Macy's OSU Issue (QWIN)

Options
System
System Member admin
This discussion was created from comments split from: Macy's card error - FDP-105.

Comments

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

It is failing for me too on the Windows side. So, it isn't anything the user can fix from Quicken. I have already tried Resetting the account and deactivated and re-setting up the account (don't do that, it will just fail for you and leave you with it unconnected. We don't use the credit card much, so I didn't mind trying).

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 9
    Options

Macy's (and Macy's Amex) have been failing for me on QWin, as well, for the last 3-4 days. The error code varies each day….CC-501, CC-502, CC-505 and CC-506. Update now does not work. Reset Account does not work. Add Account (in a separate test file) does not work.

I should add that these Macy's cards have been having OSU issues for many months, again, returning these same error codes. Almost always doing Update Now or Reset Account right after the failed OSU attempt would resolve the issue or it would self-resolve by the next day. But this time is different because of the past resolutions methods are not working now.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I should add that these Macy's cards have been having OSU issues for many months, again

From the day that my wife opened this account I have always had problems with downloading the Macy's card. It would usually go for a few weeks and then act up. And yeah, from time to time, it would do what it is doing now and not download at all even trying all the resetting and such.

Signature:
  • Shannon M M
    Shannon M M Member ✭✭
    Options

Having the same issue with Macy's card CC-505 error. Win11 Quicken Classic Premier

Tried all the usual resetting the account, deactivating and re-setting.

• Dominick Regina
    Options

Looks like I'm in the club as well… I've been getting a CC-502 "Connection Problem" for the past week or so.
    I also tried all the usual resetting steps without luck.

• Steve_Calif
    Steve_Calif Member ✭✭
    Options

Still no Macy's connection as of Sunday 2/11 10:43 am PST. Error FDP-105.

BTW, we've had such horrible billing problems with Macy's that we are cancelling our two cards and will use our Visa cards from now on. Nothing to do with Quicken.

Macy's is having serious business problems and it seems it is spilling over to their IT Dept.

• January 19, 2024: announced cutting 2,350 jobs and closing five more stores.
    • January 2023: announced four store closings.
    • January 2022: announced six store closings and one Bloomingdale's Outlet as part of a three-year plan to close one-fifth of its stores.

• mpafumi77
    mpafumi77 Unconfirmed ✭✭
    Options

FWIW, I stopped getting the error this morning - Sunday 2/11.

• KAP478
    KAP478 Member ✭✭
    Options

Still am getting the error unfortunately.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

For what it is worth, Macy's doesn't maintain their credit cards, so it wouldn't be their IT department.

Signature:
  • dahoberty
    dahoberty Member ✭✭
    Options

I've been having the same issue with Macy's card for over a week. At about the same time I started getting CC 505 errors from NelNet as well.

• alan14
    alan14 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Same issue for me. I tried resetting the account and that failed. So I deleted the online account and now cannot reconnect it. I guess I will have to wait. I use Window version of Quicken. Fortunately do not use the Macys credit card much.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    edited February 12
    Options

Hello All,

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files, a sanitized data file, and screenshots (if possible) attached to contribute to the investigation.

We do currently have an active alert regarding FDP-105(CC-505) with Macy's Credit Cards. You may follow this link to access that alert where you can bookmark it for any further updates. We apologize for any inconvenience caused in the meantime.

Please let me know once you have submitted the logs. Thanks!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Quicken Jasmine I sort of wonder about the all the requests for reporting a problem. Is this a "popularity contest" like it is for voting for Ideas?

Let's face it when something like this happens, and a financial institution goes down for everyone, including both Windows and Mac, and you already have an alert on it, what is in the user's log files is basically redundant at best, and most likely useless because the real problem is between Intuit and the financial institution. All that is going to show up in the user's log is a generic error code(s).

Signature:
  • alan14
    alan14 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Until a number of people report an issue, you will not know if it is a one-off issue or one that is worth quicken support investigating. The more people affected, the more urgency And resources should be dedicated.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@alan14 That is basically what I was asking @Quicken Jasmine if the number of reports somehow ups the priority.

One has to understand, Quicken Inc isn't the one that can fix this. Quicken Inc pays Intuit for the "Connect Services", they are their "aggregator". Only they and possibly the financial institution can fix the problem when it is between Intuit and the financial institution like this problem is.

Signature:
  • KAP478
    KAP478 Member ✭✭
    Options

An update or "NEW" error popped up for me I think it started really late last night.

Besides the FDP -105 OR CC -505. As an update I got this message when I attempt to link my credit cards. 

An unexpected error occurred.

Please try again later.

Details:
    REMOTE_UPDATE_IN_PROGRESS

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @Chris_QPW,

There are several factors contributing to problem reports, including the need to monitor volume and for investigative purposes. Quicken Inc.'s escalation team collaborates closely with Intuit when issues involve our servers or aggregators. Moreover, the information requested in the Community aligns directly with the requirements of our escalation teams, which Intuit also recognizes and may request. Sufficient submissions are crucial for thorough investigations to take place.

I hope this sheds some light!

-Quicken Jasmine

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Quicken Jasmine Thank you that does help to clarify how the system works.

Signature:
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Options

@Chris_QPW,

Of course, I am always happy to clarify and provide further information if needed.

Enjoy the rest of your day!

-Quicken Jasmine

• KAP478
    KAP478 Member ✭✭
    Options

On my computer, I'm back at the initial FDP -105 or CC -505 as if I never linked the accounts in the first place. Should I send another log and report it again or leave it be?

• KAP478
    KAP478 Member ✭✭
    Options

In a way so true. Most logs will show generic error codes unless it an eerily specific error regarding a specific account tied to the financial institution itself. Due to "error code …, please contact your financial institution for the following information we require or authorization". Get that specific information or authorization and get that to quicken (Intuit) support so they can patch that issue to the next update

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

I was able to Add my Macy's Store Card and Macy's Amex Card this evening. I did this in a TEST account. The account balances are correct but the account numbers are wrong and there is no transaction history. The only transactions that were entered are the Opening Balance transactions and they have today's date. So it appears there is some progress but it is still very broken.

• KAP478
    KAP478 Member ✭✭
    Options

When you link it, link it to what the account was (the name you gave it) even though the account credit card number is different than what the website says. At least it will be there. It happened to me as well. The thing is even if it is linked, it won't update the transactions say, payments, interest charges or finance charges. On my account it downloaded nothing

• feobrien
    feobrien Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I received a notice that the Macy's problem has been resolved. It worked for me for a day and today it no longer works :(

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

OSU with Macy's (both the store card account and the Amex card account) worked for me in both my main data file and in my TEST data file.

Please explain what you mean by "it no longer works." Did you receive an error code or message? If so, what was it?

How many times did you try updating the account?

If OSU did not work for you, did you then try Update Now, instead?

• feobrien
    feobrien Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Macy's Credit Card

CC-506

Quicken is unable to update your account. This maybe because the account was closed, or its nickname changed. Nothing has changed since yesterday when it worked.

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

How many times did you try to update the account?

If you tried to update the account with OSU and that is what did not work, did you try updating the account with Update Now, instead?

• feobrien
    feobrien Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I tried twice this morning. I tried multiple ways to update. I just deleted the account and added it back. That seemed to resolve the problem. Not sure why, but I don't question success :)

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

I'm glad it worked for you.

BTW, deleting accounts is usually not the best way to fix a problem because one risks losing historical transactions data and if there are any transfers into or out of that account (ex., credit card payment transfers from your checking account) it will mess up the account register and balance of the account the transfer came from or was made to.

• Generally, getting a CC-5XX error code will self-resolve by trying OSU again later in the day or by the next day.
    • If that does not work, then Update Now will often (not always) will resolve the issue.
    • If Update Now does not work, then Reset Account will fix most connection issues.
    • If Reset Account does not work, then Deactivate the account and do Add Account or Set Up Now.

Unless there is an issue at the Financial Institution and/or with how Intuit (the aggregator) and/or with how Quicken Inc. servers are handling the update process, one of these steps will almost always fix the issue and will leave intact all of the historical information and transfers data.

• feobrien
    feobrien Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.