Unable to Download Transactions

Options

Comments

• hopsus
    hopsus Member
    Options

I can't get any transactions to download. Under update summary it lists correct balances on accounts but they do no match register balances. The last 2 updates have been a nightmare for me. I hope they get everything fixed soon.

• Dadman
    Dadman Member ✭✭
    Options

same here

• tbarritt
    tbarritt Member
    Options

same here

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @hopsus, @Dadman, and @tbarritt,

Are you receiving any error codes or messages? When did this issue begin to occur? After a recent update? Does this issue occur across multiple different financial institutions?

Thanks!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• mjonis
    mjonis Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Ugh, now count me in:

Ally Bank

Chase Bank

Broadview FCU

TrustCo Bank

SoFi

Discover (credit card)

Discover Bank (savings account)

So far, the only "fix" I've been able to do is I have to deactivate every single account at the financial institution, AND clear out the Bank Name, and Account # (in the details of each account) and THEN click the "plus" sign to add the account, cross my fingers, hope that the Quicken Servers find all the accounts (Chase and Discover the Quicken servers aren't finding all the accounts), re-link to existing accounts and then it'll download. Spent 3 hours so far slowly 'rebuilding' the linking.

The OSU and manual "update now" reports ZERO errors, just doesn't download anything.

• Stratty12
    Stratty12 Member
    Options

I am also seeing the same issue.. perhaps since upgrading to 54.16.

• Chase specifically.
    • No errors, nor does the update window show the bank name or number of transactions.. its blank
    • Have deactivated, cleared bank name, cleared acct number, reactivated still same result.

• ejworks
    ejworks Member ✭✭
    edited February 3
    Options

None of my Banking accounts have downloaded any transactions since Jan 24th.

• tbarritt
    tbarritt Member
    Options

no error codes

• tbarritt
    tbarritt Member
    Options

Are you receiving any error codes or messages? NO

When did this issue begin to occur? NOTICED MONDAY

After a recent update? YES

Does this issue occur across multiple different financial institutions? YES

• mjonis
    mjonis Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

That's about the date that a bunch of mine stopped downloading as well.

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @ejworks & @mjonis,

Could you please elaborate and tell us exactly what happens when you attempt to download transactions? Do you receive any specific error code(s) and/or message(s) that you can provide us with here, please? And are all the accounts with the same or different financial institutions?

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• mjonis
    mjonis Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

OSU and "Update Now" have zero errors or messages, that's why you don't notice right away that stuff hasn't downloaded for a week or more.

So far, financial institutions affected:

Ally Bank

Sofi

Broadview FCU

Chase (business cards)

Discover (card, not the Savings account)

I'm sure I'll find more.

With the exception of Discover and Chase, I have "Fixed" the above by deactivating EVERY account held at said financial institution. Then, in order for Quicken to find ALL the accounts, I have had to delete the Financial Institution AND the Account # from the Details field in Quicken (else it won't find everything).

Discover refuses to see but one Credit Card no matter what.

Chase, on the web page, where you authorize, shows FOUR cards, but then Quicken only sees 3.

If you look through these forums, you'll see many other reports of similar, except they are broken down by specific bank (ie: Sofi has its own thread, as does Amex, as does Chase, as does Discover).

There is obviously something very wrong with Quicken/Intuit's server or software for so many people to have the same issue at approximately the same time.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello All,

Are you receiving any error codes or messages? Which financial institutions are you experiencing this issue with? This is so I may investigate and report further.

Thanks!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• normb1
    normb1 Member
    Options

Upgraded to 54.16 today. Downloaded transactions do not load. I have tried import the transaction file, Files→ Import File, and that does not work either. I have not tried One Step Update. Does that work for anyone?

No error code or message. Just nothing happens. No transactions post to any of the accounts. In addition to the institutions noted in earlier posts here, you can add First Tech Federal Credit Union.

Since one can download the transactions, this is not a interface issue with the financial institutions. Quicken will not import a QFX file .

It sure would be nice if Quicken allowed one to rollback an update. It worked fine when I did my monthly transactions update in the first week of Jan. Right now the only choice is to manually input the data and that is not acceptable. If I could rollback, I would be functional again until 54.16 is replaced with something that works. How about Quicken retitled the previous properly functioning release, e.g. 5.9 to 5.17, push it out and then fix 54.16 and push it with a new title when it is fixed? UNless this issue can be fixed in a day or two.

• rbncos
    rbncos Member
    Options

One Step update seems to work fine, says it updated but no new transactions are downloaded, although I know I've had transactions since my last update a few days ago. No error codes or messages. I was able to download transactions for a couple of accounts individually from within the account on Quicken using the Actions button in the upper right of the screen, but not even able to do this for all accounts. This began occurring after R54.16 update. In addition, I spent hours tracking an incorrect balance in one of my credit card accounts after the update, only to find that Quicken had changed my opening balance on the account. I had problems after the previous update as well. This is VERY frustrating, I've been a Quicken user since the 1990's, and have never had as many problems as I've experienced lately. I'll be checking into available options to Quicken, just hope there's something out there that works well for me.

• rydogg1
    rydogg1 Member ✭✭
    Options

Definitely missing transactions for BoA. I even restarted a new Quicken file for 54.16 and updated BoA accounts there and got the transactions I was missing in my existing file but the beginning balance was way off to the tune of $750+

Not sure why I continue to pay for this product annually. Sent in a problem report. Very frustrating to not have accurate information. Seems the Express Connection+ change has been the biggest culprit for a lot of bank balances etc.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @normb1,

You mentioned none of your accounts will download. Could you please specify which financial institution(s) the accounts are with? If you are wanting to try rolling back to an earlier version of Quicken, you can use this article to download earlier patches. If the issue persists after rolling back to an earlier patch, please reach back out so we can troubleshoot further.

@rydogg1,

There is currently a known issue with missing transactions from Bank of America. You can click this Community Alert for more information/troubleshooting. The opening balance of an account usually won't change, but since it is a calculated value, any time an account is reconnected or reset, there is a small chance that it will change. I've seen Super Users recommend putting the opening balance in the memo for the opening balance transaction so it is easier to correct if the issue happens.

@rbncos,

Which financial institution(s) are not able to download transactions? Also, the opening balance of an account usually won't change, but since it is a calculated value, any time an account is reconnected or reset, there is a small chance that it will change. I've seen Super Users recommend putting the opening balance in the memo for the opening balance transaction so it is easier to correct if the issue happens.

I look forward to your responses!

Quicken Kristina

• dondgc
    dondgc Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 3
    Options

I too am missing transactions from Chase - started this week (Feb 2 to be precise). Most transactions download but a few don't. 4 didn't download yesterday, 3 failed to download today. Version 54.16

• AJDesertLife
    Options

Yes, I have also been unable to update transactions with chase. This is going on weeks now. This latest update has been very buggy.

• zeems
    zeems Member
    Options

I am having this issue too - some accounts work, but MIT FCU (federal credit union) stopped working. Vanguard and Fidelity seem ok though, and Paypal.

• rydogg1
    rydogg1 Member ✭✭
    Options

@Quicken Kristina I appreciate the response and I have read the bulletin but I have gone ahead and filed another report on this issue for missing transactions that are showing cleared on the BoA website.

I think it's concerning that's particular bulletin has been open for greater than 2+ months and there's still no ETA on the fix. Bank of America is one of the top depository institutions in the US and if the integration to pull data from them is still this problematic then something has to be refocused to get it corrected.

The very feature that's the core to the product and it does not work consistently.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

This is just a "shot into the dark" … but it never hurts looking …

Please verify this:

If Quicken cannot create and use temporary files, all sorts of malfunctions will occur.

In Windows Control Panel / System / Advanced System Settings / Environment Variables ensure that both the TEMP and TMP user variables point to a valid and existing folder,
    typically C:\Windows\Temp or C:\Users\your_username_here\AppData\Local\Temp
    If they point to an incorrect or non-existent folder or drive change both variables to an existing folder on C:\ or create one, e.g., C:\Temp, and reboot Windows.

If the Temp folder is located on a too-small SSD C: - drive and you have an internal standard hard disk, too, move the Temp folder to the internal hard disk and change the TEMP and TMP variables

If the folder exists … does your Windows User Account have proper access rights to this folder?

If the Temp folder is full of junk, clean it out. Delete all files and subfolders within the Temp folder structure that Windows allows you to delete. You may have to skip a few that are actively in use.

Make sure that files in the Temp folder are NOT accessed by MS OneDrive or other cloud backup software at all.

Run CHKDSK C: /r on your C: - drive (or perform Error Checking from Windows File Explorer, Properties, Tools tab).

• Wichita Lineman
    Wichita Lineman Member ✭✭
    Options

Ran OSU and SoFi banking and SoFi Mastercard showed update complete with no new transactions.

I know there are posted transactions. Tried updating each account individually via gear wheel in each ledger. Same result.

Reset my connection with each account, linked to existing, and missing transactions downloaded.

This is getting tedious.

• ejgaio
    ejgaio Member
    Options

I am having issues updating Chase, Capital One, Marcus by Goldman. I am at my wits end with this software. I have been using it for over 25 years and quality has been continuing to deteriorate. Yet they keep updating this garbage and increasing the price

• Flux
    Flux Member ✭✭
    edited February 3
    Options

I had this problem with my Chase credit card. Here was my solution :

1. Right click on the account and choose "Edit/Delete Account"
    2. Click on the "Display Options" Tab
    3. Under the "Account Intent" section I changed from "Business" to "Personal" using the drop-down menu
    4. I hit "OK" to get back to the main resister window
    5. I performed a "One Step Update" (all my missing transactions downloaded)
    6. I performed steps 1-4 above again, but this time changing "Personal" back to "Business" using the drop-down
    7. After doing this my downloads have continued to work

Perhaps these procedures will work for you. If you are already set to "Personal", try changing it to "Business"…attempt a download…and then set back to "Personal".

Please report back if any of this helps you all. It has worked for everyone I know of that had this issue specifically with Chase. It might work beyond Chase issues. Please report back to confirm one way or the other.

• Flux
    Flux Member ✭✭
    Options

I had this problem with my Chase credit card. Here was my solution :

1. Right click on the account and choose "Edit/Delete Account"
    2. Click on the "Display Options" Tab
    3. Under the "Account Intent" section I changed from "Business" to "Personal" using the drop-down menu
    4. I hit "OK" to get back to the main resister window
    5. I performed a "One Step Update" (all my missing transactions downloaded)
    6. I performed steps 1-4 above again, but this time changing "Personal" back to "Business" using the drop-down
    7. After doing this my downloads have continued to work

Perhaps these procedures will work for you. If you are already set to "Personal", try changing it to "Business"…attempt a download…and then set back to "Personal".

Please report back if any of this helps you all. It has worked for everyone I know of that had this issue specifically with Chase. It might work beyond Chase issues. Please report back to confirm one way or the other.

• dondgc
    dondgc Member ✭✭✭
    Options

it didn’t help me but I appreciate your sharing.

Don

• Flux
    Flux Member ✭✭
    Options

@dondgc Thanks for reporting back. Sorry it didn't help. I am using version R53.32. Another suggestion would be to roll back to this version by downloading a "Mondo Patch Update" here :

https://www.quicken.com/support/reinstalling-and-patching-your-quicken-subscription-version-after-your-membership-has

Scroll down the page and you can find older installers. I typically just install it on top of the previous install to Roll-Back an update to a previous version. Perhaps an older version will restore function. Again, I am using R53.32 and am not having any issues. YMMV.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached and (if you are willing) a sanitized copy of your data file in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience!

Thank you.    

Quicken Kristina

• David24
    David24 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Activate/Deactivate/Reactivate - I have tried them all, but the problem persists. Periodically, one account downloads years of transactions and inserts stray opening balances that need to be found and deleted. Looking for an ETA please.