn't help. I'll send in my logs but my data file is too big.

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

Try running OSU, again, tomorrow. Do not deactivate/reactivate prior to doing it.

• mike28
    mike28 Member ✭✭
    Options

Still a problem one month later…

• MikeZNC
    MikeZNC Member ✭✭
    Options

Been having the same problem with Elan/Quicken downloading the bank balance and dropping the cents and the bank balance always ending in $ .00. This has been going on for several months now.

• bmds
    bmds Member ✭✭
    Options

I'm sort of amazed at Quicken's refusal to publicly comment on this issue, all the while closing out similar complaints in other threads without comment. I too have reported this on more than one occasion with no feedback from Quicken. But they didn't miss charging my credit card for my subscription again……

Sign me Frustrated

• MikeZNC
    MikeZNC Member ✭✭
    Options

Yes, again just this morning I was reconciling my accounts / Quicken and this problem continues.

It's been going on for months as I said in a prior post.

and yes, bmds, Quicken had no problem charging my credit card a week or so ago also!!!!

Don't you wish they were as efficient with fixing problems as they are at billing.

I guess you could say this entire problem makes no "cents"

• benb408
    benb408 Member ✭✭
    Options

I too have been dealing with this. I deactivated and reactivated one of my accounts and now it thinks things are fine but won't download any new transactions and the balance is still wrong.

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

For those of you who are still having an issue with Elan downloads: There is a new option that has come into play within the last month but it has only been working (for me) for the last nearly 2 weeks.

The old Fidelity Rewards Credit Card set up link is no longer available. It has been replaced with one that connects directly to Fidelity Investments with the EWC+ connection link.

1. Before proceeding make sure you have entered the Opening Balance transaction dollar amount into the Memo field of that transaction and then backup up your file.
    2. Make sure your Elan account set up in Quicken is deactivated.
    3. Assuming you already have an online account with Fidelity Investments: Do Add Account and select Fidelity - Investments & Retirement Accounts.
    4. You will be taken to the Fidelity Investments website for authorization.
    5. Sign in with your current FidelityInvestments.com UserID and PW.
    6. During the authorization process you should be provided a list of all your accounts there. Make sure you select only your credit card account. If you select other investment accounts you will lose your Direct Connect connections for those accounts so do not select them.
    7. When the authorization process is completed you should be taken back to Quicken. If you are not automatically taken back to Quicken, you can close the webpage and go there yourself.
    8. You should then see a prompt asking you what to do with the downloaded data. Make sure the TYPE and NICKNAME are correct. If they are not, try to correct them before proceeding. If you cannot correct them, cancel the Add Account process and try from the start, again.
    9. Make sure the download is Linked to your current credit card account in Quicken.
    10. Click OK.

Your account should now be set up with Fidelity Investments for download. Check your account balance to ensure it is accurate.

• If it is not, check the Opening Balance transaction dollar amount to see if it matches what you previously entered into the Memo field. If not, change the dollar amount to match what you'd earlier entered into the Memo field.
    • Scroll back from the current date to see if there are any duplicate transactions. If you find any, delete the duplicates. You might need to scroll back about 90 days to see if there any duplicates that need to be deleted.

I have been testing this setup for the Fidelity Rewards Visa card for the last 2 weeks and it is working well. Hopefully it will for you, as well.

This discussion has been closed.