4. Search for your financial institution, select American Express
  5. How should Quicken connect?
  6. Select Quicken Connect
  7. Continue
  8. Sign in to American Express
  9. Select account
  10. Authorize
  11. Return to Quicken
  12. Your accounts have been authorized successfully!
  13. ERROR – Quicken couldn’t find any accounts to add

Help

Comments

• FinleyD21224
    FinleyD21224 Member ✭✭
    Options

I'm in the same boat………been trying for two weeks now! How to fix?

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @DaveDC and @FinleyD21224,

Due to the recent migration of American Express, we recommend contacting Quicken Support for further assistance as an escalation may be in order.

The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

Thanks!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• FinleyD21224
    FinleyD21224 Member ✭✭
    Options

Still no fix, I did a chat session and the agent could not resolve either. There is an update needed here!

• karenewinston
    Options

same problem using quicken classic on a PC

• liuzzi1
    liuzzi1 Member ✭✭
    Options

I am having the same problem. I have two quicken accounts and two amex cards. One is linked to my account I use for business. Until November it would download. Now it will not and if I try to reauthorize I get an error that it cant connect.

• liuzzi1
    liuzzi1 Member ✭✭
    Options

I contacted support and they couldn't figure it out. That was 2 weeks ago, and still no resolution.

• FinleyD21224
    FinleyD21224 Member ✭✭
    Options

Come on quicken………fix this!

• JenKeady
    JenKeady Member
    Options

I've been having the same issue since early Nov. Called and spoke to a customer service rep. Authorized and re-authorized … still not working. Huge issue when you need those individual charges to fall into your P&L. Quicken needs to fix this or I'm going to need to cancel my subscription and find something that works!!

• RGB3
    RGB3 Member ✭✭
    edited January 5
    Options

This has been going on since the end of November. All my Amex accounts are broken in Quicken. Yes, I did all the above. What's worse is the accounts are there and no error messages show up but also no transactions download. So you can't trust what you are seeing and everything has to be checked and manually entered. No guidance, no support, "no ETA" on a fix. Useless!

• FinleyD21224
    FinleyD21224 Member ✭✭
    Options

Agreed. This is unacceptable for Q to not even comment on any actions they may be taking with one of the major credit producers in the world (amex). We know they read these threads……..

• mayan50
    mayan50 Member
    Options

You guys need to fix this AMEX issue. Stop asking users for more information, and putting us through the ringer acting like there are ways for us to resolve the problem on our end. It's BROKEN.

• Mike Waldman
    Mike Waldman Member
    Options

I have encountered the same issue on all credit cards. All online setup information in all cards no longer exists and the program will not allow me to reconnect. All passwords in password vault are gone and program will not allow them to be re-entered even after vault reset. I tried to use an old backup. Restored it and found that online connection appeared to still exist. Upon attempting download the connection disappeared and no data was downloaded. Validating data was no help.

This leads me to believe that the problem is not my data at all; it is the Quicken program itself. I have been using Quicken for almost 40 years and I have never encountered an issue which is seemingly being ignored by Quicken management to the detriment of countless subscribers.

• John Robinson
    John Robinson Member ✭✭
    Options

This is ridiculous. It has now been over a month since I could download Amex. I have had a chat session where they couldn't figure it out. Another chat session where they called me and walked through every possible scenario taking screen-shots and "escalating the issue." I was told I would hear back from them. That was 2 weeks ago and I have heard nothing. I did hear from Quicken that my monthly subscription fee would be going up… For What??? It doesn't work. This is my business American Express account that has significant tax implications. I can't manage it properly because Quicken doesn't work! Hey Quicken… I will say this for the millionth time. The American Express issue started the day they added Captcha to the Amex site.

• doncox
    doncox Member
    Options

Same here (Quicken for Mac), since November-ish. Though I'm checking Quicken every now and then to see if there's a fix, I've moved to a different product. I'll give it to the end of January and then I'm canceling my Quicken subscription. And yes, like others here, I spoke to Quicken and Amex and tried a bunch of things. The one that was closest to connecting as expected was via American Express - Banking (instead of American Express). I suspect that one still allows for the older connection protocol. The new protocol has been failing to allow me to connect to my normal American Express account (also it is a sub account to a main American Express account, so maybe a problem there.) But Quicken doesn't pay me to fix these things. I pay for them to fix these things.

• jazzfade
    jazzfade Member
    Options

New Quicken user as of this week. I have 3 CC's and a checking account with AMEX. Had no issues linking the CC's, after allowing Quicken through Amex's website. At first the checking account was no where to be found, however it did show up after a day or two.

The issue I'm having is adding them as an ebiller. I will login, it asks for a verification code then after a few minutes says it's taking longer than expected. Then it just sits as pending until the end of time. I've attempted to remove it and add it again several times and get the same thing every time.

The weird thing is I can see all the accounts under the main transactions screen and everything is up to date there, which it seems is not working for others. You would think it would be simple for the ebill portion to update as well since all my transactions are right there.

I guess my next step would be removing the accounts from Quicken altogether but I'm worried when I try to add them back I'll have even more issues.

• raymorr2
    raymorr2 Member ✭✭
    Options

Similar issue to jazzfade. Amex transactions seem to be up to date, but ebiller says that it requires one-time verification code to link accounts. Quicken never takes me to amex to get the code. Quicken Classic Deluxe R53.32 build 27.1.53.32 Windows 10 Home.

• dawnm
    dawnm Member
    Options

This is the message I get every time I try to connect my American Express account. I was connected in the past, and just realized my account has not been updating since June! How do I resolve this? It's no use if I can't see all my transactions

• HWANG2010
    HWANG2010 Member ✭✭
    Options

I had to use backup to restore files three days ago. Unable to restore American Express. I receive the attached message. Unable to reach chat.

• Shannon M M
    Shannon M M Member ✭✭
    Options

Following. Similar, but not exactly the same, may be related. When I run the OSU, The Amex Savings always asks to run verification, but then sometimes doesn't send the text or email. Today the summary gave a CC-501 error stating "Unable to update these accounts because of an error on the Quicken server."

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 27
    Options

[I see this discussion is in the Mac area, but there are several related QWin posts as well. I am running QWin.]

I just had a similar experience with American Express credit cards. I recently discovered that no transactions had been downloaded since early December 2023. Normally the account is set to automatically reconcile to the online balance, which would have picked this up immediately, but for some reason that option was un-checked. One step updates appeared to complete successfully; there were no error messages.

Luckily the full bill is paid automatically by my bank each month, s there were no late payments.

Resetting the online services worked correctly, leading me through the reauthorization process. I was able to carefully re-link the accounts to the correct Quicken accounts, and the missing transactions downloaded and matched to the ones I had entered manually.

With the Reconcile to Online Balance option set, the account reconciled as expected after downloading, but it showed a discrepancy of $63.29. I found that Quicken had changed the account's Opening Balance in 2011 had been set to that amount, rather than the correct value of $0.00. After correcting the opening balance, everything appears to be working again.

It would certainly have been nice if there were some sort of error message with each OSU since early December when the transactions did not download

QWin Premier subscription
  • rjayt146
    rjayt146 Member ✭✭
    Options

I'm having the same issue with Qwin Home and Business. I have two AMEX accounts, but the one I use for business has not been able to download any transactions including payments made. A Quicken associate did a reauthorization of the account and a manual download but the automatic download is still dormant. I have reset the account numerous times now and still cannot download a payment made to the account on 1/19/2024. I think a fix is warranted here.

• kbrown914
    kbrown914 Member ✭✭
    edited February 16
    Options

I too have been unable to sync American Express business credit card since December 2023. I am using Quicken Classic on Windows. I have reauthorized at least a dozen times and still no downloads coming through. I do not want to spend an hour on the phone with technical support to just have them do everything I've already done: reauthorized account, deactivated and reactivated, restored prior data file etc… Clearly, this is a quicken issue. When will this be rectified?

• Matthew Guerreiro
    Matthew Guerreiro Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I had the same problem using Quicken for Windows. My wife and I both have several Amex accounts. I was finally able to resolve the issue and successfully connect online to Amex by doing the following:

1. Deactivate online access for each Amex account. Check that the financial institution field on the first tab of the account is blank. You may need to delete the name "American Express" several times for it to remain blank after saving.
    2. Close Quicken and then restart it, checking that all Amex accounts are not enabled for online access and that no financial institution name is designated.
    3. Finally, enable online access for your Amex accounts.

Good luck! I got this to work a few weeks ago and may not have precisely remembered the steps, but it did work at the end.

• FinleyD21224
    FinleyD21224 Member ✭✭
    Options

No dice……

• kbrown914
    kbrown914 Member ✭✭
    Options

Can someone from Quicken please address how to fix AmEx accounts? In one data file (personal), AmEx is syncing fine. In another data file (business), AmEx credit card transactions are not downloading. Again, I've reauthorized account at least a dozen times, deactivated and reactivated at least a half dozen times, restored prior data file etc… I even tried establishing as a brand new account and after initially starting the file and downloading current balance only, no subsequent downloads. What is going on?

• andy2mary
    andy2mary Member ✭✭
    Options

I was getting incomplete downloads for AE. I'm tired of entering the data manually from their website. I finally disconnected from AE via Account Settings in Quicken and now I can't reconnect, see Quicken screenshot.

• dmpham
    dmpham Member ✭✭
    Options

I'm still having this issue as well. I do a lot of business with AMEX. What other options are you all finding outside of quicken that can handle this? I'm moving into the end of the quarter with no resolution.

• DJPhilouis
    DJPhilouis Member ✭✭
    Options

Sorry, but the re-authorization for the Am Ex accounts did not work! I am still only getting transactions for one account, and not the other! I followed these steps left on this forum by Quicken:

"UPDATE 2/17/24

To troubleshoot this issue, please follow the steps below:

1. Backup your Quicken file.
    2. Deactivate all the accounts associated with American Express (AMEX).
    3. Navigate
      to AMEX's website, (https://www.americanexpress.com/), look for
      third-party apps, and unlink Quicken. The steps to locate third-party
      apps within AMEX are below:
      1. Sign in
      2. Account Services
      3. Security and Privacy
      4. Manage third-party permissions
      5. Revoke authorization for Quicken
    4. After the accounts are unlinked, return to Quicken, and attempt to Add the AMEX accounts by using the "+" button.
    5. Carefully relink your AMEX accounts with the corresponding Quicken accounts.

If the issue persists after you have followed these steps, please reach out to Quicken Support for further assistance.

We
    do not have an ETA at this time for a resolution for this issue, though
    our teams continue to work towards a solution. We apologize for any
    inconvenience and thank you for your patience. 

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina"

NO GO! IT DID NOT WORK!

• Masamenos
    Masamenos Member
    Options

I had been receiving the error below when trying to reauthorize my AMEX account. Got in touch with quicken support and it turns out one or more of my Firefox browser extensions was interfering. I turned off the "Privacy Badger" and "HTTPS Everywhere" extensions and the re-authorization worked. Maybe this will help someone else.

• GuyinGwynedd02
    Options

well, on March 16, 2024…after months of not working…finally got Amex to reauthorize. I’m not sure…but the problem might have been that I had 2 AmEx accounts. I unlinked my lesser used account and my main account. Then reauthorized both accounts. Not sure if it was this…or if Quicken fixed the issue. BUT IT WORKS!