Investment Partnership accounts in Q Mac?

Options
rick.m650
rick.m650 Member ✭✭
edited March 15 in Investing (Mac)

In searching the Support Community, any mention of Partnership accounts are in Windows versions only. Are Investment Partnerships a thing in Quicken for Mac ??? I running Classic Deluxe v.7.5.2. Is this a another compromise for MacOS users??😕

Tagged:

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

There are no specific Partnership features in Quicken Mac. You could certainly use Quicken Mac for tracking income and expenses for a small business partnership. The references I see to Quicken Windows about partnerships are for investment partnerships — is that what you're inquiring about?

I don't recall seeing requests for investment partnerships before, and I actually wasn't aware of this feature until seeing your post. You can create a new Idea post requesting this functionality, allowing other users an opportunity to add their votes and comments; Ideas which get enough votes are forwarded to the developers for implementation consideration. It would also help to mention what specific features you'd want to see.

Is this a "compromise" for Quicken Mac users? The reality is that Quicken Mac lacks various features in Quicken Windows. Quicken Mac was re-created from scratch over the past 10-15 years, and the Quicken Mac development team is smaller than the Quicken Windows team, so playing "catch-up" with Quicken windows features is an ongoing fact of life. Quicken Mac continues to improve, and the gap is narrowing, but progress is slow and it will still take years to close that gap. The developers use user feedback here, in the form of voting for Idea posts, as one of the factors in deciding how to prioritize future development work.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I believe the "partnership feature" is fairly new to Quicken Windows, but at any rate I will point out that I believe it is a premier edition feature only, not Deluxe, so even if Quicken Mac implements it you would probably have to upgrade your edition to get it.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @rick.m650,

Quicken for Mac did not mirror the Partnership features that were added to Quicken Windows a few months ago.

To request this feature to be added in the future, what you can do is create an idea post. This way other users who have the same or a similar request can vote on your idea.

Our Development and Product teams frequently use our idea posts to improve Quicken and implement new features requested by customers. 

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.