Quicken 2015 - New Data File

davekuc
davekuc Quicken Windows Other Member ✭✭

I went to file-new quicken file and added a new file. It was successful. Then I went to file-open quicken file, selected on it to open. It appeared something happened momentarily then I just got a blank screen with File and Help at the top left and a message at the bottom about needing help and calling support. What could have happened.

Best Answer

• QuickUserPSP
    QuickUserPSP Quicken Windows Subscription Member, Windows Beta Beta
    edited February 13 Answer ✓

@davekuc You have an older version of Quicken that doesn't have current functionality. Also, as @splasher stated Quicken 2015 is an old Intuit product that requires an Intuit ID, but the problem is that the Intuit registration servers no longer exist, so there is no way for you to sign in.

@splasher sorry, I think our posts crossed and I wrote my earlier one before I saw yours.

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Quicken Mac Subscription Moderator mod

Hello @davekuc,

If you don’t mind, could you please provide a screenshot of the blank screen and message that you described receiving? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments. Please remember to redact any personal information as needed.

Thanks!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• QuickUserPSP

@davekuc there is a way you can force the Quicken ID sign in window to appear -

Do a file Validate, but before clicking on File→Validation and Repair File, hold down your [Ctrl] key. You should see the File Validation screen with "Authentication Block will be fixed" under the "Validate File" checkbox. Check the box and run the Validate. When it completes, close out of Quicken, and then resign in. You should be presented with the correct Quicken ID sign in screen. Enter your Quicken ID and Password, and then I am hoping this will get you in.

• davekuc
    edited February 14

Here is the screenshot

[edit] - this is from - Quicken 2015 -

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

That is Quicken's normal display when no data file has been opened. You should be able to open your new and old files from the File menu.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• davekuc

Quicken Jasmine

Also Authentication Block will be fixed" under the "Validate File" checkbox. doesn't show up. Here is what the box looks like

Also I do not need to enter a password to access the files in Quicken.

• splasher
    splasher Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 13

Nope, none of the above, user is using Quicken 2015 as seen in the screen shot. You can't create and register a new file since the registration servers for those years no longer exist.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• QuickUserPSP

The screenshot provided looks like a Quicken ID sign on Screen that hasn't fully opened. The sign on screen for no data file look similar but a bit different

• QuickUserPSP

I just noticed that the user is trying to open a 2015 file. So it could be either screen.

@davekuc I would still try the Validate procedure with the [Cntrl] key. It won't cause a problem and may force the screen to fully open.

• davekuc

QuickUserPSP

Tried using control key. Same result. According to other responses it sounds like I may not be able to do this due to the fact that my software is so old.

• QuickUserPSP
    edited February 13 Answer ✓

@davekuc You have an older version of Quicken that doesn't have current functionality. Also, as @splasher stated Quicken 2015 is an old Intuit product that requires an Intuit ID, but the problem is that the Intuit registration servers no longer exist, so there is no way for you to sign in.

@splasher sorry, I think our posts crossed and I wrote my earlier one before I saw yours.

• davekuc

Thanks to everyone who helped with this inquiry.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭✭✭

Just a minor point. It isn't an Intuit ID, it was a Quicken ID.

The history is that Quicken 2014 through 2017 started with the Intuit ID, but when Intuit sold Quicken, it was changed to an Quicken ID (different servers) with a patch. Up until recently when Quicken 2014 through 2017 was installed on a new machine the user needed to make sure they installed a version of the patch past that point, so that the registration was talking to the right server.

But not too long ago Quicken Inc made changes to the Quicken ID login process that broke it for Quicken 2014 through 2017. So, the point is that it isn't Intuit servers, and it isn't because the servers no longer exist. It is because of a change in how the login works.

Most people's problem with this is getting an existing data file registered on a new machine. And there is a workaround for that "sometimes works", but if the problem is in a new data file on a machine that is already working with an existing data file, then it is a bit strange because you are registering Quicken, not the data file. If one looks at the workaround you will see it is at the machine/user level. But given the "hidden nature" of all of this I certainly wouldn't doubt that there is something that prevents new data files. One thing to try if this is the exact use case would be to copy your existing working data file, and then remove/change what you want. I would never suggest that on a Quicken Subscription data file because it is too tightly connected to the data online, but for Quicken 2014 to 2017 that connection has basically been broken and as such there shouldn't be any "syncing" between the two.

https://www.quicknperlwiz.com/blanklogin2014-2017.html

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.