Feature Parity for Quicken Classic Business & Personal for Mac

Options
BrianDBarnette
BrianDBarnette Member

I am a long time Quicken for Mac user and was excited to see the announcement below. Do you have a timeline or roadmap for feature parity with the Windows version? In the interim, it would be helpful to have a document that shows the differences between the Windows and macOS versions.

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited February 18
    Options

@BrianDBarnette Quicken never announces a timeline for any specific feature, let alone a whole set a features. I understand why it would be helpful to know, but they just don't do it. Even when they have a timeline, things inevitably change as they run into unexpected complications or problems during their testing.

They also haven't stated details about what features will or won't be included in the Mac business version. Partly, because they don't preannounce features. Partly because they likely know some things they're definitely planning on but will wait for user feedback/demand to decide whether to add others. I think all we know definitively from the developers is that there will be more functionality for mileage tracking (since currently there's no way to print or export what you enter), and that invoicing is coming. We don't know if they plan to add the rental property management functionality to Quicken Mac, and or any other specific features from the Windows version.

[Removed - Rant] They used to have a comparison page which was imperfect but generally accurate, and for some reason, they got rid of it and created a bad jumble of product pages which make it impossible to compare. [Removed - Speculation]

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • JoelC
    JoelC Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@jacobs excellent observation on thre removal of the comparison page, I coudl not agree more.

@BrianDBarnette I am in a similar boat as you as I am waiting for QMac for Business to be "full featured". I suggest that the best way to find what "full featured" means for you is to run QWin and QMac in parallel to see what functionality is missing before you can make the jump. Yes, it is extra work but I found it very helpful as I have identified 3 or 4 key items that I need before fully relying on QMac.

The reason I suggest is that every users needs / setup / etc. is different and it is a matter of personal need.

• KBehb23
    KBehb23 Member
    Options

Appreciate the discussion here. I just spent several days looking for the "rental tab" feature in QMac Personal & Business and lo and behold, it doesn't exist! I spoke w/ customer support and apparently its being worked on but no known timeframe. My issue is that no where in the marketing materials was there any indication that I would be getting fewer features for the same price…I incorrectly assumed I would be getting everything as listed.

• jacobs
    Options

I keep checking the Quicken.com website to see if the marketing wizards have made any corrections or improvements to the misinformation on the Business and Personal page. I note that they have now added a small asterisk next to several mentioned features:

Good, so they're now calling out which features are Windows-only. Except… for a user to find the meaning of the little asterisk, they have to scroll down the page. Way, way, way down the page in order to discover a very small "* Windows only" footnote:

I don't know why they won't make this clearer and more prominent. Just tell people what they'll be getting if they buy Quicken Mac Business & Personal, so they won't be disappointed or angry when they discover it doesn't have the features they thought it did.

Oh, and for the item about rental property management, they forgot to put an asterisk in the text:

That's absolutely a Windows only feature, at least at this time, and once again, the marketing on the website is dead wrong in not identifying this.

Sigh

• JoelC
    JoelC Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@jacobs perhaps they should you and other Super Users proof read the marketing material for accuracy, just saying!

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 18
    Options
  • jacobs
    Options

But why would they try to dupe their customers? It’s not like anyone won’t discover what features are and aren’t present when they buy the subscription — so they end up either getting a refund or being upset at Quicken and dissatisfied customers. Why not instead share the reality: “Quicken is proud to debut a Business & Personal version for Mac, and while the current early release lacks some of the features in the longstanding Quicken Windows Business & Personal, the Mac team is working hard to add additional features as quickly as possible.”

• JoelC
    JoelC Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 18
    Options

This should be there objective and purpose, after all they are a financial recording / reporting company.

• JoelC
    JoelC Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 18
    Options
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 18
    Options

I'm not disagreeing on what I/you guys believe they SHOULD DO; I was simply stating what I see them DOING.

[Removed - Speculation]

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • JoelC
    JoelC Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Chris_QPW Agree, I cannot argue wth that.

• jacobs
    edited February 18
    Options

[Removed - Speculation]

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello All,

This thread is being closed as it has become overly speculative and there have been multiple comments in violation of Community Guidelines.

Thank you!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.