Quicken servers are down again

Options
Danielle Dallaire
Danielle Dallaire Member ✭✭✭

Hi there,

As I have reported many times in the past 4 months, Quicken servers can not validate my renewal and so, I can't download anything. I used Quicken yesterday and it worked just fine. Today, everything is on hold.

I tried the signing off as suggested by Ajah but now, I can't even open my file. There was an update yesterday that took more than an hour to install. I can't tell you which version of Q I have now since I can't access anything.

Loosing so much time waiting for Quicken to start working is a pain in the … And since they seem to wait for someone to make a complaint to start looking into problems, I just wish that somebody responsible would make an announcement on the front page of the community to warn users about a problem occuring. Wouldn't that be great ?

Danielle

User since 1991, Windows 10 canadian version

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @Danielle Dallaire,

To assist with this issue, could you please provide more information? What happens when you try to open Quicken? Is the program not opening at all, or is it acting like it doesn't see a current subscription, or is something else happening? Are you getting any error messages or pop ups? If so, what do they say? Did this issue start immediately after the program updated? If it did, have you tried manually installing the update?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Arctic Hare
    Arctic Hare SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I recommend that you contact Quicken Phone Support for this issue. None of what you have described is normal behaviour.

• Danielle Dallaire
    edited December 2023
    Options

Hi

I currently, I don't have a problem opening Quicken. I has somehow been resolved, I don't know how. The problem I wrote about has occured just once. But for my subscription, it happens when I get that message :

Then, I can't download investments quotes nor bank transactions. What is the problem and why does it occur to me all the time ?

Thank you all

Danielle

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

If you haven't done so already, I would recommend reaching out to Quicken Support directly for further assistance with this issue. The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

If reaching out to Support isn't a viable option, then I'd recommend checking your computer or laptop for anything that may be interfering with communication, since those error messages generally come up when the program can't communicate with the server. For instance, if you have an anti-virus, VPN, and/or firewall active when using Quicken, you may want to try pausing them and see if the issue persists.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Danielle Dallaire Please click HELP, About Quicken. What shows there as your "Membership Valid Thru …" date?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Danielle Dallaire
    Options

September 1st 2023, but I paid it and when I don't receive that screen, it is valid until October 1st 2024.

• Danielle Dallaire
    Options

Hi,

It happens almost every saturday afternoon. What is up ? I stopped Malwarebytes and Windows Defender and nothing helped. My internet is working fine since I can post this. My Wifi works fine too,

I think the problems comes from Quicken servers which are out of function for repairs or whatever. Saturday is a perfect day to update servers.

What about my access ?

Thanks for your insight.

Danielle

• Arctic Hare
    Options

@Danielle Dallaire I use Quicken every Saturday (and every other day of the week for that matter, but I spend the most time on Quicken on Saturdays) in Canada and have never (in 30 years of use) encountered the errors you have indicated you encounter every Saturday. It is not a universal problem.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

There have been a lot of posts about this over the last 2 weeks and I have also experienced it frequently over this time period. There have been multiple symptoms (including the server not being accessible and not being able to connect with the Cloud Account, as well as various error codes, OSU saying it completed but it really did not, not being able to set up accounts, etc.) but they all go back to server issues that Quicken (not Inuit) has been having….at least that is what an email message from the Office of the CEO that someone posted said. That email also said Quicken added 33% server capacity in the last week of Dec which seemed to help for a while but the improvements did not last for more than a few hours or a couple of days.

There are several lengthy threads about it, such as this one:

There was an Alert posted the week of Christmas (UPDATED 12/29/23 One Step Update Issues) that as of Jan 2 says the issue is resolved but for many people posting (including me) it is not. This issue seems to be intermittent and it is not affecting everyone.

For me, Quicken ran pretty well most of last week even though there were intermittent no-server issues. But yesterday evening and this morning I have not been able to connect at all and keep getting that no-server connection issue.

What I have done is to sign out of Quicken and then sign back in. I might have to repeat this several times over a period of time before the connection is restored and I can download, again. Now I am getting an "Invalid Credentials" error telling me I need to create a Quicken.com account. Very frustrating.

I suggest that everyone who is experiencing this issue report it to Quicken via Help > Report A Problem or via Phone or Chat (https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support).

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• Arctic Hare
    Options

Interesting. I just ran a OSU and it ran entirely normally. It ran slowly, but no more slowly than any other time in the last couple years. It did complete and did not generate errors. I can't remember the last time I had to sign our of my Quicken ID.

FWIW, I use OSU for RBC Royal Bank and BMO Bank of Montreal Mastercard (using the Mosaik channel). It is curious why the issue affects some users but not others. I concur with the recommendation that everyone who is experiencing this issue report it to Quicken via Help > Report A Problem.

• Danielle Dallaire
    Options

Thanks for your comments. It helps to know that I am not alone in this.

I did report the problem yesterday via help - report a problem. But as you probably know, nobody will answer back.

I will try signing in today because I was so pissed yesterday, i closed everything including my computer.

Just that you know, I have been reporting problems since last June. And still I paid a new year subscription... so much of my life is in this application. Sad to say, I can't live without it... been using it since 1992. And back then, it was a French application !

Have a nice day

Danielle

• Boatnmaniac
    edited January 7
    Options

Well, I'm not surprised that this is not an issue affecting everyone. Most issues that affect Quicken software and/or the Quicken/Intuit servers usually only affect some users but not all. There are almost always some users posting something like, "Issue? What issue? Quicken is working fine for me."

I started sometimes getting prompted to sign into Quicken about 2-3 months ago but that only happened once in a while. It used to be that almost never happened. But in the last 2 weeks it happens a lot. There have been a fair number of posts about this starting (as I recall it) last summer. I rather doubt that these prompts are all related to the same issue but it makes me wonder if perhaps all those sign in issues reported over last fall and summer might have been early indications of the the Quicken server capacity issues that was mentioned in that email from the Office of the CEO in late-Dec. Well, that's just all my speculation. I could be way off base on this but…..

I'm glad to hear you are not having any such issue right now. After at least a dozen attempts to sign into Quicken this morning (using different data files, opening/closing/reopening Quicken, even rebooting my laptop) I was finally able to connect and update my accounts in my main data file. But then I switched to another data file and once again I was required to sign into Quicken. That worked (but it took a long time) but then I lost that server connection very quickly, even before trying to do OSU.

I hesitate to do any more aggressive troubleshooting because it is likely that this is a temporary issue (it is, after all, a weekend day when server maintenance/repairs are most commonly done). So, I'll just sit tight for the time being.

• Arctic Hare
    Options

Many Quicken issues do only affect a subset of users, but most often there is some obvious differentiation, e.g. the issue only affects Canadian users, or the issue only affects Express Web Connect users, or the issue only affects a particular financial institution, etc. In this case, there is - so far - no obvious differentiation. Hence, I'm curious what the differentiating factor actually is. There must be one, it just isn't obvious.

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

I'm curious what the differentiating factor actually is. There must be one, it just isn't obvious.

I've wondered the same thing. Maybe it's just something as simple as which server each of us is connected to. Or maybe it's the time of the connection…I'm sure server demand varies based upon the time of day. But, my guess is that all of a sudden everything will be working reasonably well for most people, again, and we'll never find out the whole story.

BTW, I just opened Quicken without being prompted to sign in…good! My data file opened and was usable…better! All my version and subscription information is visible….even better! Try to run OSU and got the popup to enter my PW Vault pw….I'm starting to get optimistic! Enter the PW Vault pw and get that "server is not available message"……aaarrrrggg!

Then I decided to try to reset my Cloud Account and got this:

Oh, well. I supposed I'll try, again, later.

• Danielle Dallaire
    Options

😥😥😥😥😥

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

I decided to try something that sometimes works and sometimes doesn't: Sign out out of Quicken and sign back in. It worked…well, at least long enough for OSU to complete. Then the connection to the Cloud Account was lost, again. SMH.

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

I signed out and signed in, again, and this time I was able to complete OSU on 4 additional data files without losing the server connection. I hope tomorrow goes better.

• Danielle Dallaire
    Options

I really think that weekends are for servers updating. Not for customers who work during the week and need their apps during their leisure time, to sort their finances. Maybe some employees have been laid off, like all other big internet companies. We are paying twice for our application. For the subscription AND for the problems we are experiencing with it.

Have a nice week y'all

Danielle

• Arctic Hare
    Options

I think there is some other root cause. I've never encountered the issue and I always use Quicken on the weekends, including doing OSUs. There is some specific issue at play… someone at Quicken or Intuit needs to figure out what it is.

• Danielle Dallaire
    Options

Cross your fingers, it might not happen soon...

This discussion has been closed.