Have you ever re-gifted a present?

Options
Quicken Jasmine
Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
edited February 17 in The Water Cooler

Hello Everyone and welcome to a wonderful December,

Ah, the art of regifting, my favorite guilty pleasure! Once, I unwrapped a gift, only to find an item that screamed 'perfect for Aunt Kathy' rather than 'me.' So, I tucked it away in my regifting treasure trove, a.k.a. the back of my closet. Fast forward a few months, and voila! Aunt Kathy's birthday arrived. She loved the gift! But of course, didn't you know that a 65-year-old and a 24-year-old are supposed to have the same tastes?? I was not aware.

Now tell me, have any of you ever had a regifting adventure of your own?

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

We have definitely regifted a few times. This usually happens when the kids receive something that they already have. More often than not, it's nerf guns. Doesn't help that they're twins so they already receive 2 of the same thing a lot. So whenever a classmate's birthday party comes up, we look to see which previous gifts haven't been taken out of the package yet and will gift that if we think it's something that classmate would like before we decide to go out and shop for something new. Gift bags are also always reused for birthdays, Christmas, or any other fitting occasion.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

It's pretty rare that I end up in a situation where regifting is appropriate. There have been a few times that Dad forgot he already gave me something for my birthday and he gave it to me again for Christmas. In those instances, I gave the duplicate items to neighbors or co-workers who had a use for them. I do shamelessly reuse gift bags, wrapping paper, bows, etc. (provided that they're in like new condition).

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• davlau1994
    Options

Thanks for the invite!

• Jeff76
    Jeff76 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

We do it with food/candy/wine related gifts that we know other people would like more than us.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

On the other hand … I requested books by Neil deGrasse Tyson for Xmas. I already had 3, and I asked for any of the others.

My wife bought me 3 that I didn't already have. My sister, without knowing what my wife bought, got me 2 more … WITHOUT OVERLAP!

So, I didn't have to return/re-gift any.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• mathminded
    mathminded Member ✭✭
    Options

I re-gift every chance I get 🤣

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I am with @mathminded on this question…

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

This discussion has been closed.