I would like to sync Quicken Calendar to Apple Calendar

Options
cmmd_z
cmmd_z Member

Is it possible to sync Quicken Calendar to Apple Calendar?

Tagged:
3 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited January 25
    Options

I don't believe so, no. AFAIK Quicken's calendar is its own thing & can't be synced to any other calendar.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

There have been a few requests for this over the years, but they have never gathered any significant support from users; several old topics about this have been archived.

I think part of the problem is what, exactly, would sync with a calendar external to Quicken? Bills paid in the past? Bills dated in the future? Deposits, past and/or future? Investment transactions? Investment value change? Balances? And which external calendars should Quicken sync to? Just Apple's Calendar (formerly iCal)? Many people use Google Calendar, some use Microsoft Outlook, and others, and even though there's a standard format for exchanging calendar events (.ics), actually syncing with one or more external products gets complicated.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • cmmd_z
    cmmd_z Member
    Options

Thank you very much!

I would like my Quicken Bills & Income (future and past) Calendar to sync with my Apple Calendar. I have been using the Chronicle app to to this in the past.

Thanks again!

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @cmmd_z,

I went ahead and changed your post to an Idea so other users who have the same or a similar request can vote on your idea by clicking the up arrow (see below).

Ideas are also reviewed by our Development and Product teams in order to improve Quicken and implement new features requested by customers.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I think there are a few other Calendar requests- but when you try and nail down the details it becomes a black hole of choices concerning “what” Quicken Calendar entries you want grabbed..

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

For what it is worth, there is something like this in Quicken Windows. What it does is sync the reminders to Outlook. But from what I know of it, it is more of a pain than anything else. First off, it uses a very old interface between Quicken and Outlook. How old? If the version of Outlook isn't 32-bit, it won't work. What's more, say you sync a lot of reminders to Outlook and then decide that you don't want them. You have to delete them in Outlook.

Given the different calendars everyone uses and such, this really isn't something that is very doable without a lot of headaches.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/