Cancel scheduled updates

Options

I setup automatic updates using Schedule Updates… feature from Tools dropdown list. How can I turn this off? The setup screen won't allow me to deselect all days of the week. Best I can do is get it to automatically update on just one.

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @SavingMy$$,

Please check to make sure the 4 checkboxes on the left-hand side of the Scheduled Updates settings screen are unchecked (see screenshot below).

If any of these boxes are checked, it will require you to select at least 1 day of the week to be selected as well. If they are all unchecked, it should allow you to click OK without any weekdays checked.

Hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Why can't you do TOOLS, Schedule Updates and just UNcheck everything? What happens?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @SavingMy$$,

Please check to make sure the 4 checkboxes on the left-hand side of the Scheduled Updates settings screen are unchecked (see screenshot below).

If any of these boxes are checked, it will require you to select at least 1 day of the week to be selected as well. If they are all unchecked, it should allow you to click OK without any weekdays checked.

Hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja

• davis.mc
    davis.mc Member ✭✭
    Options

Quicken Anja,

That doesn't work. You get a message "You must select at least one day and time combination to schedule an update."

What the OP asked just like I want to know…how to stop it and turn it off? What you posted does not work.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @davis.mc,

The process Quicken Anja provided should work. If you are still getting that error message, please check to make sure all accounts and all online services are unselected.

If you've made sure all accounts and all online services are unselected and it's still giving you that error message, please try closing the Quicken program, waiting approximately 5 seconds, then reopening the program. Once it comes back up, go to Tools>Schedule Updates and try unselecting everything again.

If the issue persists after that, try restarting your computer, and test to see if that resolves the issue.

Please let me know how it goes!

Quicken Kristina

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I believe the Catch-22 here is the "At [xx.xx AM]" field.
    There appears to be no way to blank out this field, therefore one cannot cancel Scheduled Updates.

• davis.mc
    davis.mc Member ✭✭
    Options

I have done all the above that has been mentione yet the situation still persists.

I agree with UKR. There should be a way to not have scheduled updates. This scheduled updates seems to have happened recently. Being a dedicated Quicken user since 1994 i never had this situation.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I remember this to be extremely hard to turn off (always has been for some reason), but I'm not sure where this comes in:

I believe the Catch-22 here is the "At [xx.xx AM]" field.
    There appears to be no way to blank out this field, therefore one cannot cancel Scheduled Updates.

The "At" is a pulldown menu and yes it doesn't have a "no time" setting, but the "On" is "required" to complete the "setting".

The fact that all the "On" check boxes aren't selected should ensure that the scheduled update doesn't happen.

After all, if something doesn't happen on any day of the week, then it doesn't happen (logically speaking).

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.